Favorite song so far?

SchemingDemon

Which is your favorite after your first couple listens?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite after your first couple listens?

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities of Gold
    • BU2B2
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • Wish Them Well
    • The Garden

Wow, nobody has made this poll yet? Which song is your initial favorite, after your first couple listens?

The Garden has REALLY stuck out to me since the first 30 sec clip, the full song is just magnificent. Easily my 'first' favorite song from CA. My god, I cannot wait to hear this one live biggrin.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seven Cities Of MOTHERF*CKING Gold!!!

I haven't air drummed this hard since Tool released 10,000 Days! no.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

This is impossible right now. It's between these:

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

Anarchist

Wreckers

Headlong Flight

Garden

My fav musical passage without a doubt is the last 3 minutes of the Garden. Goosebumps every single time.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 5 2012, 02:17 AM)
"The Garden" but Title track a close second - I can't remember a song moving me emotionally like the Garden did or maybe i'm just getting old old.gif

Well I'm 25 and feel the same way, so I don't think age has anything to do with it. It's a great song!!

Alright, the Garden is seriously starting to grow on me right now.

Can't believe I thought it was just middling on first listen.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 5 2012, 12:30 AM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 5 2012, 02:22 AM)
Alright, the Garden is seriously starting to grow on me right now.

Can't believe I thought it was just middling on first listen.

cool10.gif

Not even! laugh.gif I wish I had an excuse for ignoring this gem of a song!

It's funny, because Caravan and BU2B still may be my two favorites from the album, but I'm just so pumped about the new songs that there's no way I'd vote for either.... biggrin.gif

But seriously, every song on here is so unique and different and interesting.... it's hard to choose.

Edited by CrossedSignals

Amazing all the love The Garden is getting. If all of us would have heard 3 months ago that the softest song on the record featuring strings and piano will be the best song on CA we would have been like WTF? The record must suck. LOL But that's how good The Garden is.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 5 2012, 02:36 AM)
Amazing all the love The Garden is getting. If all of us would have heard 3 months ago that the softest song on the record featuring strings and piano will be the best song on CA we would have been like WTF? The record must suck. LOL But that's how good The Garden is.

Haha yeah all the haterbois here would have had a FIELD DAY for weeks.. I'm so glad that wasn't the case

That probably has something to do with something I'm also experiencing right now, which is that I'm tending to only think about the purely new songs, meaning leaving Caravan, BU2B and even Headlong Flight out of most considerations of the album right now. I need to get it into my head that it's all part of the same album and think of it as a whole, and consider the songs we already had on equal footing. I enjoyed having the early taste of the album, but now a part of me is wishing they'd never released any of the songs before.

QUOTE (Flying Finn @ Jun 5 2012, 03:47 AM)
I voted The Garden but wtf Caravan zero votes!? I know it's been around two years but it's a classic of modern Rush era.

I think it's just because people have listened to it too much. They are gravitating toward the new stuff right now. Even Headlong Flight is not getting as much love as a month ago because we played it time and again.

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Jun 5 2012, 03:56 AM)
That probably has something to do with something I'm also experiencing right now, which is that I'm tending to only think about the purely new songs, meaning leaving Caravan, BU2B and even Headlong Flight out of most considerations of the album right now. I need to get it into my head that it's all part of the same album and think of it as a whole, and consider the songs we already had on equal footing. I enjoyed having the early taste of the album, but now a part of me is wishing they'd never released any of the songs before.

goodpost.gif

The title track. I'm surprised to see The Garden leading the vote and by such a wide margin to. It's a good song and a very nice way to end the album but there are a number of songs on the album that I would rank above it.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 5 2012, 01:56 AM)
QUOTE (Flying Finn @ Jun 5 2012, 03:47 AM)
I voted The Garden but wtf Caravan zero votes!? I know it's been around two years but it's a classic of modern Rush era.

I think it's just because people have listened to it too much. They are gravitating toward the new stuff right now. Even Headlong Flight is not getting as much love as a month ago because we played it time and again.

That's why these polls so early in the game are so inaccurate. Do this in a year and you'll get more objective results with some perspective and cooler heads.

Still, it's obvious that Clockwork Angels and The Garden are two of the most popular songs on the album. yes.gif

I had to vote for the title track...although I'm REALLY digging Carnies, The Wreckers, Seven Cities, and The Garden, as well. Oh, and Headlong Flight is still bad-ass...HARD TO CHOOSE! ph34r.gif