The Entire Rush Catalog

That One Guy

Hey guys,

All these "Rate this album" threads lately got me to thinking: I haven't listened to all of Rush's songs.

So I've decided that changes today. I'm gonna check the songs I'm missing off the laundry list.

I have never listened to:

A couple songs from Presto

Hold Your Fire, except for three songs

Caress Of Steel (someone's gonna kill me for that one)

Most of Fly By Night

Time to get listening!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

constantly for 36 years and it never gets tired

Most played album....hemispheres smile.gif

least played album...test for echo sad.gif

Question, How do you hear some tracks and not others?do you own the albums but skip tracks you dont like the names of? confused13.gif

I didn't start delving into the catalog until around 2006 or so. I bought a bunch of their CDs cheap from half.com (most were not the remasters, UGH!), and listened to them all. It was really great time listening to the entire body of work within about a week. Edited by Drakkhim

Certainly I've heard them all at least once...

But there are some songs I'm not really familiar at all with.

-1 or 2 on Signals

-1 or 2 on Power Windows

-Most of Hold Your Fire

-Most of Roll the Bones

-3 or 4 on Vapor Trails

-Most of Snakes and Arrows

I know the songs, but if you asked me to quote a line or sing a rhythm, I'd be lost.

Stay away from

S&A

HYF

RTB

Enjoy the rest...............

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ Apr 16 2012, 01:56 PM)
At the start of 2012, I wasn't a Rush fan. I'd heard The Spirit of Radio and that was it. Now, I've listened to all Rush albums expect a couple of live ones and Feedback. Needless to say, the last few months have been so much fun! cool.gif

1022.gif trink39.gif

I still haven't listened to every single song, but I'm slowly working my way through them. It's fun: every now and then, when I'm exposed to something new, I get a little thrill of 'newness' - it's like it's a 'new' Rush song.

When I went to the Snakes & Arrows tour concert, I hadn't heard 'Digital Man' before. I immediately liked the song, and it's become one of my faves. Same kind of thing with 'Mission' - I must have missed it during the concert, but I watched the dvd for the first time a couple of weeks ago and went, "How have I not heard this song before?" Though I still haven't heard the Hold Your Fire version, but with the thin production sound that might not be a bad thing!

'Available Light' popped up on my randomly-set ipod a while back, and has become an addition to my Master Rush Playlist. Ooh, to think of further gems I'll discover in the time to come...!

QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Apr 16 2012, 03:33 PM)
Is there, like, a Tweedledee & Tweedledum thing going on here, with 2 people telling the OP what he should & should not listen to?

So what ? It's all in good fun, try it sometime

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 16 2012, 01:19 PM)
Don't bother with anything after 1982

Actually, don't bother with anything after 1987 except for Chain Lightning and The Pass from Presto, Dreamline from RTB, all of Counterparts, and while there's a handful of mid-level clunkers on S&A, a lot of is great, so check that out as well. yes.gif

QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Apr 16 2012, 09:33 PM)
Is there, like, a Tweedledee & Tweedledum thing going on here, with 2 people telling the OP what he should & should not listen to?

Yeah.

danielmclark is tweedledum and Tommy Sawyer is tweedledummer...

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 16 2012, 03:11 PM)

Yeah.

I'm not the one telling the OP what not to listen to. No, that was pretty squarely on you, tweedledumbass.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 16 2012, 02:16 PM)

Yeah.

I'm not the one telling the OP what not to listen to. No, that was pretty squarely on you, tweedledumbass.

eh.gif b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 16 2012, 10:20 PM)

Yeah.

eh.gif b_sigh.gif

Hey, it's Tweedledummerer!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 16 2012, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 16 2012, 10:20 PM)

Yeah.

eh.gif b_sigh.gif

Hey, it's Tweedledummerer!

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

touche, my friend!