Which generation are you? X? Y? Z? or YYZ?

treeduck

Which generation are you?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which generation are you?

• Baby Boomer
    • Silent Generation
    • Generation X
    • Generation Y (aka milli vanillis)
    • Generation Z (generation@, net generation)

So someone born in 1964 is a boomer and someone born in 1965 is a Gen X? Hmmm...

Depends on who you ask....

How about you?

Born in '58. Baby Boomer. My Dad was in WW II when he was young. He was 40 when I was born. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/Me%20as%20infant-58%20with%20Panda%20toy%20cr%20sm.jpg

All very illuminating but...you said it depends who you ask, I'm asking you...what year did the baby boomer era end and Gen X begin?

I'd say when the Riots began, along with the Vietnam war protests and Psychedelia in '67...That's what I remember anyway.... :codger:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Psychedelic%20stuff/Flower%20Power%203%20cr.jpg

Generation X!

We may not be the Greatest, but we are the best!

I thought you were older?

Ni@@a please! You are older than me!

Older but prettier! :kisshug:

I can't argue with that. You are pretty.

Like a little bitch.

:-D

Generation X!

We may not be the Greatest, but we are the best!

I thought you were older?

Ni@@a please! You are older than me!

Older but prettier! :kisshug:

I can't argue with that. You are pretty.

Like a little bitch.

:-D

:nya nya: :madra: :smoke:

So some bozo named us GenX sometime ago... what does that mean?

Cutoff line has been a mix of both actual birthrate numbers and sociological factors... anywhere from 1960 to '64.

My personal belief is that if you graduated anywhere in the '80's, you've left The Wonder Years. We're just a bit different from '70's folk. (Though I admit occasional envy in a hard rock way.) Rush transferred VERY well to this crowd.

I'm a late '66 model, just like a very fine Ford Mustang.

• Like 2

So some bozo named us GenX sometime ago... what does that mean?

Cutoff line has been a mix of both actual birthrate numbers and sociological factors... anywhere from 1960 to '64.

My personal belief is that if you graduated anywhere in the '80's, you've left The Wonder Years. We're just a bit different from '70's folk. (Though I admit occasional envy in a hard rock way.) Rush transferred VERY well to this crowd.

I'm a late '66 model, just like a very fine Ford Mustang.

Well, such bozos like to group and put labels on things (people).

I'm a late '72 model myself but there are several memories that I'd share in common with many mid-late 1960s folks: the introduction of computers in schools & businesses, Asteroids hitting the arcades, Reagan being shot, the death of John Lennon, the original Star Wars in the cinema, the metamorphosis of Michael Jackson (creatively, physically, etc) from the late 70s to early 90s, etc.

A good friend of mine is 12 years younger than me and his dad is 12 years older than me. I once spent the day with them sightseeing, and eating & drinking everything in view. It was pretty interesting to notice that I could equally relate to both of them. However, there were many times when the two of them couldn't relate (to each other) when discussing things from their own generation.

• Like 1

Interesting POV... I remember the first school computers, TRS-80's. I wrecked some. The '80's were the beginning of the end for some, but the beginning of and era for others.
  • Like 1

I'm sayin YYZ partly because I was born it Toronto. Ya I know it makes no logical sense but it was in '70 ..

Sometimes I think the current generation should be called ZZZ lol

Edited by MMCXII

I think I'm an Gen X

Gen X-1 !

• Like 1

Gen Y.

There is no Gen Y.

Your sorry ass is a Millenial.

No its Gen X-1: book II