Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

Picked up some vinyl a week ago

Yes - 90125

Rush - Moving Pictures

Billy Joel - The Stranger

I was hoping for similar quality as the title track but that BJ album left me underwhelmed. What was your verdict?

I thought side one was really great, but the second side was a bit disappointing. Vienna was good though

Yes - 90125

Rush - Moving Pictures

I was hoping for similar quality as the title track but that BJ album left me underwhelmed. What was your verdict?

I thought side one was really great, but the second side was a bit disappointing. Vienna was good though

TBH I've always had a soft spot for Movin'Out as well, it's always been on the radio for as long as I can remember. The remainder just seemed way to cheesy or didn't really cut it. Way overrated album anyway. Listening to the outtakes and demos for this now.

Yes - 90125

Rush - Moving Pictures

TBH I've always had a soft spot for Movin'Out as well, it's always been on the radio for as long as I can remember. The remainder just seemed way to cheesy or didn't really cut it. Way overrated album anyway. Listening to the outtakes and demos for this now.

Scenes From an Italian Restaurant is a great song and so is the title track. But I agree with you otherwise. I picked it up for $4 at a flea market and it was the only Billy Joel he had.

Thank You Scientist - Maps of Non-Existent Places (and signed too by most of the band btw)

They're a prog band from NJ, which makes them a local band for me because when I was chatting with them after one of their shows recently, one of their band members is from the same town as me which was a surprise even for myself!

Continuing with Dream Theater related purchases, just now I pre-ordered this on vinyl...and in the exact same color variant.

http://images.cdn.bigcartel.com/bigcartel/product_images/144446038/max_h-300+max_w-300/AWAKE-2LP_COLOR-CROP.jpg

• Like 1

Just cancelled my pre-order of Z2 on Amazon. I got another version that includes the bonus disc without dialogue and a t-shirt :D

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin I Deluxe Edition (only one I want because the live album may actually be worth having)

Devin Townsend - Terria

Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud (with bonus disc)

Judas Priest - Sin After Sin

Judas Priest - Stained Class

• Like 1

Just cancelled my pre-order of Z2 on Amazon. I got another version that includes the bonus disc without dialogue and a t-shirt :D

Nice! I'm probably gonna go with the Z2 bundle as well as soon as I round up some more cash next week.

Nice! I'm probably gonna go with the Z2 bundle as well as soon as I round up some more cash next week.

It was like $10 more and I figured it was worth it for a shirt and another disc. And the 2-day shipping was a lot cheaper

Too bad I couldn't get the vinyl (sold out) but it's probably for the best. I like buying records I know I enjoy on vinyl because then I can get my money's worth. It would suck to buy something like Test For Echo on vinyl before it came out.

Isis - Panopticon

I'm gonna guess, it's the 10th anniversary remaster right? I hope you didn't spend quite a lot for an original pressing cause the remaster actually sounds better than the original. It's like $10 on Amazon.

Edited by PolarizeMe

Isis - Panopticon

I'm gonna guess, it's the 10th anniversary remaster right? I hope you didn't spend quite a lot for an original pressing cause the remaster actually sounds better than the original. It's like $10 on Amazon.

I bought it $5 used on ebay ha ha

• Like 1

Isis - Panopticon

I bought it $5 used on ebay ha ha

You lucked out, haha. I actually have both the original, the re-master, and even the vinyl. If you were looking for Oceanic, you'd probably have an even harder time finding any copy of it (especially vinyl) wether it's cheap or pricy, but it's being re-issued on November 4th.

Edited by PolarizeMe

A bunch of pre-orders...

Isis - In The Absence Of Truth (2014 repress on Clear/Red swirl vinyl)

Devin Townsend - Z2 (deluxe 3CD mediabook edition)

A few more that I plan on pre-ordering within the next week or two:

Mamiffer - Statu Nascendi

Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time (2014 vinyl repress)

Didn't go for the Z2 shirt/CD bundle as I'm going to see Dev in December so I'll grab a shirt at the merch table instead. The In The Absence Of Truth vinyl took me by surprise, and I probably wouldn't have known of its existence had I not gone to the webstore of the label that's going to repress it. I'm not that obsessed with getting the first 7 Maiden albums on vinyl, but I really want the Somewhere In Time one cause it's my favorite and the artwork will look amazing on vinyl.

• Like 1

Isis - In The Absence Of Truth (2014 repress on Clear/Red swirl vinyl)

Slight change on the vinyl color. I emailed the web store asking for a change in vinyl color. Now the copy I'm getting is in pink vinyl. Was misinformed about the clear/red one as it's actually one clear and one red vinyl which kind of irked me as I'm a bit OCD with that kind of stuff. The guy that runs the label/web store was cool about the whole thing.

Ulver - Trolsk Sortmetall (5CD box set)

I'm thinking of pre-ordering this. Not totally set in stone, but I really love Bergtatt and Nattens Madrigal and plus there's a cool photo book and bonus CDs so it's good enough incentives for me to buy it.

And:

Isis - Oceanic (2014 remaster)

Edited by PolarizeMe

An all vinyl batch of recent purchases...

Katatonia - Brave Murder Day (2012 Peaceville pressing)

Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time (2014 re-press)

Mamiffer - Statu Nascendi (clear/gold haze vinyl)

The latter two were pre-orders.

• Like 1