09 - Best Song From Signals

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1272 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Subdivisions
    • The Analog Kid
    • Chemistry
    • Digital Man
    • The Weapon
    • New World Man
    • Losing It
    • Countdown

I've had to go with Countdown for sheer nostalgia - I remember waiting for the Colombia launch while at school and the sense of excitement that filled the whole palce.

Signals, I've got to say, is my least favourite album. Nothing to do with the songs which, except for Chemistry, are fantastic but because the production is muddier than a cup of McDonalds coffee.

The video put this one over the top for me! Also, take a moment and remember those who were lost in February, 2003. angel.gif

Without a doubt, Subdivisions. It is what I would call my high school theme song. I was a geeky, nerdy freshman who definitely did not "fit in" when this came out so it has a lot of resonance for me. And I concur guys, the video was perfect. Edited by war2112

Voted for Chemistry.

I love Signals. At the moment I'm listening to it the 3rd time this day. I could pick Subdivisions, The Analog Kid, Chemistry, The Weapon or New World Man. But the other three songs are also excellent. In the 90th The Weapon was my favourite. Now it's perhaps Chemistry. Sometimes I'm dancing through my apartment when I hear this magic song. It's so exciting and beautyful, and it contains one of Alex's best guitar solos.

Little known fact, the guitar solo for Chemistry was not recorded in a sound studio. Alex turned up his amplifiers and pointed them out towards the mountains to gain a natural expansive and echoing sound to the guitar tone. It is a very well put together song, nice choice Barchetta and welcome bekloppt.gif

GeddyFinal.gif i like very much to losing it. is a very good music and good vibrations

moonmad.

Losing it

Thirty years ago, how the words would flow

With passion and precision

But now his mind is dark and dulled

By sickness and indecision

And he stares out the kitchen door

Where the sun will rise no more...

hey im new here. this is my first post on this forum. i saw this topic and figured i had to at least give my favorite from one of the albums. so i chose my favorite album signals.

All of the songs as a whole are what make this album great, but the way the album ends with Countdown is so powerful i couldnt help but vote for it.

QUOTE (thetrees @ Dec 16 2004, 12:41 AM)
hey im new here. this is my first post on this forum. i saw this topic and figured i had to at least give my favorite from one of the albums. so i chose my favorite album signals.

All of the songs as a whole are what make this album great, but the way the album ends with Countdown is so powerful i couldnt help but vote for it.

Yeah...good one

BTW ...welcome trink39.gif

I went for Analog Kid cool.gif

QUOTE (thetrees @ Dec 16 2004, 12:41 AM)

welcome Trees,

We obviously have a lot in common. laugh.gif

Okay, my favorite song is "The Analog Kid"

thanks for the warm welcome!! yeah, analog kid would probably be my next choice, and i also wanted to go with countdown because i think it needs more recognition. i dont think this song is talked about enough. blah.gif

This one hurt to vote on. I changed selections so many times it made my head spin. I wonder if I'll agree with my choice when I look back to it some time in the future. But for this moment, I went with (I typed this before I actually voted and I'm still changing my mind) DAMN!!!!

Ok - The Analog Kid. With HUGE apologies to Subdivisions, Digital Man, and The Weapon.

I've been a member here since October, '04 and I'm just doing this now cause I truly find it terribly difficult to choose one. Rush is not a "filler" band to me. They create so many amazing songs - it's criminal to ask us to choose one.

Damn you, RR. laugh.gif