May 29th

Gilbertk

Amazon still has the Japanese release of Clockwork Angels listed as being released on May 29th, and I would think that if this date was inaccurate, Amazon would have updated it by now. All the other listings have the correct date. I'm not sure why Japan is getting it THIS early.. I know Japan usually gets albums a week or so early. I can't decide if two weeks is about right or too soon, but if 5 days before the supposed release date, I would imagine that Amazon has the correct date.

I guess we'll find put in 5 days!

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ May 24 2012, 06:32 AM)
QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ May 24 2012, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (Alexmai @ May 24 2012, 06:12 AM)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007I2BZI...?ie=UTF8&n=5174

Is it worth another $30 to have it 2 weeks early?

Depends on how much you value bragging. wink.gif

If they get it two weeks early, that pretty much answers the question of when it will leak. Two weeks early.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 24 2012, 07:36 AM)

If they get it two weeks early, that pretty much answers the question of when it will leak. Two weeks early.

Could still leak before that too. Maybe this weekend.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 24 2012, 06:37 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 24 2012, 07:36 AM)

Could still leak before that too. Maybe this weekend.

True, true. I'll rephrase: at least two weeks early tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 24 2012, 05:34 AM)
I'm not sure why Japan is getting it THIS early......

It's due to the recent seismic activity deep under the Pacific, all along the Asian rim. The tectonic plates are extremely active, and they're expanding the International Dateline. As a result, Japan is more ahead of us than ever before...... wink.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 24 2012, 05:01 AM)
Amazon is usually pretty slow at updating things

Exactly, in fact in many cases they never update things after the initial "guesstimate" about release date and running times and such.

According to Amazon the R30 bluray is full screen and 90 minutes long. Why? Because that's the kind of boilerplate filler info they plug in when they first list stuff and in many cases they never change it.

I'm not saying that Japan won't get it early, it's entirely possible, but I sure wouldn't go by Amazon's info. Do you guys have any idea how many products they sell? They aren't going to go around and babysit every version of every product. Their info is usually "ballpark" at best. I love Amazon and order from them all the time but that's the reality.

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 24 2012, 08:01 AM)
Why would RR let Japan get it early? They would just be shooting themselves in the foot with all this "tight lid" stuff they have been doing. I don't see it.

Agreed. Especially when you consider all other Japanese retail outlets list a June 12th release, this doesn't add up. Definitely a typo. Aus is the first place to get this on June 8th and that's because they do releases on Fridays and the 8th is the weekend before the international release date.

I still predict a 5th-6th leak day. Someone will leak a stocked retail copy as they are about to release in Aus.

QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ May 25 2012, 10:56 PM)
Why would RR let Japan get it early? They would just be shooting themselves in the foot with all this "tight lid" stuff they have been doing. I don't see it.

Agreed. Especially when you consider all other Japanese retail outlets list a June 12th release, this doesn't add up. Definitely a typo. Aus is the first place to get this on June 8th and that's because they do releases on Fridays and the 8th is the weekend before the international release date.

I still predict a 5th-6th leak day. Someone will leak a stocked retail copy as they are about to release in Aus.

I work in a retail outlet that does sell music. What would be the best way for me to get an early copy?

Edited by savagegrace26

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 24 2012, 05:31 AM)
Amazon has only one guy with a lantern changing things over there!

z7shysterical.gif

And he's old. Hell, he was old when he was on the cover of ZOSO.

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ May 25 2012, 09:52 PM)

I work in a retail outlet that does sell music. What would be the best way for me to get an early copy?

I don't recommend you try, you can lose your job over it. I had an acquaintance that used to take games or CDs out the back and would take them home but charge himself on release date. I'm not an expert on retail and their policies though. I just know leaks can happen when an employee swipes an early copy that was sent to the store before release date.

You would be able to get away with this if you worked for a mom and pop store but not a corporate chain. A lot of mom and pop stores will actually sell stuff the minute they get them in stock because they can't compete with the major chains, so they sell stuff early locally.

I also knew a guy on a forum who worked for a Sony manufacturing plant (where they make the CDs). I could never figure out how he was always leaking stuff a month before release. Some of it was really big mainstream releases too. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually got fired because he stopped posting. But yeah he was just taking them from work.

Pretty much anyway to get something early in retail is probably either illegal, or a violation of company code, and I would not take the risk just to hear an album that would be out in 2 weeks anyway. But our best chances for a leak is for stores that sell early or a retail employee that swipes an early copy. Either way we'll 100% have it June 8th at the latest.

Edited by Mr. Henry Gale

On that note, there is supposedly an AUS store that sells CDs early. Sometimes a week before their release date. I know because on this private torrent site I belong to, this Aussie member always leaks high quality retail rips before their release. I'll hit him up and see about this.

With RR being so tight though, I'd be shocked if they shipped the CD a week before release to stores.

Edited by Mr. Henry Gale

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ May 26 2012, 12:52 AM)

Why can't you wait until the official release date? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 26 2012, 06:57 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 26 2012, 01:12 AM)
On Amazon.jp. It's set as 6/13. It has been changed accordingly.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/3...Aaps%2Ck%3ARush

Sorry, I'm not able to see a date laugh.gif

発売予定日は2012年6月13日です Sorry, it was in the page for Clockwork Angels itself.

Also, it seems that it is cheaper to import it than buy it domestically.

Edited by D3strukt

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 26 2012, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ May 26 2012, 12:52 AM)

Why can't you wait until the official release date? confused13.gif

People are impatient. I think it goes beyond that though and it would need its own thread to discuss. But there has been an overall shift in the mentality of the consumer where music no longer has the same value it once had. Apart of this is the labels and the industry in general refusing to adjust the price of goods to match the actual value as determined by the market (demand). And they also fought the new format originally (keep this in mind. It wasn't until they realized consumers preferred digital did they stop fighting it and hopped on the bandwagon. The industry is stubborn and always resist change. But this is also a big reason many first turned to downloading illegally. The industry didn't offer it at the time. And even now that they do, their pricing is completely off.)

I'm not advocating illegal downloading. I'm sure the majority of fans on here will pay for it in one form or another. Rush has a very loyal fan base. But you were asking why people want a leak and don't want to wait. A big part of that is technology and music being predominately listend to digitally. Release dates don't really have a meaning anymore to a lot of people. Rush could put this up on their site today for digital release and it would be no different if you waited for the iTunes release date.

Yeah packaging is nice (although a lot of releases are skimpy) - but it doesn't change the fact that most of my listening of this album will be digital. So yeah, there's my rushed answer (have to head out). Most of the waiting for release dates are for PR, Marketing and label release scheduling. Something the average music listener doesn't care about or has any interest in. Announcing an album 4 months before release has to do with that - not the artist wanting you to hear it how it's intended.

Edited by Mr. Henry Gale