What is the best decade of Rush?

LedRush

What is the best decade of Rush?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best decade of Rush?

• 1970s (Rush, FBN, CoS, 2112, aFTK, Hemi, PeW)
    • 1980s (MP, Signals, GUP, PoW, HYF, Presto)
    • 1990s (RTB, CP, T4E)
    • 2000s+ (VT, S&A, CA) (add Feedback if it helps, though I doubt it will)

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 22 2012, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (New Digital Man @ Jul 22 2012, 05:04 PM)
The best decade of Rush is the one you like best and mine is different to yours and changes regularly! Next question?

Worst post ever? Probably.

Glad you liked it! I see your favourite Rush song is Entre Nous so in light of this confession i won't worry too much on your opinions of my posts! schla03.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 23 2012, 11:40 AM)
If Presto was included in the 90s group (as I think it should be) I'd go for the 90s. This is though because each other group has an album I really don't like (Rush, Signals, S&A) but the three 90s albums by themselves are not good enough. I'll probably go for the 70s. confused13.gif

I've always felt that RTB sounded more like an 80s album than Presto sounded like a 90s one. I should have combined everything from RTB on into one category to see if that would make the later work more attractive to voters.

I was hoping to get a few more votes for the later stuff. Maybe next time I put PeW in with the 80s (even though I disagree) and group everything from RTB on.

Given that PeW was not heard en mass (and almost exclusively) until the 80s, and given that Presto didn't receive most of its airplay until the 90s, I choose the 80s. With or without PeW, the 70s are a tempting choice. I use the sheer diversity of musical output of the 80s to clinch it.

70's wins this one easily. It's when they built their original musical fan base. So much amazing stuff. Once the 80's came around, albums became hit or miss. By the 90's they were in a bit of a musical rut that they never escaped from.

Permanent Waves is my favorite album but the 70's albums have more "filler" songs. The 80's albums are stacked track for track.

Note:

1. I have put Permanent Waves in the 1970s because every single bit of the album was done in the 1970s, and it was released on 1-1-1980. That's not an 80s album in my mind.

2. I've combined all post 2000 albums into one "decade"; it seemed to make sense to me.

The presence of PeW in the 70s made this one easy.

PeW is an 80s album, so the 80s got my vote. Three of my top five (PeW, MP and PoW) and three of the other four are better than the first three from the 70s, IMO.

Aww, isn't this nice? I feel right at home.

:popcorn:

• Like 2

80's (including Permanent Waves, despite your timeline shenanigans!).

tongue.gif

1287.gif

yes.gif

Yeah utter shenanigans. Released in 1980.....played on the airwaves in 1980....massive world tour in 1980.

80's record.

This poll is rigged.

80's Rush was the greatest decade for this band creative wise. Brilliant.

80's (including Permanent Waves, despite your timeline shenanigans!).

tongue.gif

1287.gif

yes.gif

Yeah utter shenanigans. Released in 1980.....played on the airwaves in 1980....massive world tour in 1980.

80's record.

This poll is rigged.

80's Rush was the greatest decade for this band creative wise. Brilliant.

Permanent Waves was recorded, mixed, songs played on radio, stacked on pallets and shrink wrapped in 1979.

• Like 1

Wait a minute.

Was there shrink wrap in 1979?

Had to look that up. Apparently, shrink wrap was invented in 1981.

And according to some TRF theorists, PeW was actually conceived, written, and recorded in 1920 --- more than 30 years before the birth of any Rush member. :P

7 of my top 8 albums are from the 70s. Still a landslide even if you put PeW in with the 80s bunch.

Easy peasy.

• Like 1