LED ZEPPELIN'S GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME! "HOUSES OF THE POLL-Y"

RUSHHEAD666

THE GREATEST LED ZEPPELIN ALBUM EVER!  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your All Time Greatest Studio Album Recorded By The Mighty Led Zeppelin?

• "Led Zeppelin"
    • "Led Zeppelin II"
    • "Led Zeppelin III"
    • "Led Zeppelin IV" ZOSO
    • "Houses Of The Holy"
    • "Physical Graffiti"
    • "Presence"
    • In Through The Outdoor"
    • "Coda"
    • Forget These Studio Albums! It's All About "The Song Remains The Same" For Me!
    • "Celebration Day" Rules! Zeppelin Was Better With Jason Bonham On Drums!
    • Zeppelin Is Old And Outdated! Give Me Jason Bonham's Albums With UFO And BCC!!!!

wait, Jason played with UFO?? didn't know that.. maybe because I only listen to the Schenker stuff.. I gotta check that out.

a friend of mine partied with Jason once. he's a pretty nice friendly guy apparently. I heard John was a pretty devoted dad too.. r.i.p.

oh and I gotta say, I hate it when people say "zoso"! it's not a word, just a symbol that resembles a word.. I know you already know that but it's my pet peeve! lol

Sort of like a pet peeve of mine! It's NEIL PEART! NOT NEIL "PURT!"

I've written about UFO a ton on here! No doubt about the Schenker stuff being the best!

What is your take on the Paul Chapman UFO Era? I think it's excellent!

I'm not to big on the Atomic Tommy UFO!

I think the Vinnie Moore stuff is above average. The Jason Bonham albums with UFO are very good.

Check them out!

Paul who? lol sorry but for me UFO doesn't really exist without Schenker. don't get me wrong I LOVE Mogg and Way too, it wouldn't be UFO without them either but Schenker has to be there! I'm definitely going to check out the Bonham stuff though out of curiosity.

and ya Page/Zeppelin were always sloppy live but I had no idea it was from bein wasted! it never stopped me from buying the studio stuff though! but I'll go on record as saying Schenker is better than Page by MILES in my book because he didn't really have to write anything from what I understand, he just played and it was a little different every time but always amazing! plus he had that tone that cut right through the mix and always sounded so good!

For me, it is either Led Zeppelin IV or Physical Graffiti, but I choose Physical Graffiti because of Kashmir and that makes it edge out IV.

The greatest is probably IV, but my personal favourite is Led Zep II...

They're all great though really. The only one out of the 8 proper Zep studio albums I don't like is In Through the Out Door. I never liked that and even though I keep coming back to it and trying it again, I never like it.

I'm still the same on this... :hail:

A tough one .

Love them all . Maybe not love In Through The Outdoor

But it`s gota be Physical Graffitti :cool:

Havent really listened to Zeppelin in years but they were my favorite band at one time. My favorite albums are the first one, and physical graffiti. Presence and Coda are under-rated imo.

BBC sessions and the boxed set are worth mentioning too, some cool bonus tracks on there!

My biggest complaint about Zep is their live show. Zeppelin live is definitely not Rush live if you know what I mean!

I have a good buddy of mine who saw Zeppelin many times live and he said that they always played like shite! Page was always too wasted and he could never play a clean guitar solo.

THAT SUCKS!

I've seen Zep 14 times over my concert career and it is true, their playing was off in the later years. During their early years.. amazing.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/IMG_0145.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/IMG_0139.jpg

• Like 1

Physical graffiti is the answer. If you don't agree it's probably because you need to put headphones on and listen to it right now. Not only zep's best but in my top 10 albums ever.
  • Like 1

Physical graffiti is the answer. If you don't agree it's probably because you need to put headphones on and listen to it right now. Not only zep's best but in my top 10 albums ever.

Oh my...Jesus. :facepalm: Wait...wrong emoticon. Oh my Jesus! :haz:

They're all great though really. The only one out of the 8 proper Zep studio albums I don't like is In Through the Out Door. I never liked that and even though I keep coming back to it and trying it again, I never like it.

Ease up there on ITTOD, side two actually isn't all that bad. Go and reassess again and again until you agree :gumby:

I've seen Zep 14 times over my concert career and it is true, their playing was off in the later years. During their early years.. amazing.

From what I've seen on video this is true. Their early career performances on the commercially released DVD are really smokin' and the boots I have from '75 are awfully good too. Unfortunately by the one time I was fortunate enough to see them live their performances (well Pagey's anyway) had become quite uneven. I saw them at the Kingdome in Seattle in 1977 a show which is widely available as a boot. That show itself was very uneven with Jimmy being quite sloppy through the first half but getting much better in the 2nd half.

Ease up there on ITTOD, side two actually isn't all that bad. Go and reassess again and again until you agree :gumby:

No I've had enough of that album, it's weak and sounds bad.

each of the first six could be my favorite depending on my mood

I've never had a mood where presence, ITTOD or coda was my favorite though. they've all got some really good songs but some shitters too

Agree !!! How can you not like this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZMaM11hxDY

I love Zep IV but it is overplayed.

Would you compare Moving Pictures to Zep IV in a corporate sellout sort of way or not?

There are a lot of songs on IV that are not overplayed... Four Sticks, When the Levee Breaks, Battle of Evermore. Some of their best songs IMO.

• Like 1

Would you compare Moving Pictures to Zep IV in a corporate sellout sort of way or not?

There are a lot of songs on IV that are not overplayed... Four Sticks, When the Levee Breaks, Battle of Evermore. Some of their best songs IMO.

Four Sticks <3 <3 <3

Battle of Evermore as well :)

Four Sticks <3 <3 <3

Battle of Evermore as well :)

The Battle of Evermore - best Zeppelin song hands down. :yes: :notworthy:

• Like 1

Agree !!! How can you not like this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZMaM11hxDY

That song always seems like it's going in two different directions.

While ITTOD is far from being my favourite, I think it's cool in a kitsch kind of way. In The Evening is a great song, the 02 ballads on "side 02" are solid. Carousselambra is probably their weardest song ever. Fool in the Rain has a cool beat and a great solo at the end. But who knows what would happen with the band after that record - maybe it would be the beginning of the end anyway, and Bonzo's death was the last straw...

But who knows what would happen with the band after that record - maybe it would be the beginning of the end anyway, and Bonzo's death was the last straw...

It's on record that Pagey and Bonzo were in serious talks to return to a much heavier direction, I think getting back to their blues/rock roots...it seems the most logical direction after this as well.