Expectations Lowered or Raised, or Didn't Change?

Shredder2

How has your expectations changed?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. How has your expectations changed?

• They were lowered. I'm not as excited anymore, for now.
    • They were raised. I'm PUMPED!
    • They didn't change at all. I could careless with these lousy threads at the moment.
    • I listened to the Walmart clips, and I'm NOT touching those new clips.
    • I listened to the new clips, but not the Walmart clips, so I have no clue...
    • I never listened to the clips. I'm waiting to enjoy CA in it's full galore.
    • treeduck here! For once, I'm a poll option. (Tables has turned.)

HAHAHAHA!

2 days ago people were mentioning the need to pleasure themselves after hearing 30 second clips with zero context and little to no further information about the tracks... today the emergency rooms are filled up tight with RUSH fans with broken ankles.

People.. you're hearing 30 second snippets with NO CONTEXT.

Anybody who says they are disappointed or absolutely thrilled is fooling themselves by projecting their own image into the mix.

Wait until the entire album is out before you pass any judgements.

There is no possible way of knowing what each song is about until you hear them fully.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to it once and didn't care much for what I heard. I voted that my expectations were lowered. But I started to listen to it again, and I have more hope. I think I judged it a little too soon. I'd like to bring myself back to the neutral zone I was already in.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 3 2012, 12:16 PM)
I listened to it once and didn't care much for what I heard. I voted that my expectations were lowered. But I started to listen to it again, and I have more hope. I think I judged it a little too soon. I'd like to bring myself back to the neutral zone I was already in.

it's too late you already crossed the line. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 3 2012, 11:37 AM)
I'm a sucker for metal, unlike the majority of the old farts who just want Perm Waves part 2. Perhaps being a newer fan (1996) has it's merits. So glad i'm not grumpy and detest the new stuff.

tell ya what, i'm a serious nu rush kinda guy (who also deeply appreciates the vintage stuff by the way) but everything after moving pictures is sweet by me, however....

gimme Waves pt II any freakin time please smile.gif

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Jun 3 2012, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 3 2012, 11:37 AM)
I'm a sucker for metal, unlike the majority of the old farts who just want Perm Waves part 2. Perhaps being a newer fan (1996) has it's merits. So glad i'm not grumpy and detest the new stuff.

tell ya what, i'm a serious nu rush kinda guy (who also deeply appreciates the vintage stuff by the way) but everything after moving pictures is sweet by me, however....

gimme Waves pt II any freakin time please smile.gif

I mean, obviously, I would fap furiously if this had a Perm Waves vibe. But it doesn't and i'm perfectly fine with that. laugh.gif

I -still- haven't touched those new clips!

call me mentally insane wacko.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 3 2012, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jun 3 2012, 10:35 AM)
Mine were lowered after hearing the second set of clips.

same here....quite a bit actually....

me too. I'll allow myself to hear the whole album, more than once mind you, before rendering a complete judgement.

It's a 30 sec clip people , everyone will be ok

it's funny but, i just gave the first set of clips another listen for the first time since the second ones came out and...

my expectations suddenly rocketed up again smile.gif

the clips sound bad on youtube and quite better on the italian site. Play them on the italian site and you will hear the difference.The bump in sound quality on the cd will obviously be substantial, moreso than the official youtube video of Headlong flight and the mp3 was.

I was dissapointed like most when i heard these clips on youtube then excited when i played the Clockwork Angels clip on the italian site cuz it sounds better but again it's 30 secs. I remember when i heard geddys voice on the HF youtube vid, it sounded really low in the mix then when i got the mp3 that was not the case so it's really hard to judge the songs based on this.

Let me the first to predict that with 53% of the people saying their expectations were lowered (I'm assuming especially after the 2nd set of clips), that there's going to be a lot of backlash once this album comes out. I know a lot of people are predicting best album since Moving Pictures or best album since people started banging rocks together, but if we get 53% of people thinking 30 seconds in the middle of the songs lowered their expectations ONE DAY AFTER THEM BEING RELEASED, there's going to be a lot of disaffected fans with this album.

I'm not saying this is good or bad, just an observation. I'm still hoping to love some songs, and doubtlessly many people will love all of it, but I'm definitely seeing more than the seeds of discontent being sewn. Certainly it won't have the VT-like backlash, but easily at least at the level of S&A-like backlash.

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 3 2012, 02:14 PM)
it won't have the VT-like backlash

The only VT backlash was for the mixing/mastering job.

Your personal vendetta against an album does not constitute a backlash... no.gif

I have to admit I wasn't so impressed with the second batch of clips. Maybe my expectations were raised too high after hearing the other ones, but now that they've been lowered I'll hopefully like the full album more than I may have done if I had only heard the first batch of mainly intros...

QUOTE (Analog_Bro @ Jun 3 2012, 02:15 PM)
Just as exited as I was before, I really love what I have heard so far

Grammar Nazi time! smash.gif

'excited' not 'exited'

bolt.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

I can't wait to hear the album in full!

Keep in mind that for all the clips, there are probably parts in the songs that either sound totally different or provide a context to the clip that will make more sense, so I am still really exited

Plus there will most likely be some more awesome bridges and solo sections smile.gif