Seems this tour should have been called

vital signz

The Clockwork Angels-Power Windows Tour

I mean, c'mon The first set has 4 of 10 from Power Windows, and another PW song added within the second set

Seems to me with 19 studio albums to choose from that this wasn't thought out very well.

The only thing I can figure is that they wanted a break from their staples for this tour since they plan on pulling them out in two years for R40.

Still with the orchestra there, they surely missed golden opportunities to perform some songs that we most assuredly will never hear live.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Sep 11 2012, 07:32 AM)
Power Windows was my Favorinte 2 hour Rush Tour, So I'm happy with the set list.

It's a fantastic setlist.

I don't believe it's Geddy is taming himself, I just think they wanted to play some good f***ing songs, and they did exactly that!

QUOTE (wiped @ Sep 11 2012, 07:42 AM)
QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 11 2012, 06:37 AM)

Clockwork Windows ?

Power Angels ?*

* actually - no , thats sound like a cartoon on Nickelodeon

rofl3.gif

I like the the combination of the two albums. They work well together for me.

Personally, I'm wondering where all this Power Windows love is coming from all of a sudden from the guys in Rush...

If I remember correctly, they seemed to speak highly of this record in Contents Under Pressure...but still...it seems an odd choice for them to revisit in this capacity. Not exactly a fan favorite either---it was one of those controversial records. When I became a Rush fan in the early 90's, it still wasn't cool to like Power Windows...but, I understand that that has changed a little over time.

No complaints from me though... I'm an absolute synth era Rush fanatic, and P/G and Power Windows are my favorite two Rush records.

I mean, c'mon The first set has 4 of 10 from Power Windows, and another PW song added within the second set

Seems to me with 19 studio albums to choose from that this wasn't thought out very well.

The only thing I can figure is that they wanted a break from their staples for this tour since they plan on pulling them out in two years for R40.

Still with the orchestra there, they surely missed golden opportunities to perform some songs that we most assuredly will never hear live.

Every PoW songs was EXCELLENT. You're gonna love it buddy. I don't have a problem with it at all because it's still great music. Geddy's voice needs to sing this kind of stuff at his age.

Listen to Power Windows front to back for the first time in awhile.

After doing so.... I think I'm okay with it. I forgot how much I liked Middletown Dreams.

Territories is kind of a bore, but I've never been to a Rush concert that didn't have one "meh" tune.

I'm not entirely against the 80s set at all.... I actually do like those records a lot, but I do wish there was a little more of a spread. I'd have liked to have seen perhaps one or two more from Signals, HYF and Presto, the last of which I think is a neglected album.

Edited by analog guy

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 11 2012, 10:37 AM)

Every PoW songs was EXCELLENT. You're gonna love it buddy. I don't have a problem with it at all because it's still great music. Geddy's voice needs to sing this kind of stuff at his age.

The comments and reviews are excellent.

I can't wait!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I can't speak for Alex Lifeson or Neil Peart, but I have read more than once interviews with Geddy where he says Power Windows is among his favorite Rush albums.

I have a feeling Geddy called most of the shots on the setlist because of the toll the tour takes on him. I can't imagine Lifeson being too excited about playing a lot of this stuff

QUOTE (wiped @ Sep 11 2012, 07:42 AM)

Clockwork Windows ?

Power Angels ?*

* actually - no , thats sound like a cartoon on Nickelodeon

Clockwork Power, anyone?

Well said and I pretty much agree completely!

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 11 2012, 06:16 PM)
I can't speak for Alex Lifeson or Neil Peart, but I have read more than once interviews with Geddy where he says Power Windows is among his favorite Rush albums.

I have a feeling Geddy called most of the shots on the setlist because of the toll the tour takes on him. I can't imagine Lifeson being too excited about playing a lot of this stuff

I dunno, Alex looks pretty excited when playing the synth songs. All are rocking and have plenty to keep him busy and challenged, at least I would think so. Even though the guys are playing the synth songs, they have more balls to them, mostly because of Alex amping up and with Geddy also singing in his modern voice.