Five Sickest Scenes in the History of Film

Mr. Not

And that tells me, maybe this sort of content is a bit over the top for this board? Opinions?

This entire thread shouldn't even exist. The sick, pathetic films mentioned shouldn't even exist.

just FYI no one HAS to watch a scene from a movie called cannibal holocaust that is already in a thread for disturbing movie scenes

anyway, if you people want a disturbing movie that's actually pretty good, watch henry: portrait of a serial killer. loosely based off of the relationship between actual serial killers henry lee lucas and otis toole, it's packed full of disturbing gut-wrenching scenes, but it's also a very good movie that doesn't rely on cheap gross out factor

:cheers: Is it wrong that I find many of the scenes in Henry funny? The tv over the fat guys head "Otis, plug it in." Haha

What about the chainsaw scene from Scarface...pretty sick

Good call, that scene is psychologically traumatic imo.

Many scenes in the texas chainsaw massacre shocked me, one being where leatherface just slammed the steel door shut, after clubbing a guy.

TCM would most definitely qualify. A classic.

just FYI no one HAS to watch a scene from a movie called cannibal holocaust that is already in a thread for disturbing movie scenes

anyway, if you people want a disturbing movie that's actually pretty good, watch henry: portrait of a serial killer. loosely based off of the relationship between actual serial killers henry lee lucas and otis toole, it's packed full of disturbing gut-wrenching scenes, but it's also a very good movie that doesn't rely on cheap gross out factor

:cheers: Is it wrong that I find many of the scenes in Henry funny? The tv over the fat guys head "Otis, plug it in." Haha

they are kind of like farley/spade almost, some parts were humorous but I'd never tell anyone that haha

What about the chainsaw scene from Scarface...pretty sick

Good call, that scene is psychologically traumatic imo.

Many scenes in the texas chainsaw massacre shocked me, one being where leatherface just slammed the steel door shut, after clubbing a guy.

TCM would most definitely qualify. A classic.

I forgot about TCM, to be frank. The last 20 minutes of that film rock. It doesn't f**k around. Love the acting of Jim Siedow and Edwin Neal.

Edited by Mr. IsNot
  • Like 1

Hmm... I may have to check that one out.

And yes A Clockwork Orange is a classic

Clock Orange was removed from theaters by request of the director Stanley Kubrick after recieving so much backlash, copycat crimes...really bothered him until the day he died

Clock Orange was removed from theaters by request of the director Stanley Kubrick after recieving so much backlash, copycat crimes...really bothered him until the day he died

I didn't know about copy cat crimes. That really sucks :/

The most disturbing thing I saw in a movie was in Andy Warhol's Bad (1977). There's a notorious scene where a baby is intentionally thrown out the window of a high-rise building by its terrible mother. We see it fall dozens of stories, strike the pavement, splash blood upward into the face of a pedestrian, and then we see it dead on the ground as a dog licks its blood.

Despite the notoriety of this scene, I knew nothing about it when I rented the film. It was shocking and disturbing. But, now prepared, I had to rewind and watch it again. I just couldn't believe it.

I won't post a link, but the scene is on YouTube. Search for "Andy Warhol's Bad" and it'll be the second clip. (The first is the entire film.) You've been warned...

Edited by GeddyRulz

That's the danger of glorifying violence.

That's right! Every time I watch a violent film I go out and mug a few grandmas! :eyeroll:

• Like 1

That's right! Every time I watch a violent film I go out and mug a few grandmas! :eyeroll:

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. :eyeroll:

Obviously only those who are mentally unhinged will be effected, and of those only a tiny fraction would act on such stimulus, but a culture of violent video games, television and movies can certainly have a cumulative effect on some people. Television and movies that glorify violence and do it in a way that makes it seem stylish or cool can definitely desensitize such people towards violence and make it seem more of a natural extension from the realm of something they see to something they do.

I'm not saying I have the solution, as I love movies like The Matrix that makes violence look cool. The difference there is they're fighting against an enemy in a somewhat noble and understandable way, as opposed to movies that revel in cruelty as artistic expression for its own sake.

Obviously only those who are mentally unhinged will be effected, and of those only a tiny fraction would act on such stimulus, but a culture of violent video games, television and movies can certainly have a cumulative effect on some people. Television and movies that glorify violence and do it in a way that makes it seem stylish or cool can definitely desensitize such people towards violence and make it seem more of a natural extension from the realm of something they see to something they do.

I'm not saying I have the solution, as I love movies like The Matrix that makes violence look cool. The difference there is they're fighting against an enemy in a somewhat noble and understandable way, as opposed to movies that revel in cruelty as artistic expression for its own sake.

Two points: First about the Matrix; when I watched that and the story built up the legend of "the one" and the power he would wield over the physical world just by controlling his thoughts, I was very disappointed when the ultimate expression of this power turned out to be nothing more than a kung fu dust up...

The second point: It's "affected" not "effected" in that context Gazza http://www.thesilverball.com/Smileys/m4pawsSmileyPack/police.gif

Two points: First about the Matrix; when I watched that and the story built up the legend of "the one" and the power he would wield over the physical world just by controlling his thoughts, I was very disappointed when the ultimate expression of this power turned out to be nothing more than a kung fu dust up...

The second point: It's "affected" not "effected" in that context Gazza http://www.thesilverball.com/Smileys/m4pawsSmileyPack/police.gif

As usual with your responses to my posts - SO valuable. :sarcastic:

Edited by rushgoober