Preorder or buy on sight?

Motorshooter

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm preordering the Classic Rock pack but if I don't have it by the release date, I'm going to the store at midnight to get a copy. 2 copies of an album never hurt anyone!

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Apr 12 2012, 08:44 AM)
I'll probably pick it up on my way to work that morning.

It's gonna be a great day that day, I just know it.

Me too - and my car has a cool feature that automatically records CDs to the harddrive so I will always have it with me in the car smile.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 11 2012, 01:53 PM)
I like to touch something before I buy it, so I rarely preorder. Plus, I like the thrill of the chase that comes from tracking it down on release day.

I always had that same attitude, but now that "record stores" are few and far between, it's a tough call! It took me a few weeks to get a copy of Time Machine Live...

Not sure how I want to handle this one, but the order it now, and just get it on iTunes that day (just in case) might not be a bad idea!

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Apr 12 2012, 12:17 PM)
Curious on the UK orders....did they charge above the $27.00 US for shipping and handling?

My total for two fan packs was $54, everything included. That was my final charge on my credit card. $27 each.

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Apr 12 2012, 02:17 PM)
Curious on the UK orders....did they charge above the $27.00 US for shipping and handling?

I think when you switch from "UK" to "Rest of World", it automatically adds another 2-3 pounds onto the item price.

I'm guessing that's to cover the shipping/handling.

*edited to say that I used "rest of world" being in Canada. Not sure what the charge was for US residents.

Edited by EmotionDetector

Thanks...I ordered it...(I also missed that it did say "delivery included" on the front page of the site.... doh.gif )

I mostly asked the question about the shipping because several years back, I ordered some DVD's from the UK, and the shipping ended up almost doubling the price!

Edited by Jaminbenb

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 11 2012, 01:53 PM)
I like to touch something before I buy it, so I rarely preorder. Plus, I like the thrill of the chase that comes from tracking it down on release day.

I still do that, so that's what I'll do on release day!

I've bought every Rush CD from the UK Newcastle branch of J.G. Windows, which is a tradition I've kept up ever since I bought my first CD player there in '88.

Thing was, they had a free 5 CD deal on with every player sold, so ran downstairs like a frisky puppy and grabbed a fistfull of Rush albums.

Been so grateful ever since, I like to reciprocate. It's good to support your local store.

Trouble is, It's a real bugger when they don't have it in on release day....

I'll go to the store and buy it the day it's released. Pre-orders don't ensure delivery the day of release. Besides, it's a thrill to see the new album in a proud display among the other CDs.

I'm going to bounce over to the record store on Tuesday, after my final college final (!) and pick up two copies: one for me and one for my boss. He is a Van Halen freak, and got me a copy of their new album, so I am going to reciprocate.

I'm doing both. I ordered the fan-pack, but will SURELY go buy the CD at the store the day it comes out - just as I have for every Rush release since HYF in 87.

Will give my younger Sister, who is an indoctrinated Rush fanatic, one of my copies unless I decide to keep them both smile.gif