• Craig Ferguson
    • Chelsea Handler
    • Jimmy Kimmel
    • Jay Leno
    • David Letterman
    • Graham Norton
    • Conan O'Brien
    • Jon Stewart

I loved Johnny Carson, and eventually made my way into being a big fan of Letterman. For the last few years, Conan has dominated for me. His off the wall idiocy really makes a great end to my day.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 10 2012, 09:23 AM)
I loved Johnny Carson, and eventually made my way into being a big fan of Letterman. For the last few years, Conan has dominated for me. His off the wall idiocy really makes a great end to my day.

I like Conan as well but my wife for some reason can't stand him. So I watch him with my son.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ May 10 2012, 09:44 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 10 2012, 09:23 AM)

I like Conan as well but my wife for some reason can't stand him. So I watch him with my son.

That....... is....... AWESOME!

Same thing in our house. My son and I always laugh our ass off at him, and my wife will come in the room after getting ready and make a face when she sees Conan on. Some things she finds funny - like the stupid mascots trying to dunk, or the Audiencey Awards smile.gif

Best Conan bit ever, IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aax2V7a3S4

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't understand Conan's humor at all. confused13.gif He seems to have a unique style though, and I can respect that.

For me it's a tossup between Craig Ferguson and Stephen Colbert. It depends on whether I'm in the mood for politics or not. Ferguson's delivery and timing are amazing, and he's just an incredibly funny guy. He doesn't need to rely on one-liners because he tells hilarious stories. And Colbert is just awesome.

And for the record, Letterman is the most unfunny person.... ever. Like beyond Adam Sandler-level lame. Truly awful.

I voted for Letterman, although, I don't think he's nearly as funny as he used to be. I remember back when he was on NBC...damn that was some good TV.

Craig Ferguson is a close second. I probably could have voted for him, but I get all nostalgic, and can't vote against Letterman.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 10 2012, 12:20 PM)
I voted for Letterman, although, I don't think he's nearly as funny as he used to be. I remember back when he was on NBC...damn that was some good TV.

Craig Ferguson is a close second. I probably could have voted for him, but I get all nostalgic, and can't vote against Letterman.

Yeah, Letterman used to be fun, with throwing shit off the roof and all the different "suits" (like velcro, etc)

He has been dead to me for years, I just think he is a grumpy old man now.

Letterman was once my favorite, now he's old and tired and smug. I can't stand him.

Nowadays, Conan makes me laugh the most.

With that said, I hardly watch late night talk shows anymore.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 10 2012, 04:30 PM)
I like Conan and his randomness the most.

If any of you vote for Leno, then f**k you

Ummm, sorry, but I prefer Jay Leno. I never cared for Letterman. Richard Simmons (yeah, I know, probably a bad example) recently said that Letterman was very snobbish. He said he was very unfriendly to him during commercial breaks, but once they were back on air, his demeanor changed completely. He said he's no longer going to go on Letterman because of his attitude.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 10 2012, 06:28 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 10 2012, 04:30 PM)
I like Conan and his randomness the most.

Ummm, sorry, but I prefer Jay Leno. I never cared for Letterman. Richard Simmons (yeah, I know, probably a bad example) recently said that Letterman was very snobbish. He said he was very unfriendly to him during commercial breaks, but once they were back on air, his demeanor changed completely. He said he's no longer going to go on Letterman because of his attitude.

I think Leno's funnier than Letterman. He's not my favorite by a long-shot, but he's OK.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 10 2012, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 10 2012, 12:20 PM)
I voted for Letterman, although, I don't think he's nearly as funny as he used to be.  I remember back when he was on NBC...damn that was some good TV.

Craig Ferguson is a close second.  I probably could have voted for him, but I get all nostalgic, and can't vote against Letterman.

Yeah, Letterman used to be fun, with throwing shit off the roof and all the different "suits" (like velcro, etc)

He has been dead to me for years, I just think he is a grumpy old man now.

I don't want him much any more, but the few times that I have seen him in recent years, I have to agree. He does appear to be a smug and grumpy old man. sad.gif

But man...back in the day when he came on after Carson....damn that was some funny stuff.

I'll never forget one episode, he poked his head out his office window, some ten stories up, with a bullhorn yelling to the people below to bring him hot dogs from the vendor at the corner.

"You there...in the black suit! I need hot dogs! Bring me hot dogs!"

It was so damn absurd, and the kind of shtick that made Letterman the man back in the day. Sadly, those days are long gone. fists crying.gif

Craig Ferguson. Just love him! I leave Letterman on while I wait for Craig and read or surf the Web.

While I watch them both every night they're on, I really don't consider Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert as late-night talk shows... confused13.gif

Edited by HowItIs

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 10 2012, 03:30 PM)

Oh I'd vote for anyone BUT Leno. I don't understand how that "corporate f**king shrill and another w***e in the capitalist gangbang" (thanks Bill Hicks!) is still beating Letterman after all these years and even after what he did to Conan. Letterman's not my favorite either, but I think he's funnier than Leno. I wasn't even born when he hosted the Tonight Show, but I don't think anyone could beat Johnny Carson, and everyone who came after him are judged based on Carson.

Nevertheless, I voted for Fallon, but Conan, Ferguson, and Kimmel are my other favorites as well.

I voted Conan. I loved his final shows at NBC where he did expensive skits that NBC had to pay.

To each his own, but I can't understand how anyone thinks Fallon is funny. He is the most un-funny talk show host I've ever seen. Letterman used to be funny back in the old days, but his show is boring to me now.

NO ONE will every top Johnny Carson. Period.

Used to love Letterman...and I still have a soft spot for him, but for this poll, Craig Ferguson, hands down. He's hysterical!

That said, I watch Chelsea more often because she's on earlier and I really thinks she's sharp and funny. Its nearly always a good solid half hour of fun tv!