Clockwork Angels cover artwork -disappointing!

treeduck

Do you like the CA cover artwork?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the CA cover artwork?

• 1 I love it - it's better than I could have imagined!
    • 2 It's f***ing abysmal, a putrid red mess, a swiring cloud of crimson meh!
    • 3 I think it's pretty good, simple and powerful, just what was required
    • 4 It's pretty piss poor, slap dash and unimaginative, like VT and S&A
    • 5 Well, it's not that good, but I don't care, it's the music that counts
    • 6 The music counts alright, but why not have an incredible stunning cover?
    • 7 It's just barely passable almost decent, I'd prefer something else, ah well
    • 8 Yes it is another Hold Your Fire, like Hugh was stuck and used his old idea
    • 9 I like red and that's the only reason I like it
    • 10 I don't care about the artwork
    • 11 I hated it at first but it's grown on me, it's not great artwork, but it works
    • 12 Blarrrrgggh!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 9 2012, 05:08 AM)
It's Hold Your Fire II without the balls

They put them on HYF's cover to make up for the music's lack of balls...they even added a spare! biggrin.gif

(to be fair to HYF, there are some intense parts in several songs)

It's fine, it is what it is. smile.gif

A more pertinent question is, what have you done to the Royal Mail? This is not the first time you've been let down by the UK postal service.

Don't tell me, you bit the postman, being a rabid duck an' all....that's some pretty bad shit.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 9 2012, 01:06 PM)
Luckily for those of you who don't like the artwork you don't have to listen to it.

Well, even if I didn't like the artwork, I'd still listen to it, so no worries there..! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jun 9 2012, 08:14 AM)
Luckily for those of you who don't like the artwork you don't have to listen to it.

Well, even if I didn't like the artwork, I'd still listen to it, so no worries there..! biggrin.gif

you'd listen to the artwork?

thats a nifty trick rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 9 2012, 01:28 PM)

I meant I'd still listen to the album..! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 9 2012, 07:28 AM)

Yeah, pictures can say a lot of things. You mean to tell me you've never heard any talk to you before? cool10.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 9 2012, 07:52 AM)

Yeah, pictures can say a lot of things. You mean to tell me you've never heard any talk to you before? cool10.gif

rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

In terms with comparing it to the actually story. I feel the artwork actually fits almost perfectly. Clockwork Angels is kind of a darker story for Rush. And the dark red in the background with the swirling effect represents the chaos and lack of order in the music and the story. The clock represents, of course, the "Clockwork" Angels. Whilst the different symbols are elements. Plus, the actual time on the clock is just fun. 9:12...Which is Neil's birthday and 21:12 in military time. I give massive props to the artwork. Edited by ShlappinDahBass

QUOTE (Xanaseb @ Jun 9 2012, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 9 2012, 07:52 AM)

rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

laugh.gif

I am the lone voter for choice #12. . . I think it's okay. It's definitely not one of their winners. I happen to think Vapor Trails and Snakes and Arrows' artwork is MUCH better than this one's!

However, I do love the alchemy symbols and the slightly subtle allusion to "2112." But the fact remains that Hugh Syme has done MUCH better work in the past.

Compared to the music? Yes its disappointing, but after listening to the music and looking at the cover I think it suits it overall. Still a little disappointed by it, but better than Snakes and Arrows both musically and the cover! 653.gif

QUOTE (deslock @ Jun 9 2012, 05:51 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 9 2012, 05:08 AM)
It's Hold Your Fire II without the balls

They put them on HYF's cover to make up for the music's lack of balls...they even added a spare! biggrin.gif

(to be fair to HYF, there are some intense parts in several songs)

It might not have balls, but it has a big.....

Clock!

I've not heard the album yet so I don't know how it fits with the themes of the music. But based on judging the artwork on its own merits, I like it well enough. Although I've said before that I would have loved the picture with the two hands to have the cover.