I am going out on a limb here...

vital signz

If you played the first 30 seconds of each Rush song all the way back to The 80's I doubt there would be such a reaction from each of us to what we are hearing from Walmart here and even more interestingly, Chris's (MiTA) compilation of how incredible this sounds and how well the songs flow given the theme and intros to each song.

It is more exciting to me to hear this than any other album I can remember.

Maybe it won't happen, but I am predicting, yes, even with just these soundbites, that this album, with its theme and awesomeness that we are getting a peek into the window, will get a Grammy nod, and hell could win the best Rock Album of The Year.

I think the Grammy Awards are largely a joke mind you, but Rush may actually get something they have deserved all the way back since YYZ lost out on best instrumental to The Police's Behind My Camel.

I think they will clean up in all possible Awards out there this year.

This Clockwork Angels Tour will be unbelievable. Think of the possibilities with the theme here.

Cannot see it happening. There's just too many people that don't like Rush for them to get any sort of recognition on that big of a stage. Plus just so late in their careers now, if it didn't happen before it sure as hell isn't happening now.

I can picture the people on the Grammy board listening to those lyrics, the odd time signature changes, Geddy's voice and laughing at even considering them for a Grammy.

It would be nice for the band, but I'll bet they couldn't care less what anyone else thinks. We saw that in the 80s when everyone started jumping off the Rush bandwagon after Signals came out and people thought they were getting too far away from what made them great, and what did they do? They kept putting out new wave synth heavy albums just because they felt like it.

What we're reacting to is how deliciously HARD-ROCKING and PROGGY the songs seem.

When has the Grammies ever done right by HARD ROCK and PROGRESSIVE music??? confused13.gif

No nomination; no win.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 1 2012, 09:33 AM)
What we're reacting to is how deliciously HARD-ROCKING and PROGGY the songs seem.

When has the Grammies ever done right by HARD ROCK and PROGRESSIVE music??? confused13.gif

No nomination; no win.

yes.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 1 2012, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jun 1 2012, 09:57 AM)
No chance in hell, not because of the quality of the music but just because of who they are. Instant elimination.

^THIS

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 1 2012, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 1 2012, 07:20 AM)
cool10.gif

That's what I was thinking!

They'd get into the RRHOF before they won a grammy.

The only grammy they have a shot at is "best pre-album 30 second clips on Walmart's website."

they'd lose to Ian Anderson's Thick As A Brick II

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 1 2012, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 1 2012, 07:20 AM)
cool10.gif

That's what I was thinking!

They'd get into the RRHOF before they won a grammy.

The only grammy they have a shot at is "best pre-album 30 second clips on Walmart's website."

z7shysterical.gif

even if they were,nominated...they would have them on after the broadcast at ...or during commercial breaks.nice dream though!

2.gif

QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Jun 1 2012, 01:09 PM)
They're gonna be all like "who the hell is Rush?"

And why are they in such a hurry?....