Rush's Limelight Opens Up American Idol...

Jag2112

Darn explain when the rush sighting occured please....

Intro of the show.

oh shit, I missed it....mom-in-law was switching between Idol and Totonto baseball......GRRRRR!!!

Not watching anything myself, but with her having the TV volume up so loud, I can hear it upstairs here in the office....

Edited by rushfanforever!

WOW! If someone had to said to you ten years ago that this would happen... what would you say? I wonder what Neil is saying about all this... ?? HA!

People still watch AI? :LOL:

I know what you mean. I've watched every season of Idol -- more just for the entertainment of spectacular failures... :) But for some reason, I just couldn't get into it this year. Largely because of Minaj and Mariah... it was more about them and less about the contestants...at least, that's the way it was early on...

Idol has jumped the shark - no question about it...

I know what you mean. I've watched every season of Idol -- more just for the entertainment of spectacular failures... :) But for some reason, I just couldn't get into it this year. Largely because of Minaj and Mariah... it was more about them and less about the contestants...at least, that's the way it was early on...

Yeah, the 3 new judges don't do ANYTHING for me at all.

Plus I simply cannot wrap my brain around Nicki Minaj critiquing ANYBODY'S singing.

Is she entertaining at times? Absolutely. Is she even a decent singer? Hell no!

• Like 1

Yeah, the 3 new judges don't do ANYTHING for me at all.

Plus I simply cannot wrap my brain around Nicki Minaj critiquing ANYBODY'S singing.

Is she entertaining at times? Absolutely. Is she even a decent singer? Hell no!

Minaj :puke: I know very little about her, but what I do know is she's a disgusting spectacle.

And horray to AI for their blatant bandwagoning. You know Rush would not have been used if they weren't entering RRHOF in a couple weeks.

Wow, that is SO cool! I thought at first they were going to do some lame cover of the song, but no, they used the real Rush song, INCLUDING vocals! And it was very appropriately placed for the context they used it - nice usage of the beginning and ending of the song.

I guess all it took was the RRHOF nominating committee to bend to pressure, they get in, and suddenly everyone is RUSHing to kiss Rush's ass now that it's acceptable to love them. Whowouldathunkit?

• Like 2

Ha - my Mom, who is an avid American Idol fan, and an avid non-Rush fan (lol) just called me all excited and played this over the phone :)

I'm always happy to see Rush getting any kind of exposure. This was nicely used and very appropriate - who cares if it's as a result of their induction? I mean, isn't that kind of the point?

I guess it would be kind of lame if they were a mere nostalgia act - but the fact that this is all happening while they are touring fantastic, modern progressive rock album just sweetens the whole deal, for me.

I envy any young fan who is just discovering them. Block out some time, kids !!

Edited by eshine
  • Like 1

Don't worry everyone.... I'm listening to Hemispheres right now and God willing the American Idol crowd will catch wind of this and realize that Rush DOES NOT belong providing bumper music for their show! We'll be back to being maligned geeks in no time!!!

Thank God!

Wow, that is SO cool! I thought at first they were going to do some lame cover of the song, but no, they used the real Rush song, INCLUDING vocals! And it was very appropriately placed for the context they used it - nice usage of the beginning and ending of the song.

I guess all it took was the RRHOF nominating committee to bend to pressure, they get in, and suddenly everyone is RUSHing to kiss Rush's ass now that it's acceptable to love them. Whowouldathunkit?

Whats cool is that Limelight was the only song used. It wasn't part of some major classic rock montage or anything....Just Rush! I thought this was pretty cool. I wouldn't be surprised if they appear on SNL soon!

:o

Edited by losingit2k

Whats cool is that Limelight was the only song used. It wasn't part of some major classic rock montage or anything....Just Rush! I thought this was pretty cool. I wouldn't be surprised if they appear on SNL soon!

:o

They even had a couple of Rush band images which also astounded me! I was like http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/TheEqualizer/Smileys/EyeBulgingSmiley_zps78539263.gif

Show obviously began well and didnt expect any contestants to actually sing any rush but, the 'rock' night had two billy joel songs in it..?

Dont get me wrong billy joel done some good stuff in his day but, do americans seriously put him in the rock category along with rush van halen queen guns n roses etc?