Vital Signs at the RRHOF

HigherWater

Honestly this would be my ideal song choice for them to play lol. Esepcially after seeing it twice last tour, and it being the most powerful song on the DVD (IMO), it would just be excellent.

How about Natural Science?

Computerized clinic

for superior cynics

who dance to a synthetic band

In their own image

their world is fashioned

no wonder they don't understand

Perfect...

• Like 5

How about Natural Science?

Computerized clinic

for superior cynics

who dance to a synthetic band

In their own image

their world is fashioned

no wonder they don't understand

Perfect...

Fukk yes! I say TSOR, TS and Subdivisions and no CTTH or Limelight.

Edited by driventotheedge

IMO some people are looking at this all wrong. The song selection should be powerful and celebratory, not "Revenge of the Nerds"

IMO some people are looking at this all wrong. The song selection should be powerful and celebratory, not "Revenge of the Nerds"

How about We Are The Champions, then?

Let's be honest, about 75-90% of the people associated with the RRHOF don't really want them there. So a big FU, whether in the form of Nat Sci or whatever else is appropriate. The Fountain of Lamneth would be a good choice, all 19 minutes...a passive-aggressive way to piss them off.

Guys, it's going to be Tom Sawyer.

Most people watching will know it, and it's their most famous song.

Why would they want play their most famous song? If it was some random TV show or movie appearance sure but the rrhof deserves a NEW rush song from CLOCKWORK ANGELS!

I hope the play Headlong Flight and follow it with The Garden.. The garden to show how good this band STILL IS, and headlong flight just to say "love us or hate us.. we are RUSH!" These are the two messages rrhof needs to hear IMO.. And don't worry, they could still pull it off in a polite respectful way ;)

• Like 1

Or as someone said on here before, they should just go in and play 'Smoke on the Water" in honor of Deep Purple.. That would really throw a fukk into them bastards hahaha !
  • Like 1

Or as someone said on here before, they should just go in and play 'Smoke on the Water" in honor of Deep Purple.. That would really throw a fukk into them bastards hahaha !

LOVE this idea!!

Why would they want play their most famous song? If it was some random TV show or movie appearance sure but the rrhof deserves a NEW rush song from CLOCKWORK ANGELS!

I hope the play Headlong Flight and follow it with The Garden.. The garden to show how good this band STILL IS, and headlong flight just to say "love us or hate us.. we are RUSH!" These are the two messages rrhof needs to hear IMO.. And don't worry, they could still pull it off in a polite respectful way ;)

Tom Sawyer is the one song that's virtually GUARANTEED to be played. After that it would be Limelight or TSoR. I think it'd be great if they played Headlong Flight (my favorite off CA) to show that they're still putting out quality music. However, it's more likely that they'll be doing songs that got them into the RRHoF in the first place. Those classic songs got them the core group of Rush fans...and I think RUSH is essentially in the RRHoF because of us Rush fans. But Rush is just cool enough to toss in a CA tune in there [if time allows].

I think it would be great if they played their least rock and roll songs...Rivendell, Tears, and Madrigal. On top of that, I would like to see them do it acoustic with Neil just shaking maracas.

In reality it is going to be Tom Sawyer.

Anyone know if event on tv and what channel?

The induction ceremony is 04-18-2013 in Los Angeles so it would air pretty late EST LIVE and I don't know the exact start time, I'd guess 8:00 PST—11:00 EST.. I'm sure there are several ways to watch the whole thing live if you want---I am hoping for a collaboration between Heart and Rush at some point---Tom Sawyer---The Spirit of Radio---Crazy on You---Magic Man. Who knows? The expectation is to play your most recognizable songs but Rush and Heart both have a bit of a nonconformist streak in them. I'm sure I'll have goosebumps no matter what they decide to play.

HBO will televise an edited version of the induction ceremony on 05-18-2013.

Just a guess---Rush will perform at least a snippet of something old and something new.

yeah thanks for that geo, i'm hoping for a full unabridged performance of cygnus x-1, just to give the uninitiated an idea of what the band all about..... not expecting it mindyou, we'll probably get tom sawyer limelight & SOR.

Vital Signs is my ultimate Rush song, that would be the coolest thing ever but yeah, not going to happen. :(
  • Like 1

I think they should play Tom Sayer, Spirit (and or Limelight), Subdivisions and (abridged) Headlong Flight with a drum solo.

Headlong Flight would be so awesome. Show everyone how kick ass the band is after all these years. :haz: