HoF Acceptance speeches

Snaked

Was that Alex's way of saying f*ck you to the RRHOF? That was amazing and hilarious. They won and accepted the award and still managed to make the fans happy who wanted them to refuse the award... that is if those people can be made happy.

Anyway, glad they got in, and in definitive Rush style! That should make for some interesting headlines...

• Like 4

The tweet from Billboard said the Lerxst speech will be the best reason to watch the HBO show. So they better leave it in.

If they cut anything, it will be TSOR.

• Like 1

Was that Alex's way of saying f*ck you to the RRHOF? That was amazing and hilarious. They won and accepted the award and still managed to make the fans happy who wanted them to refuse the award... that is if those people can be made happy.

Anyway, glad they got in, and in definitive Rush style! That should make for some interesting headlines...

I know, some people aren't getting it.

How do you both graciously accept an award, while mocking it?

How do you say, "This is a big deal to us, but why the f**k did Abba and Madonna get in?"

Lerxst is a comic genius—telling the story of wanting to tell the Hall to go f**k themselves, but then suiting up and showing up, gracious and humble—because the vindication means so much to the fans.

• Like 4

How do you say, "This is a big deal to us, but why the f**k did Abba and Madonna get in?"

Lerxst is a comic genius—telling the story of wanting to tell the Hall to go f**k themselves, but then suiting up and showing up, gracious and humble—because the vindication means so much to the fans.

See, now I took his speech as a poignant geopolitical commentary on the history of the galaxy.

The end part of his speech can be literally translated as "ATTENTION ALL PLANETS OF THE SOLAR FEDERATION - WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL!"

beat me to it.. I was just going to post that Alex is a fukking GENIUS! gave them the whole message without saying a word! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

• Like 1

beat me to it.. I was just going to post that Alex is a fukking GENIUS! gave them the whole message without saying a word! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Or more accurately by saying one word... over and over and over again. :P

Rush never gave a rats ass about the award and Alex's "speech" showed it!

But he did while saying thank you to the dedicated fans.

None of their speeches directly thanked the Hall -- just their friends, family, crew, and the FANS.

• Like 4

Alex is a Genius! That was the best Speech I've ever heard! He told the RRHOF to F-Off and Thanked everyone without saying a word. Well expcept BLAH!!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :haz: :haz: :haz: :ebert: :ebert: :ebert: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

Rush never gave a rats ass about the award

"We've been saying for a long time - years - that this wasn't a big deal. Turns out, it kind of is!"

Don't give a rat's ass? Yeah, I guess Neil's eyes were wet because there was an onion nearby.

"We've been saying for a long time - years - that this wasn't a big deal. Turns out, it kind of is!"

Don't give a rat's ass? Yeah, I guess Neil's eyes were wet because there was an onion nearby.

Neil teared up cause he momentarily thought of his lost family. He teared up as soon as he said friends and Family. Poor probably wishes his daughter was still alive to witness this. He's going through alot of emotions up there.

:|

• Like 1

Oh man.....my stomach is still hurting from laughing.... :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Alex..... probably your finest hour....

I was waiting to see what he'd do.

Beats the "Dozen Eggs"...speech by a mile.....

Neil teared up cause he momentarily thought of his lost family. He teared up as soon as he said friends and Family. Poor probably wishes his daughter was still alive to witness this. He's going through alot of emotions up there.

:|

Maybe. Maybe. But it looked to me like he was getting teary before he even spoke a single word; it's the first thing I noticed in the video.

Alex is a Genius! That was the best Speech I've ever heard! He told the RRHOF to F-Off and Thanked everyone without saying a word. Well expcept BLAH!!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :haz: :haz: :haz: :ebert: :ebert: :ebert: :clap: :clap: :clap:

unfortunately I didnt think it was brilliant, witty or funny in any way. I know Alex is the class clown but it seemed imappropriate.

kinda disappointed me.

• Like 2

count me in the thinking it was brilliant camp. perfect speech at the perfect time. his facial expressions were hysterical. well done alex!

their speeches like their solo discs all reflect how different they are.

• Like 4

Damn...do I love Alex. Talk about someone who never takes himself too serious. He is really a unique and hysterical person. :)

Wonderfully irreverent in an appropriate setting. It is Rock and Roll, after all. I understand the other side, but it's not like they were receiving a distinguished honour like The Order of Canada or an honour from the Queen of England.

I laughed and then had a hard time explaining to my cubicle neighbours the source of my amusement. It's like he got to say what we all wanted to say but in blah format. He gave love to the fans, the crew, the families. He told us about the struggles and critical regard in which they have been held. He told them what to do with their criticism. And how much he loved and thanked us. All of this with a smile on his face and me in stitches. :rfl:

I think it was wonderful. One for the ages.

The most poignant line of the evening came from Chuck D.

"We all come from the damn blues. Let's not get it twisted.”
  • Like 2

unfortunately I didnt think it was brilliant, witty or funny in any way. I know Alex is the class clown but it seemed imappropriate.

kinda disappointed me.

I agree.If you're a Rush fan you know the history but to an outsider it might look silly and it went on too long.