Three questions for Rush.....

Gedneil Alpeart

More for Geddy and Alex - what do you think of New York State wines?

More for Geddy - do you get to the Baseball Hall of Fame a lot, and do you like the surrounding area? (I'm curious as my family is from there)

How are you approaching retirement? (I'm guessing they're seeing how things go day by day).

I know, weird questions, but I don't want to ask too much of what has been asked before.

1. Define the Universe. Cite three examples.

2. Back in the 70's you guys used to hang out together a lot on the road. Did you ever get a little drunk and lonely and tell each other you loved each other, and before you knew it a little hugging and playful touching led to something... MORE?

3. What would do for a Klondike bar?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 15 2012, 09:59 PM)
1. Define the Universe. Cite three examples.

2. Back in the 70's you guys used to hang out together a lot on the road. Did you ever get a little drunk and lonely and tell each other you loved each other, and before you knew it a little hugging and playful touching led to something... MORE?

3. What would do for a Klondike bar?

smash.gif Hammerhead Alert---Hammerhead Alert

Geddy: What is your favorite bass line you have written?

Neil: How does it feel to hear your lyrics sung for the first time and in concert?

Alex: Going somewhere?

QUOTE (Deckiller @ May 16 2012, 01:40 AM)
To all: Why did you make You Bet Your Life, Dog Years, and Virtuality? Whyyyyyyy?

Those songs I can live with, they at least have decent melody (I actually like YBYL and Virtuality is good if you can ignore the lyrics) ... but Tai Shan? Come on now..

QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ May 16 2012, 01:49 AM)
I would ask all three the same question. I would ask them to each to list every Rush album from least favorite to favorite. It would be very interesting if they actually gave it a lot of thought.

Sadly, they'd probably give it the "they're all my favorite" treatment...or say "Clockwork Angels, Snakes and Arrows, Feedback, and Vapor Trails" in that order.

From what I gather, they really appreciate non-shop talk every now & then, so I guess I'd keep it light:

Neil, what was your most memorable bicycle tour?

Geddy, what is your most cherished piece of baseball memorabilia?

Alex, have you ever looked at Donald Trump and realized that maybe it's time to re-think this whole combover thing?

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 16 2012, 01:55 AM)
QUOTE (Deckiller @ May 16 2012, 01:40 AM)
To all: Why did you make You Bet Your Life, Dog Years, and Virtuality? Whyyyyyyy?

Those songs I can live with, they at least have decent melody (I actually like YBYL and Virtuality is good if you can ignore the lyrics) ... but Tai Shan? Come on now..

Tai Shan has melody!

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ May 15 2012, 05:55 PM)
If you were given a great privilege to interview Geddy, Alex, and Neil and were allowed onky three questions to ask all of them sitting together, what would they be?

I gotta think about this one before answering myself! biggrin.gif

WHAT... is your name?

WHAT... is your quest?

WHAT... is your favorite color?

QUOTE (Animate @ May 16 2012, 11:22 AM)
I have always wanted to know exactly what Neil thought the first time he heard Rush. Did he think "Oh boy, that guy sure sounds like a girl!" laugh.gif

I've always wanted to ask him this too lol

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 17 2012, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE (Animate @ May 16 2012, 11:22 AM)
I have always wanted to know exactly what Neil thought the first time he heard Rush.  Did he think "Oh boy, that guy sure sounds like a girl!"  laugh.gif

I've always wanted to ask him this too lol

I most definitely thought Geddy was female the first time I heard Moving Pictures! yes.gif laugh.gif