Shame on you, your cheating!!

got rush?

We know Rush fans that lie and request accessible

ADA seat JUST to get closer to the stage.

SHAME ON YOU!! You know who you are!!

With people like you the truly wheel chair, deaf and

visual impaired don't have a chance of getting seats

they legally qualify for.

The next time you think about purchasing ADA

seats to a show, ponder this: what If your spouse,

Child or parent was handicap and you was excited

about going to a RUSH show only to find out

that ALL the seating for ADA was purchased

Within the first 3-4 days they went on sale. Not

only 1 venue but most venues.

We talked to a REGIONAL MANAGER for Live Nation

(North West Region) and she confirmed what we

expected, ADA (accessible seats) sales ARE abused

very much !!

So PLEASE, Be a thinker NOT A STINKER.

God bless and HAPPY RUSH ING !!!!

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ May 14 2012, 06:50 AM)
I didn't know we could do that. How close to the stage are those seats? I'm sure I can borrow a cane and fake a limp. Thanks for the info!

Now, now. Don't do that. You'll earn an irate rant on an anonymous message board if you do.

QUOTE (kkb2323 @ May 14 2012, 02:34 AM)

I'm all in favor of people who are confined to a wheelchair getting the seats that are reserved for them at concerts, but why on earth would somebody who was deaf or visually impaired go to a rock show?

Like the other poster said it's more than likely not other Rush fans who are doing this but scalpers instead. It certainly sounds like a trick some of them would pull in order to get some extra money off tickets.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I travel with someone who is visually impaired due to diabetes. He can still see but it has to be up close and then it's not as dialed in as you and I would see a face, a hand playing a guitar etc. I would be really sad if he chose not to go to a show because he could only see a little.

I know for a fact these seats are claimed by those who don't need them as I am handi-capped and it's pretty sad to see folks who got the seats and there is nothing wrong with them. Now I know you cannot see every illness someone has, but I'm nosy enough to ask those around me their ailment and the biggest reply I get (especially at Red Rocks) is nothing wrong, I know I can get a good seat this way! This pisses me off for the real ADA people who are in row 70 (the last row at this venue) while able bodied people are in row 1&2. angry.gif

Even if you are 10 rows back and you are healthy, you are in a much better position than those in the first few rows who would gladly trade you their seat for your health!

Edited by nobodys hero

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 14 2012, 06:50 AM)

I'm all in favor of people who are confined to a wheelchair getting the seats that are reserved for them at concerts, but why on earth would somebody who was deaf or visually impaired go to a rock show?

Like the other poster said it's more than likely not other Rush fans who are doing this but scalpers instead. It certainly sounds like a trick some of them would pull in order to get some extra money off tickets.

Believe it or not the venues are required by ADA laws to provide an interpreter for those that are deaf. I suppose for those folks the visual aspect must be worth it to them.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ May 14 2012, 09:03 AM)

Believe it or not the venues are required by ADA laws to provide an interpreter for those that are deaf. I suppose for those folks the visual aspect must be worth it to them.

I remember when I saw Rush in Syracuse two years ago there was a lady on the side of the stage doing sign language for the songs. In my 20 years of going to concerts it was just about the strangest thing i've ever seen. It's the first and only time i've ever seen it and thinking about it now it's still as odd as anything you could do at a concert. I guess I must think differently than others because if I couldn't hear I wouldn't spend the high amount of money or even want to go to a rock concert since hearing what's being played is the biggest part of the live experience. Like you said, I guess the whole visual of the show is enough for the hearing impaired.

I got on the phone with an operator from Ticketmaster at 9:59 AM Saturday morning to request accessible seating for the Toronto show. I've done this countless times before and always got a seat and a spot for a wheelchair in the 105A section without fail. (they are way in the back corner but at the top of the lower bowl at least)

This time I was told that section 105A had been sold out in the presale to regular customers! The only accessible seats left in the place were section 309A way up in the nosebleeds. This has been done before at the Molson Amp. But never at the ACC.

I was pissed.........

Take Care

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 14 2012, 11:12 AM)
Pretending to be handicapped in order to get accessible seating is not cool.

That is all.

angry.gif

Agreed!

And selling out whole sections of accessible seating to able bodies out of pure greed is total bullshit!

angry.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 14 2012, 04:12 PM)

That is all.

angry.gif

Not cool, that's all?

What is it with you people? Any able-bodied person taking up seats or locations reserved for impaired people are misanthropic, shameless pond scum.

Let's call it like it is. It ain't funny or clever, it's merely another symptom of the f**k you attitude of many people today.

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 14 2012, 10:30 AM)

That is all.

angry.gif

Not cool, that's all?

What is it with you people? Any able-bodied person taking up seats or locations reserved for impaired people are misanthropic, shameless pond scum.

Let's call it like it is. It ain't funny or clever, it's merely another symptom of the f**k you attitude of many people today.

goodpost.gif

Compassion is going the way of the dinosaur.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ May 14 2012, 08:59 AM)

I travel with someone who is visually impaired due to diabetes. He can still see but it has to be up close and then it's not as dialed in as you and I would see a face, a hand playing a guitar etc. I would be really sad if he chose not to go to a show because he could only see a little.

