The Wreckers: Favorite Part(s)

Digitallware

I love "The Wreckers" it feels so right and if Geddy plays it live I'll definitely get emotional because I can FEEL the emotion in the lyrics:

All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary

Of the miracle to get to the truth

All I know is that sometimes the truth is contrary

Everything in life you thought you knew...

Anyone else have a favorite part of this song?

Yup, the entire song itself. I haven't heard a song this melodic, catchy, etc. in a long time. Is it perfect? Nope because anything can be improved, but with that said it's arrangement is pretty damn close, especially for Rush's modern sound. The chorus makes me smile every time as does the middle section. Edited by GUP1771

"All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary

Of a miracle too good to be true

All I know is that sometimes the truth is contrary

Everything in life you thought you knew

All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary

'Cause sometimes the target is you..."

I wish I heard this before falling for my ex gf... tongue.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jun 6 2012, 04:58 PM)
I hate it alot..

Oh thank God! For a second I wasn't sure I was on the right forum! biggrin.gif

Edited by Merely Space

Dont love the kind of typical sounding intro I feel like ive heard many other bands do before, or the verses much, but really like the melodic chorus and the middle section.

What Im realizing with these songs is all of them except Wish Them Well has parts in them I like and parts that I dont like, except BU2B which I like straight through.

I love the whole song. Alex's part right before the first verse is really good but that chorus, my gods that effing chorus is great. It's sung so well and the lyrics are very powerful in it. After listening to the album for the first time this was the song I replayed again right away. I just had to hear that chorus again to make sure that when I heard it the first time that I really experienced the greatness I thought I did. The song just gets better with each listen. This song and the title track are my two favorite songs on the album.

QUOTE (av450 @ Jun 6 2012, 07:09 PM)
I hate the opening riff. I find it takes away from the song and just doesn't fit in.

I agree, although I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it, but I think it's probably the weakest part and I don't think it fits in that well either.

yeah but sometimes dull and nothing special is desired effect, the intro does indeed sound like it could have opened countless other songs but i'm sure the band aware of that too... i like the ordinariness Rush have planted into their music at times it's a sign of maturity and accentuates the different and special parts Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Jun 6 2012, 06:32 PM)
yeah but sometimes dull and nothing special is desired effect, the intro does indeed sound like it could have opened countless other songs but i'm sure the band aware of that too

The dull is a nice contrast to the more melodic parts....I like the use of contrast within a song as it can amplify the impact of a desired section.

Edited by Gedneil Alpeart

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jun 6 2012, 06:34 PM)
I think Wreckers is solid, but there are at least 4 songs on the album that are superior IMO.

after the initial instant attraction for the garden and seven cities of gold, tracks like the wreckers and the anarchist are starting to move into focus for me... this is just overall a superb album

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Jun 6 2012, 06:32 PM)
yeah but sometimes dull and nothing special is desired effect, the intro does indeed sound like it could have opened countless other songs but i'm sure the band aware of that too... i like the ordinariness Rush have planted into their music at times it's a sign of maturity and accentuates the different and special parts

You read my mind....just posted what you wrote without seeing it first. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Jun 6 2012, 06:37 PM)
I think Wreckers is solid, but there are at least 4 songs on the album that are superior IMO.

after the initial instant attraction for the garden and seven cities of gold, tracks like the wreckers and the anarchist are starting to move into focus for me... this is just overall a superb album

It is, isnt it? 1022.gif

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Jun 6 2012, 06:37 PM)

Agreed. theres so much good material to listen to i find myself with a different favorite song with each go round.

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (av450 @ Jun 6 2012, 06:09 PM)
I hate the opening riff. I find it takes away from the song and just doesn't fit in.

Yeah agree. It's really awkward when they go back into it out of the chorus. Really doesnt flow well so it seems like they could have just gone straight into the verses instead. Feels like one of those bridge parts that sometimes are needed to connect 2 very different parts, I just dont think its needed here.