09 - Best Song From Signals

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1272 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Subdivisions
    • The Analog Kid
    • Chemistry
    • Digital Man
    • The Weapon
    • New World Man
    • Losing It
    • Countdown

1022.gif "The Analog Kid" 1022.gif

another close favorite would be "Digital Man"...although "The Weapon" is absolutly bad ass too. "Loosing It" is kinda depressing to me...makes me sad sad.gif ....but the guitar near the end is awsome so it's kinda worth it laugh.gif and as for "Subdivisions"...that has to be an understood favorite...its too awsome not to be smile.gif

I finally got this...and it's awesome! I mean, I had already heard Subdivisions, The Analog Kid, and New World Man from Gold, but as a complete album it's much better. Right now, The Weapon is my favorite, bar none. The opening hi-hats are soooooooo tight! It blows my mind! I could listen to these songs over and over again. My favorite is constantly changing, so I really can't vote. Ever. Here's my ranking right now, though:

1. The Weapon

2. Subdivisions

3. New World Man

4. Losing It

5. Digital Man

6. The Analog Kid

7. Chemistry

8. Countdown

...subject to change!

I went with "Digital Man." I'm not sure what it is about that song, but from the opening drum fill I am just sucked into that song. I could listen to it over and over. (Apparently it's the song that drove a wedge between the band and Terry Brown, which is too bad, I guess, although the time was probably right for the band to go in a new direction.)

This is one of my favorite Rush albums; I like every song on it. "Subdivisions" is overplayed, in my opinion.

This is probably the toughest album in which to choose a best song.

I went with "Digital Man" - because of the lead.

Edited by Dissonata

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 24 2004, 01:24 AM)
By far my favorite album, this definatly was the soundtrack of my life when I first bought it. This is the most difficult to choose from (thankfully I already decided a while ago), but I went with The Analog Kid. The lyrics "When I leave I dont know what I'm hoping to find, and when I leave I dont know what I'm leaving behind" still are some of the most haunting I have heard. In a close second is Subdivisions, and Losing It, but there isnt a single song that doesnt still send chills down my spine when I hear them.

Don't forget the solo! One of Lerxsts best, bar none. AlexFinal.gif Analog Kid is probably my fav, next to Digital Man and Countdown(very underrated.)

Digital Man. Why you may ask?

Well, I had to pick one from a great album, and I lve this song..not that I don't love all the songs.

But who wouldn't want a date with fate in a black sedan.