Sick of the circlejerk around here.

Alchemical

You know you've stumbled upon a circlejerk online when one cannot even express his opinion that may differ from the norm without being lambasted as a dissenter (Read: Troll), or not a "real" RUSH fan. Look, we all dig RUSH, that's why we're here right? But, believe it or not, some of us on here DON'T like the album, and what's so wrong with that? Not everyone is bound to orgasm over CA. Me personally? I dig it but I'm not completely blown away. I've given it six listens and it's adequate, even very good, but it's not a masterpiece in my opinion. IN. MY. OPINION. Got that?

I'm just sick of the diminutive minority on here who have legit reason to dislike the album getting shut down by boisterous fanboyism. Let people hold their opinions, kay? I don't see how it is personally affecting you.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like it. It's not their best I agree. I think they've hit their mark a long time ago.

If somebody doesn't like an album, it doesn't bother me in the least.

Some opinions are worded in a manner that will receive negative attention like this thread you just started. No one is going to stop you from having your opinion and if you can't handle criticism of your opinion or the manner it is delivered then I suggest not posting them.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 13 2012, 10:36 PM)
Some opinions are worded in a manner that will receive negative attention like this thread you just started. No one is going to stop you from having your opinion and if you can't handle criticism of your opinion or the manner it is delivered then I suggest not posting them.

Oh I can handle criticism. I've just noticed others hating on the folks who aren't too keen on CA and never vice versa. It's not exactly fair that I (And a few others) have to stifle my opinion or else it gets stomped on by the vocal fanboys.

QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Jun 13 2012, 10:43 PM)
People need extremity in order to have an opinion. You find it in politics and all over the place. It seems like having a moderate/balanced opinion is lost in today's world. Everyone is either worshiping the album or tearing it down...and with little support to back up what they say...smh confused13.gif

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 13 2012, 10:21 PM)
You know you've stumbled upon a circlejerk online when one cannot even express his opinion that may differ from the norm without being lambasted as a dissenter (Read: Troll), or not a "real" RUSH fan. Look, we all dig RUSH, that's why we're here right? But, believe it or not, some of us on here DON'T like the album, and what's so wrong with that? Not everyone is bound to orgasm over CA. Me personally? I dig it but I'm not completely blown away. I've given it six listens and it's adequate, even very good, but it's not a masterpiece in my opinion. IN. MY. OPINION. Got that?

I'm just sick of the diminutive minority on here who have legit reason to dislike the album getting shut down by boisterous fanboyism. Let people hold their opinions, kay? I don't see how it is personally affecting you.

No Problem here. I like hearing different opinions. And trust me, I know how you feel. I could not get into Vapor Trails or Snakes and arrows. I liked about 5 songs on snakes but does not flow as an album for me and much too repetitive. So I must say I am into the new disc and love the flow overall. IMHO.

QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Jun 13 2012, 10:48 PM)

No Problem here. I like hearing different opinions. And trust me, I know how you feel. I could not get into Vapor Trails or Snakes and arrows. I liked about 5 songs on snakes but does not flow as an album for me and much too repetitive. So I must say I am into the new disc and love the flow overall. IMHO.

You must be a fanboi! Shut up, and let us wallow in negativity! 1287.gif

Kidding. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 13 2012, 08:21 PM)

Yep, it's a Forum and you're going to get lots of varying opinions. That's what this place is for.

People are passionate about their bands and they're not afraid to let the world know.

I love Clockwork Angels and think it's one of the greatest works Rush have ever produced. Not a "fanboi" response. It's seriously very well-written music. A lot of effort was put into this record and it shows. Big time.

But if you just think it's okay there's nothing wrong with that.

Not everybody loves Beethoven and Mozart, right? wink.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 13 2012, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Jun 13 2012, 10:43 PM)
People need extremity in order to have an opinion. You find it in politics and all over the place. It seems like having a moderate/balanced opinion is lost in today's world. Everyone is either worshiping the album or tearing it down...and with little support to back up what they say...smh  confused13.gif

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

Hey!! Great thread!!! I bashed the new record last night after one listening but I am truly coming around! Is it a masterpiece? Hell no but I love at least half of the record thus far!!

Believe me, I sure as hell am not a RUSH TROLL but I do love to stir the pot on here! Simply for entertaining purposes of course!!

Fukk I've seen Rush 51 times since I was 16 years old! I guess I have no Rush street cred! HAHAHAHA!

By the way, I absolutely love The Circle Jerks!!!!

In Rush Always,

"AMERICAN HEAVY METAL WEEKEND"

1022.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 13 2012, 10:50 PM)

Kidding. tongue.gif

Well, the mercury years are still the best wink.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 13 2012, 11:40 PM)
Some opinions are worded in a manner that will receive negative attention like this thread you just started.  No one is going to stop you from having your opinion and if you can't handle criticism of your opinion or the manner it is delivered then I suggest not posting them.

Oh I can handle criticism. I've just noticed others hating on the folks who aren't too keen on CA and never vice versa. It's not exactly fair that I (And a few others) have to stifle my opinion or else it gets stomped on by the vocal fanboys.

As I posted earlier in a different thread there may be a history behind the replies you are reading that you may be unaware of. What you are seeing as an overreaction to one post may be a reaction to a series of posts going back some time.

I always think it is interesting how Rush fans are so different from almost any other band. Two people rarely hear the same things. SO many different musical styles throughout their long career brings many types of ears to the fold.

Most bands have a certain style, sway from it, then go back to it when it is too late tongue.gif

But Rush music can appeal to others, even when I do not get it.

QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Jun 13 2012, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 13 2012, 10:50 PM)

Kidding. tongue.gif

Well, the mercury years are still the best wink.gif biggrin.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 13 2012, 09:44 PM)
You're on a RUSH FAN site and you expect contrary opinions to be received well? C'mon.. really? Really?

A true fan will NOT always bow down and worship every single thing that they put out. The majority of the body of their work? Yes. Every last drop? I would hope not.

For example. Fly By Night is like chalk screeching against a chalkboard. Does that make me any less of a fan? I don't believe so.

Even Rush themselves don't like every single thing they've put out. Tai Shan, for example.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 13 2012, 10:40 PM)
Some opinions are worded in a manner that will receive negative attention like this thread you just started.  No one is going to stop you from having your opinion and if you can't handle criticism of your opinion or the manner it is delivered then I suggest not posting them.

Aww.. did you get stomped? laugh.gif Maybe you need a break from TRF. There's a honeymoon phase in full effect, and justly so. It's an amazing album. Try a VH forum for a while. This place will be back to normal in a while. Now dry your eyes already. :kleenex:

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jun 14 2012, 05:02 AM)

Yep, it's a Forum and you're going to get lots of varying opinions. That's what this place is for.

People are passionate about their bands and they're not afraid to let the world know.

You are missing his point completely yet your reply actually reinforces it.

wink.gif