Shorter or longer?

losingit2k

Which do you like most shorter or longer CA Songs.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like most shorter or longer CA Songs.

• Shorter: Caravan, BU2B, The Anarchist, Carnies,Halo Effect,The Wreckers, BU2B2, Wish Them Well
    • Longer: Clockwork Angels, Seven Cities of Gold, Headlong Flight, The Garden

It's a tough choice, but I went with longer as three of my favorite tracks are there. Making it harder was 7COG, my least favorite track. But we've already heard Caravan and BU2B, and BU2B2 isn't really necessary for a live performance.

Why isn't The Anarchist part of the long songs? It's only 7 seconds shorter than The Garden, clocking in at 6:52. It's also much longer than Seven Cities.

If The Anarchist was included in the longer songs, I would have went with that. sad.gif

didnt vote

I like (wouldn't say love) all the songs (minus wish you well).

I'd like most of them to be shorter actually.

Tough call because The Wreckers and Headlong Flight are probably my two favorite songs from the album. That being said, I went with shorter because more material I dig is in there.

Seriously, I can't choose because I like songs from each list better than others that are on each list. One thing I will say is that I thought there were going to be some really long ones this time around (from all of the talk) and was surprised to find all of them under 8 minutes.

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Aug 7 2012, 01:32 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Aug 6 2012, 06:56 PM)
How is The Anarchist (6:52) on the short list?

BOGUS POLL MAN!

comp26.gif

My thoughts exactly..... confused13.gif

Ok. I agree the poll is flawed. The Anarchist should be on the longer list or maybe Seven Cities of Gold should on the shorter side. I never considered The Anarchist to be long, since it flies by with such magnificent majesty. Oh Well, it would have been an easy poll to vote for if that were the case. I truly like the whole album so it really doesn't make a difference to me. I was just having some fun and keeping the motion going until September.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Aug 7 2012, 01:54 AM)
QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Aug 7 2012, 01:02 AM)
Love them all.

Best album since MP. And you can't choice best songs on MP wink.gif

Oh I can choose the best songs on MP:

Red Barchetta

Limelight

The Camera Eye

Tom Sawyer

YYZ

Vital Signs

Witch Hunt

Actually, the hardest thing to do was placing Red Barchetta before Limelight.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 7 2012, 06:55 AM)
Seriously, I can't choose because I like songs from each list better than others that are on each list. One thing I will say is that I thought there were going to be some really long ones this time around (from all of the talk) and was surprised to find all of them under 8 minutes.

I completely agree, I thought there was goign to be at least one 9+ minute song on the album. I actually thought it was going to be the title track. Oh Well!

Maybe next album!

cool.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 11 2012, 04:00 PM)

I completely agree, I thought there was goign to be at least one 9+ minute song on the album. I actually thought it was going to be the title track. Oh Well!

Maybe next album!

cool.gif

Yeah I was looking for a 9 minute effort as well. For an album that's 66 minutes long it sure seems to be over very quickly.

2.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 12 2012, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 11 2012, 04:00 PM)

Maybe next album!

cool.gif

Yeah I was looking for a 9 minute effort as well. For an album that's 66 minutes long it sure seems to be over very quickly.

2.gif

That's 'cause it totally rocks! They took time from the slower songs (Halo Effect, BU2B2) and handed them to the faster tracks (Headlong Flight, the Anarchist).

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif