New Peart Interview

presto123

Drum solos could be the bathroom break for many of us. While the Neil Peart fans are air drumming, we can relieve ourselves in the meantime.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the interview to imply, and I think the interviewer also understood this to mean, that Neil would be improvising parts of his drum parts in CA songs. Or perhaps I am just hoping this is true.

But I agree with others here, I would like a radically different drum solo, or no solo at all. That's 10 minutes we could be spending for The Necromancer, or 2-3 of their old songs, in medley form, or tons of stuff!

I always wondered why we were provided with this emoticon admin.gif and if I'd ever have a chance to use it. When 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 speaks, I, for one, will listen.

I'm curious about the solo. Do you think it will be very different each night or just minor variations?

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Aug 15 2012, 07:39 PM)
I always wondered why we were provided with this emoticon admin.gif and if I'd ever have a chance to use it. When 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 speaks, I, for one, will listen.

I'm curious about the solo. Do you think it will be very different each night or just minor variations?

If past performance is indicative of future performance, I'm guessing that he will have a moderately new structure, and improvise on the edges within that structure.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 15 2012, 07:21 PM)
Drum solos could be the bathroom break for many of us. While the Neil Peart fans are air drumming, we can relieve ourselves in the meantime.

Am I the only one who doesn't have to constantly piss at concerts - or threaten to as a means of protest??

"I hate this song or part of the show - so I'm gonna really show them by standing in a long line with a bunch of loud drunks while we all take deep breaths of urine"

Yeah - I'll take the drum solo, thanks

wink.gif

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 22 2012, 08:29 AM)

Am I the only one who doesn't have to constantly piss at concerts - or threaten to as a means of protest??

"I hate this song or part of the show - so I'm gonna really show them by standing in a long line with a bunch of loud drunks while we all take deep breaths of urine"

wink.gif

And I'll pass, thanks. I've heard the same solo before....many, many times.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 22 2012, 08:25 AM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 22 2012, 08:29 AM)

wink.gif

And I'll pass, thanks. I've heard the same solo before....many, many times.

It's a good thing to make sure you're tank I'd empty when given the opportunity. You wouldn't want to piss yourself once they got into yyz or lvs.

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Aug 15 2012, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 15 2012, 06:36 PM)
Just as long as Neil jettisons the ridiculous big band part of his solo, he can do whatever he wants.

It was cool at first, but yeah it's worn out its welcome.

He should have gone with the ESL YYZ-based solo for the Time Machine tour.

NeilFinal.gif

Yeah, I agree... while I admire Neil's monster ability with drumming, I've been a bit surprised at his drum solos for the past few tours... not sure what it is, they don't seem to be 'drummy' enough! (Hope that makes sense!) I was watching the 2112 / Moving Pictures Classic Album dvd the other night, and there was this clip of Neil drumming away, doing what seemed like an improvisational solo in a studio. I remember thinking, man, I wish his concert solos were like that! And I wish I could get that solo in mp3 so I could listen to it... I'll have to search around, see if I can find the solo I'm talking about.

QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 22 2012, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Aug 15 2012, 06:41 PM)
Just as long as Neil jettisons the ridiculous big band part of his solo, he can do whatever he wants.

It was cool at first, but yeah it's worn out its welcome.

He should have gone with the ESL YYZ-based solo for the Time Machine tour.

NeilFinal.gif

Yeah, I agree... while I admire Neil's monster ability with drumming, I've been a bit surprised at his drum solos for the past few tours... not sure what it is, they don't seem to be 'drummy' enough! (Hope that makes sense!) I was watching the 2112 / Moving Pictures Classic Album dvd the other night, and there was this clip of Neil drumming away, doing what seemed like an improvisational solo in a studio. I remember thinking, man, I wish his concert solos were like that! And I wish I could get that solo in mp3 so I could listen to it... I'll have to search around, see if I can find the solo I'm talking about.

Yeah, I was watching The Rhythm Method from A Show Of Hands (out of YYZ) and thinking it would be cool to see him get back to that more "aggressive" approach. Given his playing on CA, I do think it's a possibility. 1022.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated

I like that portion better than the electronic. Ridiculous? Try that pastoral piece he put in there. schla03.gif