Headlong Flight Announced to be played!

losingit2k

QUOTE (ioc @ Apr 16 2012, 06:02 PM)
sad.gif wacko.gif unsure.gif eh.gif

Okay, god I'm dense. Everyone seems completely on-board as to where, when, and how to listen. That's all I can make heads or tails of. I'm hearing: 'Planet Rock' 'Thursday' '9:30EST' but I follow the link to Planet Rock, even signed up, and can't find that information anywhere.

Can someone help this poor yank thickie figure this out? I gots no shame, gots no ego, dont mind askin directions.

You just go to the site at 9:30 AM and click listen live right? At least that's the way I always did it tongue.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ioc @ Apr 17 2012, 12:02 AM)
sad.gif wacko.gif unsure.gif eh.gif

Okay, god I'm dense. Everyone seems completely on-board as to where, when, and how to listen. That's all I can make heads or tails of. I'm hearing: 'Planet Rock' 'Thursday' '9:30EST' but I follow the link to Planet Rock, even signed up, and can't find that information anywhere.

Can someone help this poor yank thickie figure this out? I gots no shame, gots no ego, dont mind askin directions.

There is no written confirmation by the looks of it, but the DJ said it live on air today. Listen on Thursday at 9:12EST and you'll hear a new Rush song cool.gif

A lot of it depends on what time Roadrunner allows radio stations to download the song. I plan on playing the song on Thursday on my station, it just depends on what time I can download it from the record company.

I plan on staying up late Wednesday night/Thursday morning in case it's available.

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 16 2012, 08:48 PM)
My fear is that it will be taken down from youtube by the time im outta work

Ditto, except I'm coming home from school. I'm telling ya, the anticipation is killing me!

I'm curious, does anyone have an idea or a guess as to what stations Headlong Flight will be playing on? Are most of the stations gonna be on Classic rock stations, or will it expand further to other stations like Alternative rock, etc.? Just curiosity on my part.

I don't even have to worry about my companies firewall...I just addedd Planet Rock as a favorite on my Wunder Radio app on my iPhone...I will be there definately

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 17 2012, 11:34 AM)
I've been streaming that station all morning today. DJ just confirmed he will play the new single as reported. (They just played Time Stand Still, too, a few minutes ago.)

Just heard it as well!

9:12am Eastern this Thursday morning!

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 16 2012, 08:50 PM)
I must remember to take a toilet break around 10 past 2 on Thursday

OK then.

Why would you listen to a new Rush tune in the jacks?

What if, ahem, you have to stay in there longer than planned?

Are the acoustics in the jacks good enough to handle this sonic platter from the GODS?

U MAD. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 17 2012, 05:34 PM)
I've been streaming that station all morning today.  DJ just confirmed he will play the new single as reported.  (They just played Time Stand Still, too, a few minutes ago.)

I had it on earlier, he played La Villa Strangiato nearer the start of the show as well. Big, big Rush fan that guy.

Edited by Unobtrusive Companion

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 16 2012, 10:59 AM)
RIAB UPDATE - 4/16@11:59AM: Reader ianian65 mentions in the comments that Darren Reddick from UK digital radio station Planet Rock has just announced on air that he will be playing the world's first exclusive hearing of Headlong Flight at approximagely 2:12PM (9:12AM EST) on April 19th.

Sweet, they have an internet link you can hear it on!

http://www.planetrock.com/on-air/

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

This will be the best Rick roll ever...

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 16 2012, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 16 2012, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Apr 16 2012, 04:49 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 16 2012, 06:10 PM)
F@#$! I'm working then. When can I hear it? fists crying.gif

Me too! fists crying.gif

Me too...BUT...I'll have my headphones on! biggrin.gif

Yep. biggrin.gif And half the company listens to music via headphones during the day anyway, so no one will care.

We are really busy thursday and I might forget its on, but just in case I remember I asked my supervisor if we could have the radio on and she said yes, as long as it ain't on too loud! 653.gif

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Apr 17 2012, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 16 2012, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 16 2012, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Apr 16 2012, 04:49 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 16 2012, 06:10 PM)
F@#$! I'm working then. When can I hear it? fists crying.gif

Me too! fists crying.gif

Me too...BUT...I'll have my headphones on! biggrin.gif

Yep. biggrin.gif And half the company listens to music via headphones during the day anyway, so no one will care.

We are really busy thursday and I might forget its on, but just in case I remember I asked my supervisor if we could have the radio on and she said yes, as long as it ain't on too loud! 653.gif

As long as it's not too loud?

Yeah, good luck with that. 10 seconds in she's going to be yelling "Turn that down!!!!!!" laugh.gif

Edited by snowdog2112