I know for a fact these seats are claimed by those who don't need them as I am handi-capped and it's pretty sad to see folks who got the seats and there is nothing wrong with them. Now I know you cannot see every illness someone has, but I'm nosy enough to ask those around me their ailment and the biggest reply I get (especially at Red Rocks) is nothing wrong, I know I can get a good seat this way! This pisses me off for the real ADA people who are in row 70 (the last row at this venue) while able bodied people are in row 1&2. angry.gif
Even if you are 10 rows back and you are healthy, you are in a much better position than those in the first few rows who would gladly trade you their seat for your health!

To be fair - many of those people do not know they are buying accessible seats when they buy them from the broker/scalper. I was in Charlotte for a Packers game and we bought 2 tix on the street just after kickoff. They were $20 below face value (seeing the game started) and they ended up being in the upper deck accessible row. We did not purposefully seek out accessible seating, we just took what we could get.

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 14 2012, 08:30 AM)

That is all.

angry.gif

Not cool, that's all?

Easy tiger.

I meant "that is all" as in, "there's nothing else to say, no other argument that can be made".

Doing that is "not cool" as in "mean, low, sleazy" etc.

We are agreeing here.

The ADA LAWS says -- The venue cannot ask you to

prove your impairment. They are not allowed to

Even ask what your impairment is.

So I can see how easy it COULD be to get away

with it.

The law also says -- They must hold Ada seats in

each section for impaired. Once all other seats are gone,

the ADA seats can be sold.

How brokers get ADA seats is a mystery to me!!

My wife and I was at the NYS FAIR SHOW also.

It was pretty sweet seeing someone sign the

whole show. Our seats was 1 row in front of her.

When the show started EVERYONE rushed the stage.

Our 5th row seats turned into 10th row.

Totally lack of security. Still a good show.

Able bodied people knowingly taking disabled spots? I'd like to break their legs frankly. Hard for other fans to identify and single those people out though, because "we" have no idea really what disability or not someone might have.

Disabled parking spaces are a bit easier, up here at least, people are supposed to have to sticker on their license plate or windshield, plus you can get a fairly decent idea if someone is actually crippled or something since driving tends to not lend itself well to blind folks at least. I've proudly got into several great tussles with able bodied people taking those spots.

To the posted who asked why someone who was blind or deaf would want to go to a concert? Are you kidding me? Especially for a blind person, hearing RUSH for example LIVE must be pretty much the ultimate experience in life, even more-so than for those of us with vision.

Sympathies to any disabled people not being able to get spots this tour.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 14 2012, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ May 14 2012, 09:03 AM)

I remember when I saw Rush in Syracuse two years ago there was a lady on the side of the stage doing sign language for the songs. In my 20 years of going to concerts it was just about the strangest thing i've ever seen. It's the first and only time i've ever seen it and thinking about it now it's still as odd as anything you could do at a concert. I guess I must think differently than others because if I couldn't hear I wouldn't spend the high amount of money or even want to go to a rock concert since hearing what's being played is the biggest part of the live experience. Like you said, I guess the whole visual of the show is enough for the hearing impaired.

Not quite the same situation, but... : http://www.girlswithslingshots.com/comic/g...oria-lee-panos/

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 14 2012, 10:26 AM)
I remember when I saw Rush in Syracuse two years ago there was a lady on the side of the stage doing sign language for the songs.

I saw Chris Rock when his act played at our university. The student council actually had a person up the side of the stage doing sign language. Wow did Chris Rock ever have a field day with that one when he noticed, it was awesome!

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ May 14 2012, 09:59 AM)

I travel with someone who is visually impaired due to diabetes.  He can still see but it has to be up close and then it's not as dialed in as you and I would see a face, a hand playing a guitar etc.  I would be really sad if he chose not to go to a show because he could only see a little.

This is not a pointed question I am just curious. When you and your friend go to a show do you try to get accessible seating or just get regular seats? Technically a visually impaired person there with a friend could conceivably use normal seating, whereas someone in a wheelchair cannot right?

Edited by Godeater2112

To: J2112YYZ.

When I first read your post I did'nt catch it.

You must not have anyone that you care about

who has a visual or hearing impairment. If you

did you would not ask why someone with above

handicaps would want to go to a rock show.

Duh, for the same reason you go to them!!

Are you dumb or just stupid??

I really feel sorry for you and others like you !

When my wife read your post she started to cry.

She is visually impaired, having only central

vision. 15-20 % of her vision left.

I'm not here to judge, only god and you do that.

Sorry for the harsh words! I just don't know why

people feel like that.

I apologize J2112YYZ.

please forgive me??

beathorse.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ May 14 2012, 08:59 AM)
...I know you cannot see every illness someone has, but I'm nosy enough to ask those around me their ailment...

wow, that behavior is about as hostile and disrespectful as it gets

Edited by ghostworks