09 - Best Song From Signals

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1272 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Subdivisions
    • The Analog Kid
    • Chemistry
    • Digital Man
    • The Weapon
    • New World Man
    • Losing It
    • Countdown

Subdivisions, by a hair.

The song was the anthem for me when I was 15 all the way up to when I was 25 or so.

As a 12 year old then, I was listening to the radio and heard Countdown and it captivated my science-loving boyish passions. I didnt align the context of the lyrics with the space shuttle, it was more of a flight crew in space communicating with a mothership. I was very much into UFO's and the conspiracies thereof and I thought this song was about that. I had always pictured an alien doing the synthesizer solo for that reason! When my cousin showed me the album and informed me it was about the space shuttle I was a bit disappointed. Nevertheless some years later as my interest in synths flowered, the solo in that song always came to mind.

This song made me feel as a boy what one day I would later feel experimenting with LSD. I hope in saying that it doesnt cheapen the inspirational euphoria that polarized my soul in so many ways I had yet to realize later in life.

Edited by RallyCat909

This is IMPOSSIBLE! I think Signals is one of their best albums in terms of all the songs being awesome. But of course, this applies for so many of their albums.

Anyway, I'd have to say Losing It, just because it's so unlike anything they've ever done.

Digital Man, with Subdivisions at a close second.