How many shows are you attending?

robertrobyn

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Sep 30 2012, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (HalfwayToGone @ Sep 30 2012, 11:11 AM)
I'm just seeing one.  There was a time when I'd see two nights in a row or even three in a tour if they played that many shows in the Meadowlands and/or MSG.  Time Machine I went to one show for each leg, because the prices are just getting too high for hitting lots of shows, especially when you start adding other bands into the concert attending schedule.

yes.gif

goodpost.gif

Now that I am taking on a wife and her daughter, other concerts will be on the horizon. I took her to Iron Maiden and Rush, now it is my turn to enjoy the bands she likes.

2.gif

Maiden must have been a good time. This summer/fall has been very busy for me: Meshuggah, Roger Waters, KISS, Down, Rush. I also just got tix for Clutch at the end of the year.

I only tend to do one show per leg...

So, only one so far In Charlotte. But, if they come to the Carolinas again in 2013 I will most likely go....

I like the idea of being able to say that I've seen Rush 4 years in a row (2010 Atlanta, 2011 Greenville, 2012 Charlotte and 2013?).

Two this leg: Toronto (squeee!) and Seattle. If they play Vancouver and the Gorge on the second leg, I'll attend those, too.

Right there with drgrendel's original post. After seeing them twice on the Time Machine Tour and not being enthralled with the current setlist or the Los Angeles area venue they are at(IMHO, the Gibson Ampitheatre sound system was just not very good for TMT), my heart is saying go but the mind is saying no. Of course, to quote Mark Twain, we never regret what we do but always regret what we didn't do.

It was going to be just one this leg until I found out I was getting a B set instead of an A.

So now I've got an A set to go with my B.

Fortunately, the shirts this year don't thrill me so I was able to swing it.