How will CA sound live?

GernTheFish

Just wondering how folks think CA will translate to the live stage. Which ones will rock, which will not sound as good live, what songs are you wanting to hear the most on tour?

I need to give it more thought, but right now I'm thinking about 7cog. It's not my favorite on CA, but I have a feeling it will melt my face off when they play it live.

Any others?

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Jul 27 2012, 12:42 PM)
Just wondering how folks think CA will translate to the live stage.  Which ones will rock, which will not sound as good live, what songs are you wanting to hear the most on tour?

I need to give it more thought, but right now I'm thinking about 7cog.  It's not my favorite on CA, but I have a feeling it will melt my face off when they play it live.

Any others?

Seven Cities IS one of my favorites, and I think it will sound amazing live. 1022.gif

I'm really looking forward to hearing the title track live. 1022.gif I think it will be FAR superior to the CD version, which probably has the weakest mix on the album. sad.gif

Probably a hell of a lot like the cd. Too loud, hard to understand vocals, and a muddy mix. But to really find out, here's what you do. Get on the freeway, do about 75-80 mph, open all the windows, crank CA as loud as it will go, have people scream in the car, etc. That is a pretty good approximation of how it will sound live.

QUOTE (hammerofthor @ Jul 27 2012, 01:13 PM)
Probably a hell of a lot like the cd. Too loud, hard to understand vocals, and a muddy mix.  But to really find out, here's what you do.  Get on the freeway, do about 75-80 mph, open all the windows, crank CA as loud as it will go, have people scream in the car, etc.  That is a pretty good approximation of how it will sound live.

wtf.gif

Not a single positive thing to say.

rage.gif

QUOTE (hammerofthor @ Jul 27 2012, 01:13 PM)
Probably a hell of a lot like the cd. Too loud, hard to understand vocals, and a muddy mix. But to really find out, here's what you do. Get on the freeway, do about 75-80 mph, open all the windows, crank CA as loud as it will go, have people scream in the car, etc. That is a pretty good approximation of how it will sound live.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Jul 27 2012, 08:10 PM)
I'm a little curious how they will do the megaphone voice. Will Geddy sing this or will it be a triggered recorded voice?

- Geddy sings live and the effect is controlled via foot pedal.

- Geddy sings live and the effect is controlled from the soundboard.

- Geddy doesn't sing at all and the effect is triggered from wherever.

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 27 2012, 02:23 PM)
...snip...

It will be disappointing if this is the route they choose to go. There are pretty significant chunks of lyric sung with the megaphone effect...having Geddy (or Neil or Alex) hit a key/pad/pedal to trigger an extended sample would not be cool. Also, if the timing isn't perfect, the song would be totally f'd up.

I'm a little curious how they will do the megaphone voice.  Will Geddy sing this or will it be a triggered recorded voice?

Or Geddy could actually sing live through a megaphone a la Scott Weiland. tongue.gif

http://images1.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/bands/s/stone_temple_pilots/sxsw_2010/281x211.jpg

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Jul 27 2012, 02:10 PM)
I'm a little curious how they will do the megaphone voice.

I've never asked, but what do you think is the point of that He sounds like Erkel. Not to mention you can't understand him.

Edited by Pound of Obscure

I'm a little curious how they will do the megaphone voice.  Will Geddy sing this or will it be a triggered recorded voice?

I wouldn't be surprised if they just trigger a sample.

When they played "Double Agent" on the Counterparts tour they triggered the talking parts.

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Jul 27 2012, 12:42 PM)
Just wondering how folks think CA will translate to the live stage. Which ones will rock, which will not sound as good live, what songs are you wanting to hear the most on tour?

I need to give it more thought, but right now I'm thinking about 7cog. It's not my favorite on CA, but I have a feeling it will melt my face off when they play it live.

Any others?

Well obviously all the harder ones will rock, slower ones like Halo Effect, Garden or something too 'poppy' like Wish Them Well will signal major restroom traffic jams.

Basically do not even try to go to restrooms during any of those songs if they play them, which I have a serious doubt about them playing any of those 3 because of it killing the energy in the crowd and Rush seems to really try to avoid those songs.

QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Jul 27 2012, 03:10 PM)
Picturing Ged pulling out a megaphone sent me into a fit of giggles.....don't know why laugh.gif

Mick

That part is lame to begin with....can't understand anything he says. It would be cheesy as hell if he pulled out a megaphone live.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 27 2012, 07:09 PM)
Picturing Ged pulling out a megaphone sent me into a fit of giggles.....don't know why laugh.gif

Mick

That part is lame to begin with....can't understand anything he says. It would be cheesy as hell if he pulled out a megaphone live.

I know when I first heard it i thought.....ah......what????? confused13.gif confused13.gif laugh.gif

Mick

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 27 2012, 08:09 PM)

Mick