Amazing new crop circle

treeduck

QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 26 2012, 02:44 PM)
Wow, that's amazing!

We need the ID of this wonderful nighttime artist! This

would look great in a wood block design to hang up in the

house!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 27 2012, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 27 2012, 07:55 PM)
The sheer lengths skeptics and scientifically based people will go to in order to explain what is simply unexplainable without considering something supernatural is astounding.  Of course to them I'm just being moronic because of their absolute refusal to consider even the vaguest possibility that could exist.  That kind of closed-mindedness is simply that, however, and doesn't constitute any kind of special relationship with truth or reality, merely a narrow viewpoint and worldview.

Fascinating..... ohmy.gif

Someone can't provide any evidence of the existence of the "supernatural"....whatever that is. He can't define it, explain it, or describe it. He can't show anyone what it is or where it is. He says that he cannot live without his belief in the supernatural....

....and yet, everyone else is "close-minded".

Everyone else "refuses to consider" it.

Everyone else has a "narrow worldview".

Everyone else is "unable to conceive of it".

It's always everyone else's error.

It's always everyone else who is in the wrong.

It's always everyone else who won't listen.

It's quite simple. Either provide real, factual proof that some "supernatural force" created these crop circles, or stop wasting your and everyone else's time.

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Yes. Please and thank you.

Nobody has yet to respond how the plants are changed at a cellular level in many crop circles and how soil samples are different inside the circle. There is no way to hoax that. Plus there is such a preciseness and scale to many of these that I find hoaxing hard to believe. Not saying it is other wordly visitors either but there is an eeriness to these.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2002...rd-science.html

QUOTE (presto123 @ Aug 27 2012, 09:51 PM)
Nobody has yet to respond how the plants are changed at a cellular level in many crop circles and how soil samples are different inside the circle. There is no way to hoax that. Plus there is such a preciseness and scale to many of these that I find hoaxing hard to believe. Not saying it is other wordly visitors either but there is an eeriness to these.

Don't you understand that to the skeptic and scientist this information is completely irrelevant? It will all be explained away by any method, as long as it discredits the possibility of something supernatural, and if that can't be done gracefully, the information itself will be discredited as false or debatable - problem solved and they no longer have to consider it.

There is absolutely no way to convince these people that they could be incorrect short of having them sitting in a field and watching something of supernatural origin creating it in front of their very eyes. Even then they'll probably think they were dreaming or hallucinating or that it was some cool illusion or trick. Breaking through the barrier of someone's limitations of what they believe is possible can be extremely difficult, if not next to impossible.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 12:09 AM)

Don't you understand that to the skeptic and scientist this information is completely irrelevant? It will all be explained away by any method, as long as it discredits the possibility of something supernatural, and if that can't be done gracefully, the information itself will be discredited as false or debatable - problem solved and they no longer have to consider it.

There is absolutely no way to convince these people that they could be incorrect short of having them sitting in a field and watching something of supernatural origin creating it in front of their very eyes. Even then they'll probably think they were dreaming or hallucinating or that it was some cool illusion or trick. Breaking through the barrier of someone's limitations of what they believe is possible can be extremely difficult, if not next to impossible.

I thought you said you were done with repeating this crap over and over so everyone else could move on and actually discuss things laugh.gif

Can you fill me in with the specifics of your experience with hallucinogenics? That probably has a lot to do with your clinging to the supernatural theory and acting as if everyone else is crazy...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 12:04 AM)
All we can go by is our own experience, and in my experience, people who are married to their five senses and only what is currently provable by currently available scientific methodology are missing out on enormous and beautiful parts of reality and existence. And I know that you can't get what I'm saying.

Have hippies always been so condescending? sad.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 28 2012, 12:36 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 12:09 AM)

I thought you said you were done with repeating this crap over and over so everyone else could move on and actually discuss things laugh.gif

Can you fill me in with the specifics of your experience with hallucinogenics? That probably has a lot to do with your clinging to the supernatural theory and acting as if everyone else is crazy...

Yeah, well, I guess I can't resist the futility of trying to open people's minds sometimes. And I haven't done any drugs in over 25 years.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 28 2012, 12:38 AM)
All we can go by is our own experience, and in my experience, people who are married to their five senses and only what is currently provable by currently available scientific methodology are missing out on enormous and beautiful parts of reality and existence.  And I know that you can't get what I'm saying.

