The wait is hard....

Gedneil Alpeart

"The Waiting is the Hardest Part" - Tom Petty

A new Rush album.....the speculation, the dreaming, the discussions, the over analysis of every single new morsel of info about the album....... it is fun.......it is exciting, it is sexy...for someday, this process will be only memories....

....but we all want to sink our teeth into some new Rush meat....like a pack of dogs salivating and drooling as the fresh aroma of a T Bone steak starts to infiltrate.......we can almost taste it, esp after 2 bones were thrown at us 2 years sgo.....

We bark, we pant, we pace.........we want......

WOOF WOOF!!!

This is probably sacrilegious to say, but I'm not EXTREMELY anxious. When it happens, it happens.

Will I be disappointed if the release date gets pushed back more? A little bit.

Would I listen to it online if it becomes available before June? You bet!

I guess there's simply too much good music out there, old and new, for me to enjoy to really be that worked up about it. (I have over 16,000 songs on my iPod, but Rush is probably my favorite band of all the artists; at least in the top 3 anyway).

I'm not scouring the internet either for the "latest news". I will say, however, that it's probably because there are so many on THIS board that are already doing that for me laugh.gif

This is really the only place that I check other than maybe RIAB.

Anyway, my prediction will be that everyone LOVES it when it first comes out, but after the meal has had time to digest, people will start griping (on an internet board? Imagine that!) about what it "could have been". Heck, people are ALREADY doing that and we haven't even HEARD the darn thing! (I'm constantly amazed at how many are complaining because there isn't a really LONG song on the album. As if that would somehow reduce the overall quality.....)

Anyway, life will go on. Never thought the Rush boys would still be at when they were pushing 60, and I'm very thankful that they are.

Clem

I'm not standing at the stove, waiting (2 months) for the pot to boil. June will get here when it's good and ready...... smile.gif

I'm not that anxious... Yet! Maybe a bit closer to the time. In the meantime I can get all the info I want just visiting here, no need to trawl through the 'net.

Im actually enjoying the anticipation because Im well aware this could be their last album. This may be the last time I'll ever get to anticipate a new Rush album, so I'm just sort of relaxing and soaking it in.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 15 2012, 12:37 PM)
Any Rush fan with good taste?

So if anyone who is not giddy and sitting at home on pins and needles waiting for a band to release a CD some how doesn't have good taste. Brilliant! Good One wacko.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 15 2012, 12:40 PM)
Im actually enjoying the anticipation because Im well aware this could be their last album. This may be the last time I'll ever get to anticipate a new Rush album, so I'm just sort of relaxing and soaking it in.

goodpost.gif

THIS 100 percent!

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Apr 15 2012, 06:54 PM)

So if anyone who is not giddy and sitting at home on pins and needles waiting for a band to release a CD some how doesn't have good taste. Brilliant! Good One wacko.gif

I'm anxious every time Rush release a new CD in the same way I am anxious when an ageing ex-champion boxer climbs into the ring...

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 15 2012, 12:57 PM)

I'm anxious every time Rush release a new CD in the same way I am anxious when an ageing ex-champion boxer climbs into the ring...

I'm sure Rush will be fine and put out a descent CD

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Apr 15 2012, 07:10 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 15 2012, 12:57 PM)

I'm sure Rush will be fine and put out a descent CD

I'm certain this CD will be a "descent" from former glories... wink.gif

QUOTE (clem @ Apr 15 2012, 10:50 AM)
Heck, people are ALREADY doing that and we haven't even HEARD the darn thing!

We've already have one member who bitched about Geddy using the "wrong" brand of bass guitar on Headlong Flight.

I'm with you. I'm looking forward to the new stuff but I'm not anxious about it at all. It'll happen when it happens. And I say this as someone who loves Caravan/BU2B and the HF preview, and honestly believes this will be a top five album for them.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 01:28 PM)

We've already have one member who bitched about Geddy using the "wrong" brand of bass guitar on Headlong Flight.

