Will you check the set list...

Mika

Before treating your ears to live aural Rush pleasures, are you going to sneak a peak at the setlist, or decide to be sonically surprised?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Before treating your ears to live aural Rush pleasures, are you going to sneak a peak at the setlist, or decide to be sonically surprised?

• Yes, I can't help myself, and I need to plan my pee break!
    • No, I like to be pleasantly surprised by everything!

After experiencing the awesomness of being surprised by a few of my 'wish songs' last tour, I'm in the camp of 'no peeking'. I love the anticipation of, "That was awesome! What song are they going to play next?" And I think I enjoy the 'standard' songs (Tom Sawyer, etc.) more when I don't know just when they'll be sneaking around the corner. ph34r.gif

And as for a pee break, well, that's what intermission is for, ain't it? Or maybe 'cuz I'm a girl there's less hassle, less crowd at the can. tongue.gif

But, some people just can't help themselves, they need to know exactly what songs they're in for!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No pee breaks. I make a play list of the set list and listen to it a few times before the show. I really enjoy listening for all the details during the concert after running through my play list a few times.

No peeking for me- I'm going to opening night! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 18 2012, 10:38 PM)
No pee breaks. I make a play list of the set list and listen to it a few times before the show. I really enjoy listening for all the details during the concert after running through my play list a few times.

I kinda like this idea - having a pre-concert play list. Except with me I'd probably make this compilation after the concert... but I guess that would be a little redundant with the (hopefully) inevitable live album release.... I think listening to the entire concert setlist several times before the show would make the concert itself not so fresh and exciting? Though this is also a really good way to make sure you know all the words to the songs and can sing along with Geddy! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 18 2012, 11:41 PM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 18 2012, 10:39 PM)
No peeking for me- I'm going to opening night!  1022.gif

Congrats we'll be hanging on your every tweet!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I don't tweet- I'm not a twit! tongue.gif

I'll be rocking out/weeping with joy/singing along to every word- someone in the nosebleeds can text/post on TRF or RIAB smile.gif

I typically like seeing the setlist before going - mostly because if there is an oldie but goodie on there I have not listened to in a while, I can go back and "study" it before the show laugh.gif But really, there are some songs and albums I hardly listen too (Caress of Steel) and it's good to revisit them before hearing them live.

But, I am attending opening night for CA, so unless there is a set list leak from insiders, I won't know it until I hear it.

The only other time I did not know the setlist was my first show ever, on the Vapor Trails tour. I reserved that surprise experience for that time. It was easier to avoid in 2004 too... Ever since then, I peak to see what it is.

Last tour, I was in line with my Marathon sign and I spoiled it for the person in front of me who didn't want to know any of the songs being played. Whoops!..

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 19 2012, 12:41 PM)
Last tour, I was in line with my Marathon sign and I spoiled it for the person in front of me who didn't want to know any of the songs being played. Whoops!..

What was your "Marathon" sign?!

I don't want/need to know the setlist. I like being surprised. I'll be at the 2nd show, so it shouldn't be too hard to avoid seeing it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:51 AM)
I don't want/need to know the setlist.  I like being surprised.  I'll be at the 2nd show, so it shouldn't be too hard to avoid seeing it  biggrin.gif

Yeah I think you can make it!

yes.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 19 2012, 01:50 PM)
I never, ever read setlists for Rush shows.

I love to be surprised, I don't take planned pee-breaks during the show, and I don't dislike any songs.

So, absolutely no reason to do so.

Well the only reason I do is that I have two younger ones tagging along to RUSH shows now and I know that the more they know the songs on the set list the more they enjoy the concert. So I'll look at the set list come September and make a Double CD of the set list and play it in my car until November 3rd! I think they'll know it by then. They already know every song on CA so it shouldn't be a stretch!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I love to be surprised, I don't take planned pee-breaks during the show, and I don't dislike any songs.

I do both... or, have done both. I honestly think I like the show better not knowing what is coming... and that has been my way the last 3 shows I have gone to.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 19 2012, 02:54 PM)

Well the only reason I do is that I have two younger ones tagging along to RUSH shows now and I know that the more they know the songs on the set list the more they enjoy the concert. So I'll look at the set list come September and make a Double CD of the set list and play it in my car until November 3rd! I think they'll know it by then. They already know every song on CA so it shouldn't be a stretch!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Yes, I understand that part.

I did the same thing for my little cousin for his first show back on the S&A Tour. I made him a double CD with the setlist in order. He liked it alot.

I always do