Should Rush keep "The Pass" permanently in the setlist?

Disk98

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rush keep "The Pass" permanently in the setlist?

• Yes! It deserves to stay!
    • They should keep it in, but they should still alternate it.
    • No, I'm over it—take it out!

What do you think?

I was shocked when they played "The Pass" in Newark. Definitely wasn't expecting that! But I am disappointed that it was only alternated during Leg 1 of the tour. Do you think they should keep "The Pass" in the setlist without alternating it?

As mush as I love "The Pass", I feel that some songs shouldn't stay in the setlist FOREVER, you know!

Agreed, Besides there are many unplayed RUSH I would rather see brought to the Limelight.

Cut to the Chase, Alien Shore, Open Secret, Different Strings, Vapor Trial, Sweet Miracle and of course Losing It!

:boohoo:

• Like 2

As mush as I love "The Pass", I feel that some songs shouldn't stay in the setlist FOREVER, you know!

Agreed, Besides there are many unplayed RUSH I would rather see brought to the Limelight.

Cut to the Chase, Alien Shore, Open Secret, Different Strings, Vapor Trial, Sweet Miracle and of course Losing It!

"Losing It" is a MUST at this point in time!

More like a MUST NOT!

What is UP with all you people wanting Rush to play a depressing song about not being able to perform anymore? So ridiculous!

More like a MUST NOT!

What is UP with all you people wanting Rush to play a depressing song about not being able to perform anymore? So ridiculous!

Yeah,..I think that would kind of kill the vibe of the whole show. Not feelin' it.

"The Pass" was one of the highlights for me and my fiancée at the show we attended in San Antonio. We were sitting in a section with few diehards, and mostly casual fans. But even they seemed pretty excited about "The Pass."

On that note, I learned a lesson at the show: It's worth it to pay a little more to be on the floor with the diehards who are genuinely excited about the entire show, and not just the hits.

• Like 2

Yes. I love The Pass. When I saw it live I could have cried - that song helped me through a very dark part of my life, and getting to see it live was one of the best moments of my life. Edited by thirteen

I would keep it as a semi-regular. I love the song but it's best if they have it pop up every few tours, not that they have many tours left in them at this point. Still, if it becomes a regular people will bitch that it's getting played too much and we already have enough of that on here.

On that note, I learned a lesson at the show: It's worth it to pay a little more to be on the floor with the diehards who are genuinely excited about the entire show, and not just the hits.

Even just being in the lower bowl would be more exciting. If you combine not being near any other diehards with the lack of being able to properly see the stage makes for a less than stellar concert experience.

Every night instead of alternating it out on the 2013 leg would be awesome. Great song and I was fortunate enough to see it in Seattle on 11/13. :) Unfortunately that also meant I didn't get to see Manhattan Project. :( Edited by driventotheedge

It's the best "slow" song they've ever done..... I hope it is there in the next Denver show because it is my wife's favorite Rush song and she has not seen it live (I haven't either). Edited by analog guy

Needs to stay. Bravado is way to overated for me anyway. I can honestly say I completely forgot they could play that song when plotting out my ideal rush list which did include half of power windows and the analog kid among others. It was truly an emotional song that night in winnipeg. Rush was surprisingly active (including an amazingly fast improv dreamline solo) for a city they don't visit often.

Even just being in the lower bowl would be more exciting. If you combine not being near any other diehards with the lack of being able to properly see the stage makes for a less than stellar concert experience.

These days, if I'm not in the first few rows, I'd just as soon be back on the lawn where I have room to dance around like the idiot RUSH fanatic I am. Front row is a great experience, but the cost these days...

More like a MUST NOT!

Yeah, because a song about suicide is so much more uplifting!