Songs we will not be hearing this tour

RUSHandOSU

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only pray we have heard the last of any S&A songs

I could honestly do without Tom Sawyer or Limelight. Great songs, I love 'em both, but hearing them on literally every tour I've been to is a bit much.

With that said, I'd love to see Circumstances again, along Digital Man, The Enemy Within and Middletown Dreams.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 24 2012, 04:58 PM)
Songs they *shouldn't* play?

Tom Sawyer
Limelight
Subdivisions
Freewill
Spirit of Radio
Working Man
2112 Overture/Temples

Songs we almost assuredly *will* hear? See above.

I could stand not to hear any of the above except Subdivisions 1022.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 24 2012, 05:58 PM)

Tom Sawyer
Limelight
Subdivisions
Freewill
Spirit of Radio
Working Man
2112 Overture/Temples

I'm hoping that Overture/Temples is either dropped or it's the opening song of the show. Also Working Man has played itself off MY setlist.

They did a great job with it last tour but give it a little rest this year, please.

They're going to play Tommy and TSoR. Most likely Limelight, Freewill and Subdivisions as well.

I almost feel as if this thread should be "Song we WILL be hearing this tour"

Because we all know what they will play

Tom Sawyer

Spirit of Radio

Limelight

Clockwork Angels stuff

People have to got to be reasonable with stuff we won't hear.

For instance,

We will not hear Hand Over Fist this tour. Or Tai Shan. Or I Think I'm Going Bald. Or Before and After. Or...you get the point.

When I saw the Hold Your Fire tour in 1988, Subdivisions sounded out of place amidst the Power Windows and HYF songs.Considering that it's the 30th anniversary of Signals do you think the set list will work mixing songs from Clockwork Angels with Signals?

QUOTE (tas7 @ Apr 24 2012, 07:12 PM)
When I saw the Hold Your Fire tour in 1988, Subdivisions sounded out of place amidst the Power Windows and HYF songs.Considering that it's the 30th anniversary of Signals do you think the set list will work mixing songs from Clockwork Angels with Signals?

well have to see what the rest of CA sounds like first.

QUOTE (Joesaracer @ Apr 24 2012, 06:56 PM)
I almost feel as if this thread should be "Song we WILL be hearing this tour"

Because we all know what they will play

Tom Sawyer
Spirit of Radio
Limelight

Clockwork Angels stuff

People have to got to be reasonable with stuff we won't hear.

For instance,

We will not hear Hand Over Fist this tour. Or Tai Shan. Or I Think I'm Going Bald. Or Before and After. Or...you get the point.

yeah i see your point man

I would love to hear some deeper material; i.e, The Enemy Within, Driven, Middletown Dreams, etc. I know I already stated two of those earlier in this thread but I would just die if I heard the opening bar to The Enemy Within. I haven't been disappointed yet though, so I'll take whatever.

I know many of you are tired of certain songs that they always play, I have always believed it is in a band's best interest to have 4 or 5 songs like that. I don't have a problem with any band playing their 4 or 5 biggest hits every time out. That said, I wish Rush would alter their setlist dramatically from one tour to the next. And so what if Geddy can't sing the old stuff anymore...I still wish he would try. I don't mind if the vocals aren't perfect.

So while I expect to hear Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Limelight, TSOR, Freewill, Subdivisions and maybe 2112, I'm hoping they'll play a few things they haven't played in a while. I don't want to hear too much of what they've played the last two tours, and regarding the albums from the mid-80's and later, I don't want to hear the same stuff they've been playing for the past 20+ years.

That would basically include:

The Big Money

Force Ten

Show Don't Tell

Time Stand Still

Roll the Bones

Resist

Leave That Thing Alone

Stick It Out

Animate

Mission

Earthshine

Secret Touch

Far Cry

There are a few others, but this is the main group. There are a few songs that could go into this group, but I actually like them and don't mind hearing them (Workin' Them Angels, Dreamline, Marathon).

Tom Sawyer
Limelight
Subdivisions
Freewill
Spirit of Radio
Working Man
2112 Overture/Temples

I generally don't agree with you but agree this time 87.5% (could never get tired of 2112 Overture)

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 24 2012, 04:32 PM)
I can only pray we have heard the last of any S&A songs

Naw, they'll probably play at least 2 of them.

Just for you lol.

Tom Sawyer
Limelight
Subdivisions
Freewill
Spirit of Radio
Working Man
2112 Overture/Temples

Never going to happen.

Never.

All great songs to this day, all get the crowd going ape shit. I mean really. Tell me you don't notice the crowd rising to a fever pitch during every single one of those songs.

I hope they always play those. Why not? So many people seeing Rush for the first, second, maybe only third time in their life.

Not the 21st like me......and i still don't care if they play those. Seeing my son enjoy those classics is priceless. It's always about the new generation of fans not us old farts. We have seen so much. I am glad they stick to their guns and keep playing the standard classics. Otherwise 80% of the crowd will be sitting on their asses.

Spread the love of Rush man.

As far as what they should not play? Well they could give YYZ, Witch Hunt and Limelight a rest (They have given Limelight a rest before). I would be fine with only T.S and Red Barchetta from Moving Pictures.

They don't need to play anything from Test For Echo, Vapor Trails or Snakes and Arrows. Their new album is plenty of modern day Rush for us.

I hope they focus on their 76-87 period. Lot's of stuff from that era would make 90% of us thrilled.

Edited by Todem

I kinda hope the setlist resembles the S&A tour in terms of balance considering the amount of new stuff and old stuff. I didn't mind the huge block of S&A at the beginning of set two.

QUOTE (Todem @ Apr 26 2012, 07:17 AM)

Tom Sawyer
Limelight
Subdivisions
Freewill
Spirit of Radio
Working Man
2112 Overture/Temples

Never going to happen.

Never.

All great songs to this day, all get the crowd going ape shit. I mean really. Tell me you don't notice the crowd rising to a fever pitch during every single one of those songs.

I hope they always play those. Why not? So many people seeing Rush for the first, second, maybe only third time in their life.

Not the 21st like me......and i still don't care if they play those. Seeing my son enjoy those classics is priceless. It's always about the new generation of fans not us old farts. We have seen so much. I am glad they stick to their guns and keep playing the standard classics. Otherwise 80% of the crowd will be sitting on their asses.

Spread the love of Rush man.

As far as what they should not play? Well they could give YYZ, Witch Hunt and Limelight a rest (They have given Limelight a rest before). I would be fine with only T.S and Red Barchetta from Moving Pictures.

They don't need to play anything from Test For Echo, Vapor Trails or Snakes and Arrows. Their new album is plenty of modern day Rush for us.

I hope they focus on their 76-87 period. Lot's of stuff from that era would make 90% of us thrilled.

Exactly how I feel about those songs. My 9 year old son will be seeing Rush for the 2nd time and he will want to hear all of that stuff again.