Quick CA Poll for laughs - Wish Them Well v

treeduck

The Wreckers v Halo Effect v Wish Them Well = which do you like best?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The Wreckers v Halo Effect v Wish Them Well = which do you like best?

• The Wreckers
    • Halo Effect
    • Wish Them Well

Definitely Wish Them Well. The Wreckers has a pretty nice hook, and Halo Effect is excellent lyrically, but WTW's catchy "thank your stars" section caught my attention at once and remains one of my favorite parts of the album.

I went for THE WRECKERS but I really like WTW also. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

I'm guessing Treeduck matched these three tunes up because he thinks they're the worst of the bunch, but "The Wreckers" and "Wish Them Well" are both in my top four picks for the album! "Halo Effect," on the other hand... yeah, a piece of doo-doo.

I chose "Wish Them Well," but "The Wreckers" is right behind.

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jul 2 2012, 05:20 AM)
WTW's catchy "thank your stars" section caught my attention at once and remains one of my favorite parts of the album.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Animate @ Jul 2 2012, 09:37 PM)
I must be listening to a different CD then everyone else, cause both Halo Effect and The Wreckers are way at the top of my replay list.

Yeah, I'd say mine's quite different because Headlong Flight, Anarchist, and Carnies are way ahead of the rest of the pack...but most of the pack is pretty good anyway smile.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 2 2012, 07:46 AM)
I must be listening to a different CD then everyone else,  cause both Halo Effect and The Wreckers are way at the top of my replay list.

Yeah, I'd say mine's quite different because Headlong Flight, Anarchist, and Carnies are way ahead of the rest of the pack...but most of the pack is pretty good anyway smile.gif

trink39.gif

I am regretting getting Headlong Flight early, because sadly right now it is in the over listened to list. Except my kids keep asking for it.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 2 2012, 07:46 AM)
I must be listening to a different CD then everyone else,  cause both Halo Effect and The Wreckers are way at the top of my replay list.

I've always thought you might be a secret Carnie JB...

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 2 2012, 07:27 AM)
I'm guessing Treeduck matched these three tunes up because he thinks they're the worst of the bunch, but "The Wreckers" and "Wish Them Well" are both in my top four picks for the album! "Halo Effect," on the other hand... yeah, a piece of doo-doo.

I chose "Wish Them Well," but "The Wreckers" is right behind.

Yeah well these are my least faves but I still like them pretty well, maybe Halo Effect hasn't had an effect on me yet though...

While Halo Effect is by far my least favorite song on the album, I noticed today as I was listening through the album that I have 0 desire to skip it. First off, it's a decent enough song, but also it's nicely placed on the CD to give a little breathing room in between a bunch of more rocking tracks, and the length is just about perfect so that when SSoG kicks in I'm primed and ready to rock again.

QUOTE (SlyJeff @ Jul 2 2012, 02:44 PM)
While Halo Effect is by far my least favorite song on the album, I noticed today as I was listening through the album that I have 0 desire to skip it. First off, it's a decent enough song, but also it's nicely placed on the CD to give a little breathing room in between a bunch of more rocking tracks, and the length is just about perfect so that when SSoG kicks in I'm primed and ready to rock again.

I'm not really a RUSH track skipper. The only track I skip regularly on a RUSH album is Rivendell...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 2 2012, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE (SlyJeff @ Jul 2 2012, 02:44 PM)

I'm not really a RUSH track skipper. The only track I skip regularly on a RUSH album is Rivendell...

Rivendell is so innocuous that it is over before I even noticed it was on to begin with.

In contrast, Halo Effect is awesome- the bitterness in Ged's voice as he spits out "What did I know, Fool that I was"... And "fool that I was" is such a Neil line. He mentions feeling that way quite a bit in his books.

Edited by Animate