Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

I've just ordered "English Electric: Full Power" by Big Big Train as well as the Deluxe edition of "A Feast Of Consequences" by Fish. As for downloads... I've just bought "Inform - Educate - Entertain" by Public Service Broadcasting, the new Goldfrapp album "Tales of Us" and "Warrior On The Edge Of Time" by Hawkwind.

In the past few days I've downloaded "The Rainmaker" and "Adam & Eve" by the Flower Kings, as well as ordered "Unfold the Future" on CD.

Rainmaker sounds like a dud to me, Adam & Eve is awesome. Unfold the Future should kick ass if that Hasse-hole doesn't sing 90% of the time.

This is what I got so far for the month of November (from November 1-18th at least)

Dream Theater - Live at Luna Park (The Deluxe "All Singing, All Dancing" BluRay/2DVD/3CD Edition)

Katatonia - Last Fair Day Gone Night (3LP vinyl box set)

Ghost - Infestissumam

Steven Wilson - Drive Home (CD/BluRay)

And just today, I ordered the limited deluxe edition of Clockwork Angels Tour from :rush: Backstage.

Trip to the record store today resulted in three CD's!

Nirvana - In Utero (20th Anniversary Remaster)

Rush - Vapour Trails Remixed

Dream Theater - Dream Theater

• Like 1

Great choices!

Thanks! Really digging the remaster for In Utero. Glad they finally fixed the volume corrections on Serve The Servants and the majority of the album. Really love the remix of Vapour Trails too!

• Like 1

Great choices!

Thanks! Really digging the remaster for In Utero. Glad they finally fixed the volume corrections on Serve The Servants and the majority of the album. Really love the remix of Vapour Trails too!

It might even be my fave Nirvana album, although I only like to listen to it occasionally (I have yet to hear the remaster). I also eventually have to snag the super-deluxe of Nevermind, that looks amazing. VT definitely has some worthy remixes, can't wait to break out the vinyl soon! :cheers:

Edited by Steevo

Was in the city today and decided to pay a visit to the usual record store I go to since I haven't been there for LONG time and sadly one of the employees told me that they're phasing out the music section for good and expect to be out by the end of the month, a month before Record Store Day 2014 arrives. Just looking at music section was devastating. Half of their CD shelves were empty, and all of the "newer" music on vinyl were gone. Luckily, I ended up leaving with this which will perhaps be the last CD I'll ever buy at that place...

Isis - Celestial (2013 re-issue)

I'm really gonna miss that place and I probably should've gone there more had I known earlier that it would close eventually. I'll never forget the time I met Steven Wilson during a record signing there in 2011. Looks like I'm gonna have to scout for other independent record stores in the city or start buying online more often. :(

Went to this record store in Brooklyn that specialized in some more obscurer acts in metal/underground/industrial/drone etc. (BTW, I wouldn't call it a hipster kind of record store) for my birthday recently in hopes of finding more obscurer stuff to enjoy. Had a nice talk with the guy at the counter, who I assume is also the owner, and after about at least six or so albums he recommended to me (told him I was looking for drone or post-metal music), I came out with these three, except for the first band they're all drone acts. All are on vinyl as well.

Pelican - Australasia

Gog - Heavy Fierce Brightness - Spells Of The Sun

Hive Mind - Elemental Disgrace

All were excellent buys. Pelican reminded me of Isis who I got into recently. Gog was more in the drone metal territory, and the Hive Mind album was really gooey, swampy like drone. Would love to go back to that record store and buy the rest of the stuff the owner recommended to me.

Oh and I also got this as well...

The Devin Townsend Project - Contain Us