Tears......

D3strukt

'Tears' popped up on my ipod yesterday while I was gardening, and it caught me off guard because I didn't recognize it at first, having not heard it in, oh, ten years or so. (I know! I know! Bad me!) I really liked it, it was nice to hear something 'pretty'.

I do enjoy the second half of 2112. Love 'Twilight Zone' (Geddy's whispered vocals still creep me out sometimes, and I love the high, piercing ring of Alex's guitar near the end), 'A Passage to Bangkok' is good, 'Lessons' has been growing on me (like the fade-in to the song, for some reason), and 'Something for Nothing' is awesome. Love the strong, simple message in it.

QUOTE (thirteen @ Jun 19 2012, 04:58 AM)
Good to hear. What do you think about the rest of side 2 of 2112?
I love side 2 of 2112 (even twilight zone laugh.gif )

TZ, PTB, And SFN are standouts. Lessons is a throwaway, though that could change in 10 years, like Tears did today. laugh.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 19 2012, 03:26 AM)
First time i've ever listened to this song. ohmy.gif Holy shit, it's a great tune. Not live worthy, but definitely a damn good tune. I hear spits of King Crimson in it. 1022.gif

Oh, it's an amazing song! Glad you enjoy it.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 19 2012, 03:26 AM)
I hear spits of King Crimson in it. 1022.gif

Those delicious mellotrons, as well as the vocal melody, are so totally "In the Court of the Crimson King"! It especially reminds me of Epitaph.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 19 2012, 07:44 AM)
Wait...first time hearing Tears?? confused13.gif

I thought the same thing. I guess not all Rush fans know 2112 inside out.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 19 2012, 04:26 AM)
First time i've ever listened to this song. ohmy.gif Holy shit, it's a great tune. Not live worthy, but definitely a damn good tune. I hear spits of King Crimson in it. 1022.gif

It's an amazing track, and I've long said that I would be the last to complain if Alex and Geddy chose to rearrange it a little and play it together acoustically, kinda like they did with Resist.

Might they do that this tour + have a little strings action going on during it? Not likely, but it's fun to dream and time will tell.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 19 2012, 12:26 AM)
First time i've ever listened to this song.  ohmy.gif  Holy shit, it's a great tune. Not live worthy, but definitely a damn good tune. I hear spits of King Crimson in it.  1022.gif

Not worthy of a live performance? wacko.gif I would kill if they did it live! 1022.gif 2.gif

It came up on my ipod again today! smile.gif It caught me off guard again, I'm a little embarrassed to admit - it took me a moment to pull my thoughts from wondering what girl singer I had on my ipod and realize which song it was... blush4.gif Geddy sounds so soft here!

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 19 2012, 09:15 PM)
Speaking of Mellatron. Is that what i'm hearing in Seven Cities of Gold?

Doubtful. Geddy can make any of the Mellotron sounds with his more up-to-date equipment. Mellotrons are notoriously finicky and a PITA, as any Prog keyboardist will tell you. wink.gif

Oh, and, I love Tears, too. It's also easy to play smile.gif

when I first started to learn to play guitar,I learned almost song,every riff on 2112..this is probally the easiest one to play,by far..but it's still

so beautiful...if they played,this live.i would start crying like

a little wussy girl...then die of embarrassment.

I think Tears is just beautiful. 1 of 2 songs on side 2 of 2112 I care for. I like Listening to this on headphones. I love this song.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000