The Song Remains The Same

Anyone see this? Went to see a Led Zep tribute band last night... No Quarter in Milwaukee. They showed the movie and played the musical portions live.

They did a hell of a job with the music, but I thought the movie portion was garbage.

I remember i rented the movie at the public library when I was like 13. All kinda weird fantasy scene sprinkled in. I was really really into zeppelin at the time and despite that It was hard to sit through. Probably requires some herbal influence to get the whole experience

I'm not a fan of the movie because a good chunk of it isn't "live" -- so much of that movie was recreated in a studio after the fact because the original filming was fraught with technical problems.

Yep, not a lot of people know that. All in all it's ok, I still give it a whirl from time to time.

I'm not much of a fan of real "groovy" and far out, artsy fartsy stuff. I'm not crazy about the concert footage parts of that video either. They don't sound that great, in my opinion.. especially Plante. JPJ and Bonham sound fantastic, but Page and Plante.... not so much.

The best thing about the movie is that it inspired the famous scene in Spinal Tap where Nigel played the guitar with the violin. See at about 0:45.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBiJ-K0IpDA

• Like 1

Yeh taken out of context, the "fantasy sequences ARE stupid...except for JPJ involving his kids...and Bonzo for the hot rods n what not.

Refilmed? Huh ya learn something new every day

Hell when it came out my best bud and me would skip school run the 3 blocks down Amboy Ave in Woodbridge NJ and catch the afternoon dollar matinee til it played out. Zep were Demigods to us

• Like 1

The Song Remains the Same and The Wall were essential viewing in High School. It's a sloppy performance overall, but it captures that time period really well IMO.

I had no idea so many people disliked it. I think its classic stuff.

• Like 2

The Song Remains the Same and The Wall were essential viewing in High School. It's a sloppy performance overall, but it captures that time period really well IMO.

Can you explain to me why?

Maybe it's nostalgia , but I remember watching it many times in High School after consuming various party favors:) I think it's a lot of people's first concert film experience. Maybe you had to grow up with it to understand what I'm talking about. I get that it isn't a high quality film, and the fantasy scenes, looking at them now, are goofy, but when you're a 17 year old aspiring rocker, it was super cool. And I still enjoy it for that reason.

• Like 2

Maybe it's nostalgia , but I remember watching it many times in High School after consuming various party favors:) I think it's a lot of people's first concert film experience. Maybe you had to grow up with it to understand what I'm talking about. I get that it isn't a high quality film, and the fantasy scenes, looking at them now, are goofy, but when you're a 17 year old aspiring rocker, it was super cool. And I still enjoy it for that reason.

Ok, I guess I understand. I never was into drugs, and never got the attraction. I like my reality as it is, I guess I'm lucky that way.

Ditto. Sometimes with "confetti" lol If not for the movie and watching Bonzo riff on drums I never would've learned how to. Also, the movies were for some the only way to "see" your favorite bands. If you couldn't get to say Madison Square Garden...

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

The best thing about the movie is that it inspired the famous scene in Spinal Tap where Nigel played the guitar with the violin. See at about 0:45.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBiJ-K0IpDA

:rfl: Classic, labt! :cheers:

:rfl:

Oh, I never really cared for the movie. Great song though.