I'm with you. I'm looking forward to the new stuff but I'm not anxious about it at all. It'll happen when it happens. And I say this as someone who loves Caravan/BU2B and the HF preview, and honestly believes this will be a top five album for them.

Because if he's not using the Rick, he's doing it all wrong. tongue.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 01:28 PM)

I agree. I'm cautiously optimistic that CA will break into my personal top 5 album list. For me at least SnA didn't even crack the top 15.

QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 15 2012, 12:55 PM)

goodpost.gif

THIS 100 percent!

Good point, but I seriously doubt this will be their last release. Classic Rock artists are still putting stuff out, and some are in their 70s (Ringo and McCartney come to mind).

It does seem, though, that as bands get older, they tend to only put out a couple of releases per decade as opposed to a new album every year.

Rush seems to be enjoying themselves too much to stop. Besides - people (that I know) started saying it would "be the end" as far back as "Hold Your Fire".

Yes, their bodies will start to limit them and their abilities. It also seems harder and harder for Geddy to sing as well at a show, but again, they're out there churning the machine, and their shows seem to be getting better and better.

However, to your point, anything can happen.....

Clem

QUOTE (clem @ Apr 15 2012, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 15 2012, 12:55 PM)

goodpost.gif

THIS 100 percent!

Good point, but I seriously doubt this will be their last release. Classic Rock artists are still putting stuff out, and some are in their 70s (Ringo and McCartney come to mind).

It does seem, though, that as bands get older, they tend to only put out a couple of releases per decade as opposed to a new album every year.

Rush seems to be enjoying themselves too much to stop. Besides - people (that I know) started saying it would "be the end" as far back as "Hold Your Fire".

Yes, their bodies will start to limit them and their abilities. It also seems harder and harder for Geddy to sing as well at a show, but again, they're out there churning the machine, and their shows seem to be getting better and better.

However, to your point, anything can happen.....

Clem

How can you say something like that? These guys are old men now. God forbid of course, but one of them could get sick or even worse. In Neil's words, "anything can happen".

Sure if they remain healthy and can keep going, we'll get another album in 4 or 5 years, but there's just no way you can actually say you think that will happen. No way to know something like that.

Only logical thing to do is go into each one knowing it COULD be the last, so I'm not going to get all antsy about it. It is a possibility this is the last time any of us will experience waiting for a new Rush album. That's just a fact.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 15 2012, 05:46 PM)
How can you say something like that? These guys are old men now. God forbid of course, but one of them could get sick or even worse. In Neil's words, "anything can happen".

Sure if they remain healthy and can keep going, we'll get another album in 4 or 5 years, but there's just no way you can actually say you think that will happen. No way to know something like that.

None of them are even 60 yet. Neil turns 60 this year, Geddy and Alex turn 60 next year. They're not "old men". You say "old men" and I picture someone who is hitting Denny's for the early bird special so he can get back to the nursing home in time for his medication and 8:00 lights out.

I think there's an even chance that this will be the last studio album, but I can see them touring another 8-10 years if they continue to take care of themselves.

The only things making me anxious are keeping up with the increase in posts here, on Facebook, RIAB, etc., and hoping we find out about tour dates in time for me to put in for vacation by the deadline(s) or before other people get it.

I'm looking forward to the album but i'm certainly not anxcious at all. Especially when it's still two months away. If you're experiencing anxiety over the release of the new album this far in advance then you might wanna see a doctor because I think there may be some health issues you need to address.

I waited the long stretch between T4E and VT and from VT to S&A. This isn't the first time i've had to wait awhile for a Rush album and there are other bands that i've waited longer to hear new stuff from. Let's get a grip people this isn't the first time a band has taken their time to get an album out.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I don't find the wait hard.... There's other things keeping my life busy.

Waiting for the concert when you've already bought the tickets, however, is a hard wait for me.