Headlong Flight Cover Art

Rushman14

QUOTE (FeelingUnlimited @ Apr 15 2012, 12:26 PM)
Wish they'd picked this as the album cover, it's gorgeous. Add some clock hands to it and it's perfect.

I agree. While I don't exactly mind the cover, the HF art is much much better.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 15 2012, 11:05 AM)
Can you feckwits not check out other threads before feverishly posting things that have already been posted???

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=2575267

who you calling feckwit?

I looked through thread topics and didnt see anything. I'm certainly not gonna search every thread. moon.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 15 2012, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 15 2012, 11:05 AM)
Can you feckwits not check out other threads before feverishly posting things that have already been posted???

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=2575267

who you calling feckwit?

I looked through thread topics and didnt see anything. I'm certainly not gonna search every thread. moon.gif

Daft old codger! Need to check out latest posts before posting..l tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 15 2012, 12:18 PM)
yes we've seen it before

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-4%2BIRUSiL._SS500_.jpg

This is far better than the red swirly one, it's like they're deliberately picking the shittest artwork they've come up with for the album cover. To be honest I would have rejected the red one altogether, even as a booklet page...

It's an awesome image but not good for an album cover, it has too much detail. For a vinyl record it'd be perfect but I think a more simple design would be way more effective on a 5" CD cover in my opinion.

Geddy actually wanted to use this for the cover but I talked him out of it a couple weeks ago... I think Neil is mad at me now over it but I don't care... tongue.gif ph34r.gif

Two things baffle me about this single:

1) They release the song on radio on the 19th/20th but hold off on making it available to the public 4-5 days later. Why? In today's day and age people will just wind up pirating it. There have been studies done with movies that show that when movies have staggered releases (IE available in on place but not another), there is a massive increase in piracy for that movie in the place that doesn't have it. IMO, you could take this data to say "If it's available, but not to everyone, then there will be piracy".

2) That cover is beautiful. The first comment nailed it. Swap out the word Headlong Flight for Clockwork Angels and maybe throw in the clock hands and you have the most awesome Rush album art.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 15 2012, 05:04 PM)
That cover is beautiful. The first comment nailed it. Swap out the word Headlong Flight for Clockwork Angels and maybe throw in the clock hands and you have the most awesome Rush album art.

The only thing I might have against it is it might be a little bit too National Geographic for an album cover, but that's nit picking, it owns the red mist art...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 15 2012, 05:07 PM)
That cover is beautiful. The first comment nailed it. Swap out the word Headlong Flight for Clockwork Angels and maybe throw in the clock hands and you have the most awesome Rush album art.

The only thing I might have against it is it might be a little bit too National Geographic for an album cover, but that's nit picking, it owns the red mist art...

trink38.gif

I also find it somehow derivative of Boston's third album.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 15 2012, 05:27 PM)

trink38.gif

...but the spaceship must have crashed into the water, that whirlpool is all that is left? unsure.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 15 2012, 05:34 PM)

trink38.gif

...but the spaceship must have crashed into the water, that whirlpool is all that is left? unsure.gif

That and the symbols are just the distress beacon going off.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 15 2012, 04:04 PM)

1) They release the song on radio on the 19th/20th but hold off on making it available to the public 4-5 days later. Why? In today's day and age people will just wind up pirating it. There have been studies done with movies that show that when movies have staggered releases (IE available in on place but not another), there is a massive increase in piracy for that movie in the place that doesn't have it. IMO, you could take this data to say "If it's available, but not to everyone, then there will be piracy".

2) That cover is beautiful. The first comment nailed it. Swap out the word Headlong Flight for Clockwork Angels and maybe throw in the clock hands and you have the most awesome Rush album art.

The Black Chord by Astra...prime example.

Released in North America March 27th, and in Europe one week earlier.

Guess when I was listening to the full album laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 15 2012, 04:34 PM)

trink38.gif

it does kinda have the same look.. Space ship or not lol

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Apr 16 2012, 04:34 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 15 2012, 04:34 PM)

trink38.gif

it does kinda have the same look.. Space ship or not lol

I wonder who was in the spaceship when it crashed? unsure.gif

And does this spell the end of RUSH or Boston? ph34r.gif

the spaceship has pods.....once the three travelers ( men of willowdale) check them out an alien face sucker launches onto their face.....the evil plan of the Watchmaker....

to be continued...

The cover mirrors the album cover... the whirlwind on red, the whirlwater on blue... something comes out of the red and into the blue, or viceversa...

The light from the water to the sky points to a blue whirlwind...

Edited by Alexmai

I agree and I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to download HF on the 19th.. I will pay for it on the 24th but if it's out I'm not waiting 5 extra days. I think they are hoping everyone will still buy it because according to RIAB, the one released on the 19th is a radio cut and the one put on sale on the 24th will be the full 7:20 version.

Still.. why not just release it all at the same time..?