Purchased at Retail!

Barry

A local record store in my area began selling the CD yesterday, and I got my copy. I paid $16.99, but I supported a local shop and I got it 6 days early so I couldn't be happier!

I've listened all the way through 3 so far, totally loving the album!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 8 2012, 09:39 PM)
Lucky, I asked a guy at a music shop in West Virginia about it and he got pissed at me. "THAT'S A $50,000 FINE!!"

psh

I called my local Best Buy since I saw people here getting it at their local record stores, and they said they had it in stock and it was $10, so stupid me, I went down to the store and THEN they clarified that they couldn't sell it to me. I was NOT happy, as the store wasn't really that close. Honestly, if I had any clue that the fan packs would arrive before June 12th, I probably would have just paid the extra money for one. The only reason I didn't was I thought they wouldn't be sent UNTIL June 12th and then it would take a week or more to arrive from the UK, and I knew I would have a hard time waiting after the album already came out. Oh well, live and learn. I'm glad people are getting around the system and getting them early, but be grateful - not all of us have had the same luck.

Lmao. Lucky guy. I asked HMV, I only have big stores near me. It went something like this:

Sooooo uhhh you guys got the new Rush CD yet?

Guy: Ummm it comes out June 12th I believe, let me check..yep June 12th.

So you can't sell me a copy right now?

Guy....*looks at me for a few seconds with a suspicious face* It comes out June 12th....

LoL. They SO had copies of that shit in there. Sigh*

QUOTE (Barry @ Jun 9 2012, 03:28 AM)
A local record store in my area began selling the CD yesterday, and I got my copy. I paid $16.99, but I supported a local shop and I got it 6 days early so I couldn't be happier!

Good man Barry! Support your local music store! There's only a few left.... sad.gif

QUOTE (fordgt99 @ Jun 9 2012, 07:44 AM)
Maybe it's just me but there's no way I'd pay more than $12 for a cd just to support a local store. Might be a reason why so few exist.

Being able to get it a week early, I felt it was worth the extra cash...and I do like supporting local shops...it's a great place filled with used records and CD's as well as new stuff and imports, boots, etc. I dont buy all my music there, I also love a great deal...but I try and do my part to support the local guys, gotta help keep those kinda places in business.

Edited by Barry

QUOTE (Barry @ Jun 9 2012, 07:36 AM)
Maybe it's just me but there's no way I'd pay more than $12 for a cd just to support a local store. Might be a reason why so few exist.

Being able to get it a week early, I felt it was worth the extra cash...and I do like supporting local shops...it's a great place filled with used records and CD's as well as new stuff and imports, boots, etc. I dont buy all my music there, I also love a great deal...but I try and do my part to support the local guys, gotta help keep those kinda places in business.

If local businesses can't provide value to compete with the big box stores and the online Amazons of the world, then they don't deserve to survive. Romanticizing the small local business is just that: romanticizing. And if people would just be creative, they can think of ways to compete - too often, local retailers don't want to change their business model at all, so they complain that they have an unfair disadvantage.

It sounds like this store is aces, though. You paid a bit extra, but the value is that you got your album nearly a week early. That's the kind of thing that keeps customers loyal. My compliments to the owner.

QUOTE (UltimoGuitarist @ Jun 9 2012, 03:04 AM)
Lmao. Lucky guy. I asked HMV, I only have big stores near me. It went something like this:

Sooooo uhhh you guys got the new Rush CD yet?

Guy: Ummm it comes out June 12th I believe, let me check..yep June 12th.

So you can't sell me a copy right now?

Guy....*looks at me for a few seconds with a suspicious face* It comes out June 12th....

LoL. They SO had copies of that shit in there. Sigh*

Same with my experience with Best Buy. I understand people are just "doing their jobs," but to know they have the thing in their store and won't sell it to you makes me want to stab them through the heart with a fork. wink.gif

Comes out on the 12th,and the 12th my wife and kids leave on a trip...leaving me at home alone. Can you guess what I'll be doing for two days?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 9 2012, 08:47 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Jun 9 2012, 07:45 AM)
Comes out on the 12th,and the 12th my wife and kids leave on a trip...leaving me at home alone.  Can you guess what I'll be doing for two days?

mastrubating?

...and the thread took a turn...

In the spring of 1988 I walked in a Coconuts( rip) and asked the kid behind the counter , " did you get the new Iron Maiden on yet, knowing it would not be out for 4 days. He said "yeah, it 's in the back but it comes out on Tuesday, I said, You can't sell it to me now ? He says, Sure $50. I told him to scratch laugh.gif You can find people to do it under the table , you just have to look And have cash

Hi! I live in PA (USA) and have received my fantastic fan pack, however, upon reading the credits, it lists "Band portrait by Andrew MacNaughtan." Yet other than the band portrait on the magazine that is part of the fan pack, I see no band portrait in the actual CD contents. Thus, my question is, is there a band portrait in the retail version? Just curious what the differences may be between the fan pack version and the retail version. Any band pics in the 2LP? Does the 2LP have picture inner bags? Loving CA by the way!

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond, much appreciated.

First post! biggrin.gif

Nice to be here!

T

I work in electronics at Target. A lot of street date stuff doesn't even ring up in our system until the day it can be sold. One of our team members put diablo 3 (immensely popular video game) out 2 days before it was sold and when someone tried to buy it, the system wouldn't let them.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 8 2012, 11:58 PM)
Lucky, I asked a guy at a music shop in West Virginia about it and he got pissed at me. "THAT'S A $50,000 FINE!!"

psh

I called my local Best Buy since I saw people here getting it at their local record stores, and they said they had it in stock and it was $10, so stupid me, I went down to the store and THEN they clarified that they couldn't sell it to me. I was NOT happy, as the store wasn't really that close. Honestly, if I had any clue that the fan packs would arrive before June 12th, I probably would have just paid the extra money for one. The only reason I didn't was I thought they wouldn't be sent UNTIL June 12th and then it would take a week or more to arrive from the UK, and I knew I would have a hard time waiting after the album already came out. Oh well, live and learn. I'm glad people are getting around the system and getting them early, but be grateful - not all of us have had the same luck.

Still believing in fairy tales I see!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 9 2012, 08:23 AM)

psh

tongue.gif

The guy told me on the phone it was available. I took him at his word. When I got to the store, they wouldn't back it up. I guess the customer isn't always right at Best Buy. I told them they'd be losing a customer for life, and they really didn't seem to care. Lovely.

Got my fan pack this morning and I was piss#d that the rest of the world seemed to be getting theirs before us Brits.

Don't know if you have got yours yet Rush Goober but be patient it is well worth the wait and the piss#d off-ness goes away with the opening chords tongue.gif

Edited by BU4B

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 9 2012, 11:29 AM)

psh

tongue.gif

The guy told me on the phone it was available. I took him at his word. When I got to the store, they wouldn't back it up. I guess the customer isn't always right at Best Buy. I told them they'd be losing a customer for life, and they really didn't seem to care. Lovely.

It's ok, they're going out of business anyways

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 9 2012, 09:22 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 9 2012, 11:29 AM)

psh

tongue.gif

It's ok, they're going out of business anyways

Are they really?

Seriously?

You know, you can't take it $$ with you.

QUOTE (Barry @ Jun 8 2012, 10:28 PM)

Can you post some pics of the retail version? smile.gif

T