Song Titles in Thread Titles

Lost In Xanadu

Do you like them?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like them?

• Yes
    • No

Come on, seriously? Tons of people are trying to avoid setlist spoilers and you won't believe how many song titles are showing up on the main page due to insensitive people creating threads with song titles.

Yeah man, I just thought the same thing when I saw the "Working Man" thread title on the main trf page!

I'm sure a lot people don't want to know that kind of stuff until they hear it at their concert.

No.

But...

The mods warn people not to do it, but the tour just started and the excitement is high. If you don't want spoilers about the tour then do not come into this thread. There are folks that won't log in at all until they see their first show. That is about the only way to avoid it.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Sep 14 2012, 11:00 AM)
Yeah man, I just thought the same thing when I saw the "Working Man" thread title on the main trf page!

I'm sure a lot people don't want to know that kind of stuff until they hear it at their concert.

I'm seeing them tomorrow, and am not too worried about little things leaking here or there (if I was, I wouldn't be in this subforum at all.) For those that do not want any info on setlists, but still want to post on other topics, song titles in threads can be seen from the main page.

This is a reason the admins took the time to create this thread:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=54952

But the most important thing is thread titles. Even if someone chooses to stay out of this forum, topic titles can be seen from the main page, so having "They played (whatever song)!" as a title is a bad idea. No song titles in topic titles! And that goes for other show details like video clips, what household appliances Geddy is using, etc. No show details in topic titles.

I don't believe people are being insensitive on purpose at all. They just get carried away talking about the tour and the thought of them spoiling something probably doesn't even cross their mind while typing.

Of course it works both ways. If you want to avoid spoliers you probably should stay away from a bands message board while that tour is happening wink.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 14 2012, 12:11 PM)
I don't believe people are being insensitive on purpose at all. They just get carried away talking about the tour and the thought of them spoiling something probably doesn't even cross their mind while typing.

Of course it works both ways. If you want to avoid spoliers you probably should stay away from a bands message board while that tour is happening wink.gif

+1

This forum is like any other aspect of life.....full of warnings that are disregarded for one reason or another (accident or by design).

As I have said over and over...it appears that expectations are a bit high for a free public forum.

Poking a hand into a snake den increases the chances of being bit.

2.gif

Edited by drgrendel

Personally I don't mind because I will always want to know the set, but have some courtesy for those who don't. Song titles should not go in the thread title as they can and will be seen from the home page.

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Sep 14 2012, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 14 2012, 12:11 PM)

+1

This forum is like any other aspect of life.....full of warnings that are disregarded for one reason or another (accident or by design).

As I have said over and over...it appears that expectations are a bit high for a free public forum.

Poking a hand into a snake den increases the chances of being bit.

2.gif

Sorry, doesn't hold water.

This site has tons of other stuff to talk about, and all tour talk is contained in a single subforum. The newest topic can be seen from the main page, and the mods/admins have made this same request. They have also renamed countless thread titles because of this.

Like I said, I don't really care personally, but I know many that will.

Obviously seeing it's a public forum, there can be no regard for others, or the admin's time. I'm sure they have nothing better to do than change a bunch of thread titles. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 14 2012, 10:57 AM)
Come on, seriously? Tons of people are trying to avoid setlist spoilers and you won't believe how many song titles are showing up on the main page due to insensitive people creating threads with song titles.

You're so right! Those guys are F*cking douch bags. What a bunch of idiots. I can't believe they would do such a thing. So irresponsible, so unrespective of others peoples wishes. With all the things going on in the world in the Middle East now, this is truly the most important. Heaven forbid someone will find out that Working Man, Tom Sawyer, 2112 or The Spirit of Radio are in the setlist. Imagine what would happen if they found out they weren't in the setlist. OMG that would be just blasphamous. We should just track these retards down and shoot them like infidels they are.

admin.gif

Death to 2.gif Fans!

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 14 2012, 01:04 PM)

You're so right! Those guys are F*cking douch bags. What a bunch of idiots. I can't believe they would do such a thing. So irresponsible, so unrespective of others peoples wishes. With all the things going on in the world in the Middle East now, this is truly the most important. Heaven forbid someone will find out that Working Man, Tom Sawyer, 2112 or The Spirit of Radio are in the setlist. Imagine what would happen if they found out they weren't in the setlist. OMG that would be just blasphamous. We should just track these retards down and shoot them like infidels they are.

admin.gif

Death to 2.gif Fans!

ph34r.gif

Wow, dramatic much?

Just another simple example of people being completely oblivious to the fact there are others in the world around them. It is becoming the norm, doesn't make it right though.

If you have an issue with the requests the admins made for this subforum, take it up with them.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

admin.gif

Death to 2.gif Fans!

ph34r.gif

***Spoiler***

Spoilers are Spoilers and that is a rule in here. Rush are not playing a lot of their staple songs this tour. So, it's okay to start a thread saying that Freewill is not being played or La Villa La Villa Strangiato is not being played within the title? Why is consideration such a problem with some people?

Also, your "retard" comment is one of the lowest class things that I have ever read in this forum.

Edited by snowdogged

admin.gif

Death to 2.gif Fans!

ph34r.gif

Non-spoiler version

Spoilers are Spoilers and that is a rule in here. People who don't want to know what songs are being played don't want to know any of them. It is not for you to decide what is right for them. Why do some people have such problems having consideration for others?

Also, your "retard" comment is one of the lowest class things that I have ever read in this forum.

QUOTE (av450 @ Sep 14 2012, 10:02 PM)
If they don't want to know about the tour, they should stay out of the tour section

Yup...because everyone knows that a spoiler will appear. It's just the way that it goes. If only everyone followed all rules at all times. Wouldn't that be fun kids?

2.gif

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Sep 14 2012, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (av450 @ Sep 14 2012, 10:02 PM)
If they don't want to know about the tour, they should stay out of the tour section

Yup...because everyone knows that a spoiler will appear. It's just the way that it goes. If only everyone followed all rules at all times. Wouldn't that be fun kids?

2.gif

Dude you at SO basass! Way to throw down against the man on a Rush forum.

Sorry, my bad.

Mods can change my thread if they want.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 14 2012, 09:43 PM)
I forgot how the latest thread shows up on main page. Good reason to avoid song names in thread titles.... but.... what if you want to discuss one specific song? How to title that??

Make a clever title.

"Man it just gets on tits that..."

I would click on that one, but then I click on all new titles so quit asking me.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 14 2012, 10:43 PM)
I forgot how the latest thread shows up on main page.  Good reason to avoid song names in thread titles.... 

To you guys who keep saying, "If you don't want spoilers stay out of the tour section," read that quote again. It's the main point I make when telling people why songs in thread titles isn't a good idea, but some of you don't get it.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 14 2012, 10:43 PM)
but.... what if you want to discuss one specific song?  How to title that??

You have to be ambiguous. People who are into talking about spoilers or have seen a show already will click on a thread like that, and if they have something to say about the song mentioned within, they will.