I've been a fan for 30 years

2112th Man

just wanna chime in that Clockwork Angels is a good fricking album.

the first two songs are kickass. period.

Clockwork Angels will stand the test of time- great u2 sound with better drums

4 - the anarchist is signals song #9 .. period. Its epic.. help me people... the guitar and the taurus pedals and mimi moog! the flange is back!

great riff rock is here... but, they are pushing 60 and i know they can still rip a riff... i heard that 34 years ago... I'm a real fan... i love their melodic midtempo stuff... they already ripped for years....they are the best a that ... but now.. we have the Garden... they are incredible muscians who can now pull back and play feel, music thats smooth and cool... Halo Effect is another epic

This album can be on film on the big screen with the story...

another strong effort....

cant wait to see them in ATL and I feel we're gonna finally hear Losing it!!!!! and some other gems off signals this year... makes sense with the 30th anniversary and the strings coming along on tour... fandamntatic

Wooooo good on you smile.gif

2.gif rules, and continues to do so!

I was also turned on by 2.gif during signals. I'm really psyched about this tour more than any other since Hold Your Fire I think. It tour hold so much promise. Which of course includes the possibility of hearing "Losing It" live for the first time, not to mention the possibility of hearing "Manhattan Project", "Tears", "Nobody's Hero" and perhaps even "Different Strings" Live with a string section. This is going to be a great concert.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 25 2012, 01:39 AM)
Been into them for 35 years! I cannot believe how they get better EVERY ALBUM! 2.gif biggrin.gif 653.gif trink39.gif yes.gif

Same here...since '77. Nobody else has ever come close in my eyes. Their longevity is just amazing.

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ Jun 24 2012, 10:24 PM)
there's a mini moog in the anarchist?

That high pitched sustained drone sound by morphed synth and strings sounds like the sustained moog sound they used to have in their late 70s and early 80s albums. Vintage stuff!

QUOTE (Khan @ Jun 25 2012, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 25 2012, 01:39 AM)
Been into them for 35 years! I cannot believe how they get better EVERY ALBUM!   2.gif  biggrin.gif  653.gif  trink39.gif  yes.gif

Same here...since '77. Nobody else has ever come close in my eyes. Their longevity is just amazing.

Yep...this is ultimately what separates them from everyone else IMO. 1022.gif

I have been a fan for 37 years. I read all the comments on CA on this site over the last couple of weeks and didn't know what to expect. Fans can be a little biased wink.gif

So I had about 4 hours of yard work to catch up on Saturday. I bought CA off itunes and listened to it for the first time, non stop for the whole time. I have to say it is a great album. I don't think Rush has been getting better every album. I think there have been some relatively weak ones in the last 15 years. Clockwork Angels rocks and is certainly their best effort by far in a long long time.

Fan since 1980 here. CA is a very good release, but to say Rush got better with ever release? no.gif HYF was a step downward in lyric writing. Presto and RTB were huge steps into music and lyrical blandsville. VT was an exercise in how to make a dramatic comeback by trying to sound like you are 20. S&A was a great return to the band writing like genuine musicians. CA is on par with S&A but mimics 2112 in the sense of taking a chance. Most of the songs are very good. Edited by Gompers

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 25 2012, 08:25 AM)

That high pitched sustained drone sound by morphed synth and strings sounds like the sustained moog sound they used to have in their late 70s and early 80s albums. Vintage stuff!

To be a wee more accurate/anal, it was one of Geddy's Oberheim synths doing the high synth-string parts on their old albums.

Regardless of how it was created, though, it's nice to hear that little sonic element make a comeback in the Anarchist. smile.gif

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Jun 26 2012, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 25 2012, 08:25 AM)

To be a wee more accurate/anal, it was one of Geddy's Oberheim synths doing the high synth-string parts on their old albums.

Regardless of how it was created, though, it's nice to hear that little sonic element make a comeback in the Anarchist. smile.gif

...which Trenken originally denied it even existed even with his pro headphones. Another failed attempt to minimize CA. laugh.gif

I've been a fan since 1995. This is easily the best release since i've been a fan. Although VT was much fun running to the store with my allowance and picking up. Holy shit, in 3 years, it'll be 20 years.... Basically all of my life..... many musical journeys.

CA is good. It doesn't even close to Power Windows or Hold Your Fire. Great song writing and musicianship back then. I miss the players they were in their prime. Rush were the ultimate prog rockers. Nothing to this day can touch a 1983 to 1988 rush. The attitude of musicianship, writing and production was perfection. What the f**k happened to that rush? CA is a great effort. I will let time pass and let it grow on me. That's what she said.