Favorite song so far?

SchemingDemon

Which is your favorite after your first couple listens?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite after your first couple listens?

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities of Gold
    • BU2B2
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • Wish Them Well
    • The Garden

I've only gone through it 3 times so its hard to pick a fav. Right now its somewhere between these:

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

The Garden

Goes to show how deep this album is considering the compositions!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Garden is awesome IMHO. Of course, we just had a death in the family and the whole "its a measure of a life..." is really hitting me. But I think I would have loved the song even if I wasnt going through this at the moment. I still love Caravan, BU2B and Headlong Flight but as the other have said, I am concentrating on the "new" songs.

"The Garden" no question about it. One of the very best songs they have ever written. This song is so hypnotic and emotionally potent. Like so many past classics--Bravado and the acoustic version of Resist come immediately to mind, but also The Pass, Available Light, Middletown Dreams. However the flavor is fresh, so restrained and controlled. Imagine if My Favorite Headache had been a RUSH album. And after all these years of keyboards, thank you Ged for just some clean simple unaffected piano.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 5 2012, 02:17 AM)
"The Garden" but Title track a close second - I can't remember a song moving me emotionally like the Garden did or maybe i'm just getting old old.gif

yes same here, i don't know if the band have done a better song...

QUOTE (Hiding in plain sight @ Jun 5 2012, 01:30 PM)
"The Garden" no question about it. One of the very best songs they have ever written. This song is so hypnotic and emotionally potent. Like so many past classics--Bravado and the acoustic version of Resist come immediately to mind, but also The Pass, Available Light, Middletown Dreams. However the flavor is fresh, so restrained and controlled. Imagine if My Favorite Headache had been a RUSH album. And after all these years of keyboards, thank you Ged for just some clean simple unaffected piano.

yes.gif The piano in this song is so simple, yet so beautiful

After hearing the whole album, I still feel that my favorite track is Headlong Flight... it just rocks! 1022.gif

However, if I had to pick one of the songs that hasn't been "officially" released yet, it is a toss-up between Seven Cities of Gold and Clockwork Angels...

after hearing it all today, I am stoked and can't wait to see them! November 1 is too far away!!!

Edited by rushbass

For now I'm still going with BU2B. I think the song is actually better now and I loved it before. I think the way the song crashes in as the new intro fades out just adds to the intensity. I'm not sure how this already great song got better, but it did....

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 5 2012, 09:24 AM)
Still BU2B. It will be hard for any of the songs to ever beat that for me personally

If you take the 3 already out out of the equation I'd say The Anarchist...as goober said, give it a few months and revisit

My choice as well. If I follow your logic of removing the most familiar three, then it would be a dead heat between The Garden and the title track for me.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 5 2012, 09:33 PM)
For now I'm still going with BU2B. I think the song is actually better now and I loved it before. I think the way the song crashes in as the new intro fades out just adds to the intensity. I'm not sure how this already great song got better, but it did....

My thoughts exactly! I loved BU2B already, but the album version is KILLER!!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 6 2012, 01:01 AM)
So according to this poll, the top 3 are:

1 The Garden
2 Clockwork Angels
3 The Wreckers

And the real stinker is Wish Them Well with 0 votes...

th1245.gif

Not a stinker at all in my view. I love it. It sounds like a combination of Big Wheel from RTB with a long Counterparts type solo section. It's not my fav by any stretch but for a supposed weak song I think it's pretty darn good.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 6 2012, 01:01 AM)
So according to this poll, the top 3 are:

1 The Garden
2 Clockwork Angels
3 The Wreckers

And the real stinker is Wish Them Well with 0 votes...

th1245.gif

I like that tune (just heard it before getting to work), but I can't EVER see that song ascending to "best of album" for me. Not if I lived 100 more years. It's fine enough, but there are far better ones.

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Jun 5 2012, 03:56 AM)
That probably has something to do with something I'm also experiencing right now, which is that I'm tending to only think about the purely new songs, meaning leaving Caravan, BU2B and even Headlong Flight out of most considerations of the album right now. I need to get it into my head that it's all part of the same album and think of it as a whole, and consider the songs we already had on equal footing. I enjoyed having the early taste of the album, but now a part of me is wishing they'd never released any of the songs before.

My thoughts too.

My vote goes for Clockwork Angels but the whole thing is great!