I might be a bit frustrated by not being able to get my point across no matter how eloquently I state it to people who absolutely refuse to accept what I say, but I'm not trying to be condescending. I realize it can come across that way, and for that I apologize. I could sugarcoat it more, but I'm just saying things how I see them with the same (I hope) level of honesty everyone else is portraying.

Not sure what to make of it.

A U.S. biophysicist named W.C. Levengood has peer-reviewed his findings on crop circles. [He found] that the plants inside the real crop circles are changed at the cellular level. Their cell pit walls are fractured. That shows there is a change at the cellular level that causes the cells to split. You really cannot do it by jumping up and down on a plant. The plant decides to do it itself.

But this video I found has a lot of interesting information as well:

Will have to check out the references for " Secrets in the Fields: The Science and Mysticism of Crop Circles"

Edited by Mr. IsNot

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 02:04 AM)
The eternal cry of the skeptic and the scientist - PROVE IT! 

No, Goober, it's the unending request of the sane person.

I can't prove any crop circle is of supernatural origin any more than you can prove that every crop circle is man made.  Does that automatically exclude my version from the possibility of being true? 

Goober, you can't even define or describe what "supernatural" is or how it works. You're only embarassing yourself by continuing to claim it exists.

....people who are married to their five senses and only what is currently provable by currently available scientific methodology are missing out on enormous and beautiful parts of reality and existence. 

According to you.

And people who are married to their emotional, irrational, self-serving delusions are missing out on seeing the real world. They're too busy playing make-believe......convincing themselves that ogres, wizards, Martians and the Tooth Fairy really exist.....and that everyone else is wrong.

And I know that you can't get what I'm saying. 

Right on cue, goober. Spin it around and claim that the other person doesn't "get it". Never admit that it's you who doesn't get it. It's always everyone else who doesn't get it..... rofl3.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 28 2012, 07:40 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 02:40 AM)
And I haven't done any drugs in over 25 years.

Quitter rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

confused13.gif

Just a joke goobs...I'm glad yer offa drugs. smile.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 27 2012, 07:19 PM)
I give.  I've said what I can say.  Obviously people who are closed minded to certain things have already made up their minds.

I'll leave you all with some pretty pictures, apparently made by an enormous group of people involved in a massive conspiracy of designers, engineers and artists over a course of decades with a lot of time and a lot of money to pay huge staffs who create virtually perfect mathematical designs in fields in the dead of night without leaving any evidence that they were there. eyesre4.gif

I've seen TV shows on Discovery Channel that showed guys actually making crop circles. It was pretty cool to see how they did it. I don't have a lot of free time, but I be if you searched on youtube, you could probably find something showing people making crop circles.

But if you want to believe they are supernatural, that's cool. It's fun to think like that.

I'm just telling you what I have seen. trink39.gif

Edited by ILSnwdog

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 28 2012, 02:38 AM)
All we can go by is our own experience, and in my experience, people who are married to their five senses and only what is currently provable by currently available scientific methodology are missing out on enormous and beautiful parts of reality and existence.  And I know that you can't get what I'm saying.

Hello, pot...You're black!

Dude...you have penned some of the most condescending post I have ever read on this forum. z7shysterical.gif

In Cosmos, Carl Sagan said "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

We already have documented evidence of non-supernatural crop circle creation by hoaxers, enthusiasts, and even commercially created circles for advertising:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/Sthlm_gtb_top.jpg

Here's a pretty elaborate circle created by just five people (I think) in only four hours:

But there is no documented evidence for crop circle creation by UFOs, aliens, or other supernatural sources. So the burden really is on those who believe this extraordinary claim to come up with overwhelming evidence, like a video showing a UFO actually creating a crop circle. I'd love to see it!

And just for the record, I do believe there's life out there somewhere. But due to the huge distances involved, I think it's unlikely they've visited Earth. And if they did travel all that distance, why fiddle around in the dead of night creating mysterious crop circles, rather than just tapping into CNN? confused13.gif tongue.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 28 2012, 10:35 AM)

Quitter rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

confused13.gif

me too, brother! trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 28 2012, 10:35 AM)

Quitter rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

confused13.gif

me too, brother! trink39.gif

Man if only I had all that money and time back lost to hedenistic pursuits.

What I don't get?

Science Person: "Prove this supernatural thing!"

Believer "See - I proved it!"

Science Person "See it was science after all!"

So, my point is that for a science person there can NEVER be supernatural anything because once it's proven, it falls under their realm of "Science".

*YAWN*