Looks like there's another setlist revision

USB Connector

How do you feel about the latest revision to the setlist?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the latest revision to the setlist?

• It's about time they brought back Spirit of Radio!
    • I would have preferred keeping Working Man in the Set
    • I don't particularly prefer one song over the other

If you've been following RIAB the last few shows have pretty well consistently swapped out Working Man for Spirit of Radio. I don't mind either way, as both are excellent songs. What are your thoughts?

For reference, the version 2 setlist: http://www.rushisaband.com/images/201209/2469.f.jpg

Edited by USB Connector

I would take TSOR over WM any day of the week! However, Working Man is a great song Live. I think they should just leave both sets as listed and add TSOR to the begining of the Encore. That would really rock!

End of Set 2:

Red Sector A

YYZ

Working Man

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

2112 O/T/F

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

TSOR! Though knowing my luck, I'll get a Working Man night. In the grand scheme of a night of live Rush, though, I think I can handle that teeny bit of disappointment if it happens.

I am thrilled they dropped Working Man and added TSOR.

TSOR defines Rush as much as Working Man does.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Oct 1 2012, 11:16 AM)
I would take TSOR over WM any day of the week! However, Working Man is a great song Live. I think they should just leave both sets as listed and add TSOR to the begining of the Encore. That would really rock!

End of Set 2:

Red Sector A
YYZ
Working Man

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
2112 O/T/F

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

well, that would be ideal yes.gif

I've already seen TSOR this tour. I've seen WM at every Rush show I've seen (I think). I could hear or not hear either and I'd be fine - and that's how I answered.

The one song I hope, I pray, I kindly ask the higher office, the powers that be, the movers and the shakers to please, please, please, please, oh please, please play:

Seven Cities of Gold. wub.gif

cheer.gif S-C-O-G, please don't deny me cheer.gif

I want to see as much CA as possible. Drop whatever needs to be dropped to make that happen, oh please, oh please, oh please. smile.gif biggrin.gif

heart.gif Seven Cities of Gold heart.gif

Please? What are we talking? unsure.gif

moose.gif ?

whipgirl.gif ?

unsure.gif

Is it just me or was Seven Cities of Gold initially on Setlist B with Wish Them Well on Setlist A? It's my favourite Clockwork Angels song and they didn't play it last night. Wish Them Well kicked ass but just wasn't the same.

I love both songs, but I feel like TSoR fits better with the set, seeing as how it's 80's heavy (Even though all of Permanent Waves was written and recorded in 78-79) Working Man seems to stick out a bit. I'd be happy either way though.

I can't wait to see them! November 19th can't get here fast enough!

I enjoyed WM when I saw them in Detroit, but the crowd's reaction when TSOR comes on is just so much better, and there's always a ton of crowd interaction as well. I'm sure the boys have picked up on this and that's probably why they decided to switch them out permanently.

That being said, I definitely prefer TSOR

I think TSOR works excellently as an opener, but it also works amazingly well as a closer... It just builds up all of that energy for the incredible encore(even though Xanadu would have been awesome in the encore). I think 4th Quarter(Manhattan Project/Dreamline - 2112) of the show is probably the strongest by far, although The CA quarter of the set seems to almost want to top it, but I think it gets dragged out a bit....