Rank the Rush Albums

pdurbin22

I think think T4E is a little messy it's not very cohesive but I think it's a solid rock album, I mean the title track an driven are awesome, the Only one I don't like is dog years and even still the message in the lyrics is great! Then resist is great lol see this is so hard

I think think T4E is a little messy it's not very cohesive but I think it's a solid rock album, I mean the title track an driven are awesome, the Only one I don't like is dog years and even still the message in the lyrics is great! Then resist is great lol see this is so hard

T4E is my guilty pleasure. I love it for all tue wrong reasons. Their Spinal Tap album.

But seriously, it is a weak effort.

No way!!! Hold your fire is there worst effort!!!

Actually I think CA is their album with the least amount of effort I like the concept and even tho they wrote "wish them well" I think like a dozen times I think musically it could of been more intricately composed! But again I love everything about it! Except maybe BU2B2...... Maybe

Actually I think CA is their album with the least amount of effort I like the concept and even tho they wrote "wish them well" I think like a dozen times I think musically it could of been more intricately composed! But again I love everything about it! Except maybe BU2B2...... Maybe

Nope.

I love Wish Them Well.

Nope.

I love Wish Them Well.

I know me too that's the thing CA is great, i tuink it seems so effortless to me is because they are so good at it so it took them no time! I guess it's just hold your fire is # 19 for me...

I want to say that I actually really like feedback!! I love all those songs and think that they did a good job of covering those songs. On the other hand I wish they could of Rushed them up a bit.

ya i just listened to Hold your Fire again lol it has it's qualities but i find i loose interest for about three songs midway till i get back into it again

like everyone is putting RUSH last!!! I mean no it's not there best but it isn't there worst ugh review my other comment, i love that album and it's so fast paced!!!! arg I'm out of here!!!! lol

Its their worst.

And i consider it to be one of the best worst albums ever released.

No way

Hold you fire is their worst!!

No way

Roll The Bones is their worst!!

Um…no. Caress of Steel is their worst.

like everyone is putting RUSH last!!! I mean no it's not there best but it isn't there worst ugh review my other comment, i love that album and it's so fast paced!!!! arg I'm out of here!!!! lol

Its their worst.

No way

No way

you hate rock music or somethin?

• Like 1

Its their worst.

No way

No way

No. I love Bastille Day, but The rest of the album, especially The Necromancer and The Fountain of Lamneth, is just too raw and choppy. They don't flow well to me, so it's hard to sit through the whole album. Generally Bastille Day is as far as I'll go.

19. Caress of Steel (3.9)

18. Rush (5.7)

17. Snakes & Arrows (6.1)

16. Test for Echo (6.4)

15. Hemispheres (6.8)

14. Roll the Bones (7.2)

13. Fly By Night (7.3)

12. A Farewell to Kings (7.4)

11. Presto (7.6)

10. 2112 (8.1)

9. Hold Your Fire (8.3)

8. Counterparts (8.5)

7. Signals (8.8)

6. Power Windows (9.0)

5. Grace Under Pressure (9.2)

4. Vapor Trails (9.4)

3. Clockwork Angels (9.7)

2. Moving Pictures (9.9)

1. Permanent Waves (10.0)

Its their worst.

No way

No way

No. I love Bastille Day, but The rest of the album, especially The Necromancer and The Fountain of Lamneth, is just too raw and choppy. They don't flow well to me, so it's hard to sit through the whole album. Generally Bastille Day is as far as I'll go.

Hmmm. To me they flow well, and the "rawness" is a big part of why I like them... same with the first album. I do admit that the drum solo in FoL sort of brings it to a screeching halt, but then again I've never been a fan of drum solos...

Its their worst.

No way

No way

Hmmm. To me they flow well, and the "rawness" is a big part of why I like them... same with the first album. I do admit that the drum solo in FoL sort of brings it to a screeching halt, but then again I've never been a fan of drum solos...

The drum "solo" in FoL is the best part, by a significant margin.

Its their worst.

No way

No way

To each our own, I suppose… :)

• Like 1

I just recently discovered Rush. About a year ago I got their entire discography without any back story or knowing what is supposed to be good. All I knew was that Tom Sawyer is the most famous song and 2112 is very respected. Going in blind has been interesting and I've listened to almost nothing else since getting into Rush. So if my rankings don't jive with people that have followed them for years, that may be why.. with that intro, here are my album rankings:

1. Grace Under Pressure

2. Hemispheres

3. Moving Pictures

4. Permanent Waves

5. 2112

6. Signals

7. A Farewell to Kings

8. Clockwork Angels

9. Counterparts

10. Rush

11. Vapor Trails

12. Fly By Night

13. Power Windows

14. Caress of Steel

15. Hold Your Fire

16. Snakes & Arrows

17. Presto

18. Test for Echo

19. Roll the Bones

this will most likely change over the years. But this is my first year impression. Go easy on me.. I didn't grow up with Rush and all this music just hit me at once. I just wanted to mention that I was listening to all the albums in order of release and I liked every album but it's when I heard "Grace Under Pressure" that my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe a band could have such a diverse range and pull off everything. I love everything about that album. The feel and overall emotion is unmatched for me. The fact that the same band made that and 2112 which are both so different but amazing in their own way solidified that Rush is my favourite band ever.

