OH MY GOD!

GangsterOnBoats

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2012, 11:03 AM)
Does anyone like a good Peanut Butter sandwich once and awhile ?

Uh, peanut butter? That was Elvis.

Whom even I can't make a connection to Rush to (that is, beyond the obvious starting of R&R and influencing Rush's influences)

QUOTE (Animate @ Apr 20 2012, 11:07 AM)

Uh, peanut butter? That was Elvis.

Whom even I can't make a connection to Rush to (that is, beyond the obvious starting of R&R and influencing Rush's influences)

I love reading /hearing stories about how nuts Elvis was laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2012, 11:06 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 20 2012, 11:05 AM)

no.gif

confused13.gif

Maybe if Salma Hayek was involved somehow.

Bananas or Pears ?

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 20 2012, 11:11 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2012, 11:10 AM)
Bananas or Pears ?

bananas are too close to the shape of a penis... Seeing clam isn't a choice... PEAR!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2012, 12:03 PM)

Headlong Flight is Heavy! it sticks to the roof of your mouth like.....hey, wait a minute!

Lets not forget the Peanut Butter Bacon connection! Elvis ate pig bacon on his PB&J. Rush sang about Bacon cool10.gif

John Hein from the Sirius radio show "GEEKTIME" just said he was currently geeking out on the new Rush tune HF, and that it was the best Rush he has heard in ages. Pretty cool.

Damn Skippy.

Er, wait.. somehow that didn't sound right. How about yes, and I'll enjoy one in a Jif. unsure.gif

Ahhh.. nuts.

Back on topic. I'n gonna Planters my self down tonight to enjoy Headlong Flight. Love those extra crunchy riffs.And since it's 4/20, I'll make like Peter and... oh, skippy it. Skip it, I mean. I ain't creamy. I mean smooth.. yeah smooth.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 20 2012, 01:28 PM)
Back on topic. I'n gonna Planters my self down tonight to enjoy Headlong Flight. Love those extra crunchy riffs.And since it's 4/20, I'll make like Peter and... oh, skippy it. Skip it, I mean. I ain't creamy. I mean smooth.. yeah smooth.

Dude - you're nuttier than Nutella.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 20 2012, 01:30 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 20 2012, 01:28 PM)

Dude - you're nuttier than Nutella.

I'm coo coo for Reese's Puffs. I mean, I'm Nutella for Headlong Flight!

I don't think it's a coincidence that Jimmy Carter governed during perhaps the best run of Rush albums. no.gif

Now when can I leave work, cause I wanna get roasted!

Oh, and one more thing. If somebody mentions melody, or the lack thereof, one more time in this thread, I'm going to grind up your dry roasted ass and make a food paste out of you. yes.gif

Pardon me if I missed this amid the 50 or so pages in this string, but do you think that the spoken word section in the middle that talks about "....I'd do it all over again..." are Freddy Grubers?

In the press release, Neil attributes that line to Freddy (who said it when he was reminiscing among friends and former students). It would be cool if that gathering of folks had been recorded/documented and Neil added it to the song to honor Freddy.

Just a thought. I'm sure some here will disprove it some how ("I isolated the spoken word part and ran it through a filter, then played it in reverse, increased it to 353 mhz and then re-reversed and I can say with 98.0889% certainty that the voice is none other than Terry Brown.")

smile.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 20 2012, 11:53 AM)
Oh, and one more thing. If somebody mentions melody, or the lack thereof, one more time in this thread, I'm going to grind up your dry roasted ass and make a food paste out of you. yes.gif

I know of someone that will probably show up and defy you just because he can.

With marshmallow fluff......on very fresh white bread......and maybe with some sliced bananas.....

1022.gif 1022.gif

I find the Chorus ... The big steel wheel part..to be a bit out of place. I think the riff Alex lays down to be really cool, and geddy sounds great... The verses fit nicely together , but that chorus does stick out as being a tad clumsy...

Overall I like it and it's cool hearing them Rock out this much 1022.gif

Edited by Xanadoood

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 20 2012, 05:55 PM)
I find the Chorus ... The big steel wheel part..to be a bit out of place. I think the riff Alex lays down to be really cool, and geddy sounds great... The verses fit nicely together , but that chorus does stick out as being a tad clumsy...

i hear no clumsiness in there just nice flow of lyrics and music.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 20 2012, 05:58 PM)

Overall I like it and  it's cool hearing them Rock out this much  1022.gif

i hear no clumsiness in there just nice flow of lyrics and music.

Ok.

Are you talking about how the song goes from a harder edge to something more kind of rock n roll/almost S&A sounding? If so then yeah I agree. It doesn't flow well to me.

They've mixed very different parts in the past, but they usually had the same sort of feel so they flow well. Like Force Ten, has the uptempo verses, then goes to a quiet chorus, but that works much better to me.

I agree, at around 2:10 Alex starts to play what I thought was going to be a 12 bar blues. There's also a drum break that sounds like it's been sampled from a live gig.

The "big steel wheel" section sounds good to me, but I found those verses at the end to be redundant. Unnecessary. Made the song too long...... confused13.gif

As an old sound engineer once commented on our music.You need to have light and shade otherwise the song becomes wearing. The best Rush songs have that light and shade, Headlong Flight goes on a bit too long and becomes wearing. Alex's solo should have appeared a lot earlier , as an experienced musician I would have returned to 'spookiness' of the beginning and built the song up again.

This only an opinion of an aging Rush fan so don't have a go if you don't agree.