Album Leak

friendlyfloridian

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Apr 23 2012, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 23 2012, 10:30 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 23 2012, 10:28 PM)
QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Apr 24 2012, 12:04 PM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 23 2012, 11:03 PM)
Doubt it.

Allright now I am REALLY tempted to take a listen.

What to do? What to do?

Do it. I want to see what kind of trouble you get into.

Why? He's just going to hear like Pat Benatar or something. laugh.gif

I just don't want viruses.. i don't necessarily trust you laugh.gif

Trust me. I've seen enough fake torrents over the years. Like I said with the masterful job RR did keeping HF under wraps I would say there is a 1 percent chance the whole record leaks anytime soon. And that's a good thing trink39.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 23 2012, 10:34 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Apr 23 2012, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 23 2012, 10:30 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 23 2012, 10:28 PM)
Doubt it.

What to do? What to do?

Why? He's just going to hear like Pat Benatar or something. laugh.gif

I just don't want viruses.. i don't necessarily trust you laugh.gif

Trust me. I've seen enough fake torrents over the years. Like I said with the masterful job RR did keeping HF under wraps I would say there is a 1 percent chance the whole record leaks anytime soon. And that's a good thing trink39.gif

I'd rather it not leak than be tempted.. ph34r.gif

If it did leak.... I don't think i'd take one look at it.

This might be the final studio album.

When Alice In Chains' 2009 album "Black Gives Way To Blue" came out, I had heard one song off it. After school on release day, I went to the CD store with two friends, I bought it and we got in the car and listened to the whole thing. The "surprise" on release-day felt special.

I'm going to do this with Clockwork Angels. I'm not gonna be buying an album on Itunes, or checking it out on youtube or spotify. I'm gonna go about my day, and when everything's done, I'll hit FYE or the like, pay the $15 or so, and put it in a stereo. It'll be a good day.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Apr 24 2012, 08:20 AM)

When Alice In Chains' 2009 album "Black Gives Way To Blue" came out, I had heard one song off it. After school on release day, I went to the CD store with two friends, I bought it and we got in the car and listened to the whole thing. The "surprise" on release-day felt special.

I'm going to do this with Clockwork Angels. I'm not gonna be buying an album on Itunes, or checking it out on youtube or spotify. I'm gonna go about my day, and when everything's done, I'll hit FYE or the like, pay the $15 or so, and put it in a stereo. It'll be a good day.

Sounds a bit like old.gif , but is definitely new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm completely with you there.

The chances of a leak on this are pretty slim. Snakes & Arrows didn't leak until two weeks before release date (someone want to correct me on this? I know it leaked, but it was pretty close to the release date).

Now that Rush have a label that is really promoting them and making sure to handle them with care, it's even more unlikely. The only chance this leaks is if someone at the warehouse/factory nabs them while they are being produced, and leaks it. It does happen, but usually only for really big releases that someone is willing to risk their job on (believe me, it happens). And if not there, your next shot is a promo leaking. But even that is becoming more and more rare, with watermarked promos + them getting smarter with digital streams (and no, I don't mean the regular stream where you can just easily grab the files). And at that point, no person is going to go through the trouble of ripping it and then leaking their promo which would cost them their job.

So then your last chance is at retail. Once the units are shipped out to the stores (which is 1-2 weeks before release depending).

I really don't see this leaking very early. But then again, stranger things have happened.

Edited by Mr. Henry Gale

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 24 2012, 05:08 AM)
Sorry man, not trying to put you down but Headlong Flight didn't even leak. Neither did Caravan. They seem to be able to keep a tight lid on things. Not saying it isn't possible, I'm just extremely skeptical, especially when no links are posted. I know we aren't supposed to post illegal links, but how on earth could you not listen to just a little of it to find out for sure before posting a thread about it?

Caravan and BU2B did leak.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Apr 24 2012, 02:20 AM)

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 23 2012, 11:28 PM)
Doubt it.

What to do? What to do?

thanks wacko.gif

QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Apr 24 2012, 07:51 PM)
Doubt it.

What to do? What to do?

thanks wacko.gif

I'm guessing a big part of you wanted to see if someone else would do it for you. That's why I said that. And you had those "Should I or shouldn't" thoughts. But why bother? It'll be here soon enough and we already have 3 songs (i.e. much more than we've ever had with previous releases). All of this doesn't matter because in less than 2 months everyone will be creaming over it anyway and talking about setlists even more.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 24 2012, 07:04 AM)
Doubt it.

What to do? What to do?

thanks wacko.gif

I'm guessing a big part of you wanted to see if someone else would do it for you. That's why I said that. And you had those "Should I or shouldn't" thoughts. But why bother? It'll be here soon enough and we already have 3 songs (i.e. much more than we've ever had with previous releases). All of this doesn't matter because in less than 2 months everyone will be creaming over it anyway and talking about setlists even more.

true true....thanks!

QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Apr 24 2012, 08:06 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 24 2012, 07:04 AM)
Doubt it.

What to do? What to do?

thanks wacko.gif

true true....thanks!

trink39.gif

Celebrate the moment 2.gif

If you've got an album leak and it's more than two weeks before the release date you've got yourself a 100 percent fake. No albums are leaked that early. The only time i've ever seen in a month or more in advance is when an album has had an earlier release date in Europe than in the US. About a week and half ahead of time is the earliest you'll see an album leak today.

To those saying they don't wanna download anything because they don't wanna get in trouble or get caught, are you serious? z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 23 2012, 08:05 PM)
how on earth do you download a torrent?  do you need a special program?  sorry, i know next to nothing about downloading albums... unsure.gif

Hey Goobs,

Yes it requires a special program but the process is fairly easy after you get the hang of it. There are 3 or 4 really good sites out there that specialize in music torrents that help you download very excellent stuff that has NOT been comercially released. They are very vigilant about making sure nothing shared is in any way comercially available. An example of what's available would be the pro-shot 1994 Auburn Hills Rush concert. That would be one of the best things I've ever obtained via torrenting. There are tons of audio "bootlegs" too. Quality varies extremely widely. Plenty of the stuff out there is poor quality, believe me. But the gems make it so very worthwhile IMO. I recommend not trying to obtain stuff like HF cuz people love to slip viruses into songs/albums/video that is downloaded from sites that allow comercially available stuff to be shared. Besides, it's against the law and takes from the artist. If you know anyone that can give you some guidance I recommend you give it a try.

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 24 2012, 08:42 AM)

To those saying they don't wanna download anything because they don't wanna get in trouble or get caught, are you serious? z7shysterical.gif

This too, made me laugh. Millions of people do it. RIAA goes after the SITES and not individual people (except when said individual people go about pirating like idiots.)

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 23 2012, 10:05 PM)
how on earth do you download a torrent? do you need a special program? sorry, i know next to nothing about downloading albums... unsure.gif

All you need is a bit torrent( u torrent), register at the various torrent sites(demonoid.me, the pirate bay, traders den, bootleg universe, etc, and you are on your way. 2.gif