Black Friday

Lost In Xanadu

Nope. Most of what we bought is almost paid off in layaway...then the rest is online orders and gift cards. I gave up Black Friday shopping long ago. We are going to look at paint swatches tomorrow for our pending home purchase. :)

Anyone going out shopping? The more I hear the commercials, the less Iam interested in going out. Never done it, and now it's getting sickening.

Everyone going out, good luck and be safe!

I have been sickened by this event for years now.

In my mind's eye I see the throngs of work-skipping, pajama-wearing, Starbucks-swilling so and so's all lined up at some store's door at 2 in the morning just waiting for the opportunity to crush the living shit out of each other in the name of an extra 15% off.*

*Sorry for the run on sentence, but you get the idea.

Edited by Del_Duio

Every year I see videos and read articles about the crazy things Americans do on black Friday for deals that aren't that special. I am both saddened and entertained at the same time. Who said gladiators died with Rome?

I'm in London, Ontario and slept until 11:00 a.m. today. I haven't done that in years. They actually do have a few Black Friday specials here, but it is a pale comparrison to the American version and no one is likely to get trampled or beaten. I may come here every year from now on.

My parents went to the states for Black Friday and my mother said that a man and a woman got into a fight over a pillow that was on sale for $4.97 and the woman bit the man's finger. Edited by snowdogged

Hi Friends!

I went to Guitar Center on Black Friday to check out their selection, and purchased a couple of instruments. I came home with a small, beginner-size Yamaha keyboard and a Starcaster Strat-pack.

To the experienced musicians who read this, I think these two will work just fine in my plan.

I have three young nephews of 9, 7 and gonna-be 4 on this Thursday and we're gonna put a band together...Nick & the Nephews.

I already have drums and a bass; and most important is the bonding of the love of my nephews who love to come over, and play Uncle Nick-Nick's drums.

I fulfilled a commitment from 2011 when it wasn't in my budget.

Thanks for your time...take care.