I just recently discovered Rush. About a year ago I got their entire discography without any back story or knowing what is supposed to be good. All I knew was that Tom Sawyer is the most famous song and 2112 is very respected. Going in blind has been interesting and I've listened to almost nothing else since getting into Rush. So if my rankings don't jive with people that have followed them for years, that may be why.. with that intro, here are my album rankings:

1. Grace Under Pressure

2. Hemispheres

3. Moving Pictures

4. Permanent Waves

5. 2112

6. Signals

7. A Farewell to Kings

8. Clockwork Angels

9. Counterparts

10. Rush

11. Vapor Trails

12. Fly By Night

13. Power Windows

14. Caress of Steel

15. Hold Your Fire

16. Snakes & Arrows

17. Presto

18. Test for Echo

19. Roll the Bones

this will most likely change over the years. But this is my first year impression. Go easy on me.. I didn't grow up with Rush and all this music just hit me at once. I just wanted to mention that I was listening to all the albums in order of release and I liked every album but it's when I heard "Grace Under Pressure" that my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe a band could have such a diverse range and pull off everything. I love everything about that album. The feel and overall emotion is unmatched for me. The fact that the same band made that and 2112 which are both so different but amazing in their own way solidified that Rush is my favourite band ever.

Really, apart from your rather low ranking of Power Windows and Snakes And Arrows, and if you swapped out AFTK and Counterparts our lists would be pretty similar.

Masterpiece (5 stars):

Power Windows

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

A Farewell to Kings

Very good (4 stars)

Hemispheres

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

Good (3 stars)

Signals

Vapor Trails

Caress of Steel

Clockwork Angels

Average (2 stars)

Roll the Bones

Test for Echo

Counterparts

Bad (1 Star)

Snakes and Arrows

Presto

Rush

Fly by Night

I have to say when I first listened to side one of CoS I thought "ok similar to FBN and RUSH, fast paced high notes!!!

but then flip it over and now it's story time!!!!

you had to know the band was going in some sort of a different direction with By-Tor and the Snow Dog

so when i heard the necromancer, i wanted more and then FoL!!!! boom! i think for a short story it flows awesomely

so much tension building with Didacts and Narpets then it calms (like our lives) and builds again in No Ones at the Bridge, and into Panacea, which is an awesome lullaby!!

CoS is moving up in my list as we discuss it in length Ihave to say side 2 of CoS is what got me hooked on Rush and keep coming back for more!!!

• Like 3

I have updated my list.

1. Moving Pictures (9.9)

2. Permanent Waves (9.8)

3. Clockwork Angels (9.7)

4. Vapor Trails (9.5)

5. Counterparts (9.4)

6. 2112 (9.2)

7. Power Windows (9.1)

8. Hold Your Fire (8.9)

9. Grace Under Pressure (8.8)

10. Presto (8.7)

11. A Farewell to Kings (8.6)

12. Signals (8.5)

13. Test for Echo (8.4)

14. Roll the Bones (8.2)

15. Hemispheres (8.0)

16. Fly By Night (7.7)

17. Rush (7.5)

18. Snakes & Arrows (7.0)

19. Caress of Steel (2.6)

I guess we gotta do this every do often

1. Hemispheres

2. Permanent Waves

3. Power Windows

4. Signals

5. Caress of Steel

6. Presto

7. Hold your Fire

8. Moving Pictures

9. Snakes

10. 2112

Then it get to the lower tier albums. which i now realize you could actually just throw em em in any order.

Roll the bones

Farewell to Kings

Rush

Fly by Night

Grace Under Pressure

Counterparts

Test for Echo

Clockwork Angels

Vapor Trails

I can't really rank that bunch honestly.

Mick

This post was started back in 2012. Hmmmmmmm.......Okay, I'm not even sure if I've "voted" yet.

1. Moving Pictures

2. Clockwork Angels

3. Presto

4. Power Windows

5. A Farewell to Kings

6. Permanent Waves

7. Counterparts

8. Grace Under Pressure

9. Hemispheres

10.Snakes and Arrows

11. 2112

12.Signals

13. Hold Your Fire

14. Rush

15. Roll the Bones

16. Test for Echo

17. Fly By Night

18. Vapor Trails

19. Caress of Steel

I'd bump up the remastered Vapor Trails up to 13 and push everything else down a notch.

Clem

• Like 1

Alrighty.

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

A Farewell To Kings

Moving Pictures

Signals

Fly By Night

Caress of Steel

Grace Under Pressure

Clockwork Angels