2013-14 NFL Season Thread

laughedatbytime

And now something completely the same... In Cleveland's hard fought fight to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory today against the Jags. Brandon Weeden suffered a concussion which leaves the question who's the next victim in the revolving Browns QB saga next week against the Patriots??? Alex Tanney just acquired last week from the Cowboys practice squad... Welcome to the NFL AND MAY YOU LEAVE IN ONE PIECE...(but i doubt it..)

Fixed.

Thank you grammer patrol , I noticed that after the fact.. And it was to late to correct.. :P ( I'm sure I butchered that also!!)

Didn't mean it to be a correction, just my own fun comment. Ya think the Browns shoulda kept Brady Quinn?

And now something completely the same... In Cleveland's hard fought fight to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory today against the Jags. Brandon Weeden suffered a concussion which leaves the question who's the next victim in the revolving Browns QB saga next week against the Patriots??? Alex Tanney just acquired last week from the Cowboys practice squad... Welcome to the NFL AND MAY YOU LEAVE IN ONE PIECE...(but i doubt it..)

Fixed.

Thank you grammar patrol , I noticed that after the fact.. And it was to late to correct.. :P ( I'm sure I butchered that also!!)

Didn't mean it to be a correction, just my own fun comment. Ya think the Browns shoulda kept Brady Quinn?

No problem.... :) Brady Quinn , Tim Tebow or recent pick up from the scrap pile Caleb Hanie none would or will have any impact to enhance Browns chances of winning football games. Cleveland's season ended with Brian Hoyer getting hurt. Jason Campbell looked promising and then mediocre before he went down. And Weeden? .. :sarcastic:

Fixed.

Thank you grammar patrol , I noticed that after the fact.. And it was to late to correct.. :P ( I'm sure I butchered that also!!)

No problem.... :) Brady Quinn , Tim Tebow, Alex Tanney???( famous on youtube, see laughedatby time post) or recent pick up from the scrap pile Caleb Hanie none would or will have any impact to enhance Browns chances of winning football games. Cleveland's season ended with Brian Hoyer getting hurt. Jason Campbell looked promising and then mediocre before he went down. And Weeden? .. :sarcastic:

I don't know what the hell happened there, sorry gang ... :scared: Edited by softfilter

I don't know what the hell happened there, sorry gang ... :scared:

What's this a quote from a Browns coach ? ;)

Damn dude you don't let up, your Browns fan friend must really give you a hard time!!! :LOL:

btw good one there have to admit... :syrinx:

Edited by softfilter

Gary Kubiak is out in Houston.

Texans fire Kubiak

Team owner Bob McNair announced Friday that the Texans have fired their longtime coach after dropping a franchise-record 11th consecutive game Thursday night -- a 27-20 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars -- to tumble to 2-11 on the season.

TheMMQB's Peter King first noted Friday that he expected the team to fire Kubiak, who exits after seven-plus seasons and a 61-64 mark with the Texans in the regular season.

McNair told reporters that defensive coordinator Wade Phillips will take over as interim coach for the remainder of the campaign. He also announced that young quarterback Case Keenum will start the rest of the way. General manager Rick Smith, who sat beside McNair during the press conference, is safe.

"Taking action now instead of waiting allows us the process of finding a new coach," McNair said. "That process is under way, and those prospects who are not under contract in the NFL are people we can visit with, so we'll start the process."

McNair added: "It's been horrible, a nightmare. It's not what I'm accustomed to or the organization's accustomed to."

Kubiak's record as Texans coach

Year Record Win percentage

2006 6-10 (.375)

2007 8-8 (.500)

2008 8-8 (.500)

2009 9-7 (.563)

2010 6-10 (.375)

2011 10-6 (.625)

2012 12-4 (.750)

2013 2-11 (.154)

Career 61-64 (.488)

Kubiak's time in Houston included two AFC South championships and just three losing seasons as he oversaw a team that many expected to soar back to the playoffs in 2013. Instead, veteran quarterback Matt Schaub imploded and foundation back Arian Foster was lost for the season after undergoing back surgery.

The coach's health became an issue after Kubiak suffered a mini-stroke on the Reliant Stadium sideline during a Week 9 loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Nov. 3. Phillips stepped in for the team's Week 10 loss to the Arizona Cardinals and now guides the Texans against Indy in Week 15 before Houston finishes with the Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans.

McNair made it clear Friday that dropping game after game is "not acceptable" for a team that came into the season with Super Bowl dreams. Instead of waiting around to make the inevitable a reality, the Texans are wasting no time.

The future, in Houston, is now.

Nah, not really close in Pittsburgh. In Philly it's shades of the 1947 Championship Game. The Lions went for two because the odds were better than with a one point conversion.

Kai Forbath with the worst tackle effort of all time. Edited by laughedatbytime

I heard the Lions have fumbled about 6 times already in Philly and Reggie isn't even playing!

That's because it would be WORSE with him in there...

Reggie slipped in the pre-game drill & sprained his calf muscle apparently.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.