Brand new interview with Alex

snowdog2112

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they're very popular. We haven't used them in quite some time, maybe we'll pull them out for the next tour.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 21 2012, 11:18 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 22 2012, 01:02 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 22 2012, 01:40 AM)
He's already talking about who's producing the next record, so I hope that shuts up the "Is this the last album?" brigade...

At least he didn't mention that they'd be playing "Jacob's Ladder" this tour....

When people mention Jacob's Ladder these days he thinks they mean:

http://i.imgur.com/R8AZL.jpg

GREAT movie! yes.gif

Tip of the cap to the interviewer. That was very complete and included well-phrased questions that drew Alex to give lots of information. It had a nice balance between giving the fans what they wanted to hear and promotional info to highlight the new release. Excellent. applaudit.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 21 2012, 10:40 PM)
He's already talking about who's producing the next record, so I hope that shuts up the "Is this the last album?" brigade...

We'll see. I'm not even convinced CA is coming out yet! tongue.gif

I've gotta give props to Snowdog2112 (Do you prefer Mr. 2112? Can your friends call you Snowdog?). In times past, I'd scan other sites for the latest news, and then come here to discuss it. But lately, he's been finding the good stuff and bringing it here first. Kudos to you sir!

You beat me to it, the stand out sentence in an excellent and meaty interview were the words:

"We really enjoy working with Nick but we'll see where we are with our next record."

Good old Alex, already thinking about the next album! I love you man.

Alex:

If your looking at songs you've never played live before... don't.

There's a good reason you didn't play them live.

Q: You already have dates booked for your North American tour from September through to December. Have you had any thoughts about the set list yet?

We've been throwing about set lists for the last couple of weeks and the length of the set is creeping up to over 4 hours so we`ll have to reign it in and fine tune it. There'll be a good portion of new material and some older stuff that we'll be revisiting that you haven't heard in a long time. There's also a couple that we haven`t played live before that we're thinking about doing. There's quite a few in contention for the final set list.

Oh Please let it be, Losing It and Cut to the Chase!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

The best thing I took out of this interview is....next album.

So awesome to hear no quit in this band!

On the set list note. I am sure it will be a diverse set and longer than the TM tour was. I expect to see some serious deep nuggets from the 80's era.

Edited by Todem

This has been the best interview yet. Very informative! He asked all the right questions. However, the one question that keeps eluding all interviewers is:

Will 2.gif be touring with an orchestra or small string section or quartet? Maybe they are told before hand not to ask?

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 22 2012, 11:30 AM)
This has been the best interview yet. Very informative! He asked all the right questions. However, the one question that keeps eluding all interviewers is:

Will 2.gif be touring with an orchestra or small string section or quartet? Maybe they are told before hand not to ask?

confused13.gif

It could be that they want it to be a surprise but I think it's more likely that until they even know how much of the album they want to play it's just a moot question. If they end up only playing 4 or 5 (remember, they're fairly long) but stick to the three we've heard and maybe something like Carnies or something else that's more straight up rock and don't play stuff like The Garden or Halo Effect then why even think about strings live at this point? I'm sure they must at least be privately discussing "what if we..." but at this point I just doubt they have any idea.

I'd really dig a string quartet for a few songs. The more I think about it, the more amazing it sounds to me. It doesn't have to be anything to flashy or overpowering, just a nice touch to some of the newer tunes, and then of course bring back on older song for it (you know what I'm talking about!).

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 22 2012, 02:31 PM)
I'd really dig a string quartet for a few songs. The more I think about it, the more amazing it sounds to me. It doesn't have to be anything to flashy or overpowering, just a nice touch to some of the newer tunes, and then of course bring back on older song for it (you know what I'm talking about!).

Yes! I do!

wink.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 22 2012, 09:42 AM)

You beat me to it, the stand out sentence in an excellent and meaty interview were the words:

"We really enjoy working with Nick but we'll see where we are with our next record."

Good old Alex, already thinking about the next album! I love you man.

Aye,,,

trink38.gif

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 22 2012, 09:45 AM)
Alex:

If your looking at songs you've never played live before... don't.

There's a good reason you didn't play them live.

What kind of drugs are you on, man?

Losing It? Open Secrets? Available Light? Emotion Detector? Chain Lightning? Cut to the Chase? Vapor Trail? The Stars Look Down? Nocturne? wub.gif